IGNORED

Explain that / Deafening silence (Merged)

Robin Wood

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Fair. 
Personally I think LJ has earned enough rope to be given at the very least til the end of this season. 
He has improved players with his coaching and has diligently worked within the structure with little complaint, whilst attaining year on year league table improvement despite his best players being sold and not replaced adequately, meaning he’s had to change his style and system. 
MA on the the other hand has not recruited well, in my opinion. 

Where when how has he improved players? Elliason? Done everything he could to hold him back, the other younger players only played occasionally and then out of position. Established players, individuality stifled, no rotation, constant style changes, confused tactics, allowing personal feelings to influence decisions - it goes on and on and on - we are going nowhere with him in charge and never were

14 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Tired legs, mental fatigue and knocks and injuries are exactly the reason why players who (presumably as they are at the top of their game) can usually control and pass a ball better than any of us could ever dream of doing suddenly lose the ability to.

how do you know which players want to take the rest and which will put in additional work?

This is brought on by Lees constant ramblings and waffle and game plans, as he seems to want to make half decent players heads explode. Football is a simple game made head bangingly confusing by LJ, no amount of rest will make any difference as LJ will still be there when they return.

According to many we have been without some of our best through injury most are back now and we are worse, some good their rest/recovery time did them/us. Lee OUT.

16 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson told BBC Radio Bristol: "They [Shrewsbury] deserved a replay. They were strong.

"They hit us on the counter well, through a little bit of our sloppiness at times.

"At 1-0 up, I thought that might have been over the line, our 'goal' that was sort of bundled off the line.

"But I'm pleased we're in the hat, I'll be honest with you. It was always going to be a tough match, given the run of games we've had and the fact they had a 10-day rest. It adds up."

Meh... Knobber

And he’s a liar or poor at maths.... they played away to Bolton on Sunday... 6 not 10 days ago. 

59 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Where when how has he improved players? Elliason? Done everything he could to hold him back, the other younger players only played occasionally and then out of position. Established players, individuality stifled, no rotation, constant style changes, confused tactics, allowing personal feelings to influence decisions - it goes on and on and on - we are going nowhere with him in charge and never were

This doesn’t deserve a response. 

But since you mention Eliasson. 

Go watch his first few games again. Then come back and tell me he’s not a significantly better player now. 

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Why are you lying, Dave?

16 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson told BBC Radio Bristol: "They [Shrewsbury] deserved a replay. They were strong. They hit us on the counter well

This annoys me more than it should.

I expected Shrewsbury to have a right good go of it and they did, anyone expecting a walkover is underestimating how much of a leveller cup football is, one division difference and us in poor form is all the incentive they needed to play with real desire.

But what annoys me is it wasn't simply counter attacking smash and grab fire in the belly stuff. Half time they made adjustments and were the better side with far more possession second half, they knew what they were doing and they created chances.

It's a bit more than plucky Shrewsbury, to be honest it you saw them keep the ball and us punting aimless long balls upfield with no quality or gameplan besides kick and rush you would have assumed we were the plucky underdog trying to get something.

Yes LJ is right Shrewsbury deserved a replay, but I find the idea of congratulating them for their counter attacking and getting one a bit embarrassing and frankly patronizing as based on the second half football they should congratulate us for getting a replay.

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

This annoys me more than it should.

I expected Shrewsbury to have a right good go of it and they did, anyone expecting a walkover is underestimating how much of a leveller cup football is, one division difference and us in poor form is all the incentive they needed to play with real desire.

But what annoys me is it wasn't simply counter attacking smash and grab fire in the belly stuff. Half time they made adjustments and were the better side with far more possession second half, they knew what they were doing and they created chances.

It's a bit more than plucky Shrewsbury, to be honest it you saw them keep the ball and us punting aimless long balls upfield with no quality or gameplan besides kick and rush you would have assumed we were the plucky underdog trying to get something.

Yes LJ is right Shrewsbury deserved a replay, but I find the idea of congratulating them for their counter attacking and getting one a bit embarrassing and frankly patronizing as based on the second half football they should congratulate us for getting a replay.

I was annoyed by him patronising Shrewsbury too, made him sound arrogant and really highlighted to me his diversion tactics to avoid taking any responsibility.

The way he described it as “their cup final” or something! How ducking arrogant and condescending can you get!

6 hours ago, Harry said:

This doesn’t deserve a response. 

But since you mention Eliasson. 

Go watch his first few games again. Then come back and tell me he’s not a significantly better player now. 

What did you see in a Eliasson’s performance yesterday?  His positional sense with or without the ball as a RW was appalling.  On the left wing his is so much more natural in and out of possession.  He looked absolutely lost all second half.  As he’s near to LJ on the RW in the second half, why isn’t he at least being told where to go.

I wish Statszone covered the FA Cup matches to show the relationship of his performance over 0-21, 21-45 and 46-90 minute period.  It’s chalk and cheese.  Not only did it waste Eliasson, it wasted Watkins too. Who never saw the ball.

7 hours ago, dave36 said:

I don't suppose he had any involvement in the development of Bobby Reid as a striker, or of Lloyd Kelly or Taylor Moore?

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What did you see in a Eliasson’s performance yesterday?  His positional sense with or without the ball as a RW was appalling.  On the left wing his is so much more natural in and out of possession.  He looked absolutely lost all second half.  As he’s near to LJ on the RW in the second half, why isn’t he at least being told where to go.

I wish Statszone covered the FA Cup matches to show the relationship of his performance over 0-21, 21-45 and 46-90 minute period.  It’s chalk and cheese.  Not only did it waste Eliasson, it wasted Watkins too. Who never saw the ball.

Not necessarily referring to yesterday Dave, but there’s absolutely no doubting he’s a much better player than when he arrived. 
For the poster to say LJ doesn’t improve players, well, I find that laughable. 

42 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He did correct himself.

But carry on..

Yeah the interview I heard he managed himself down from 10 to 8 days. Still not true and frankly a pathetic excuse from a man who will also tell you how strong the squad is, then tell you he needs to trim it and reinforce it.  17 out 18 were his signings.... at best he’s inconsistent.  Presumably as inconsistent in his dealings with players... 

7 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

He corrected himself and still got it wrong you really couldn’t make it up

Does it matter that he was a day or two out ?

In the overall scheme of things ?

Does it really matter that much ?

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Does it matter that he was a day or two out ?

In the overall scheme of things ?

Does it really matter that much ?

Yes it does , lj likes to spout bullshit about how meticulous he is about everything you’d of thought he could get when our opposition last played right, it was almost like he was blagging his way through the interview and we all know lee never does that .

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

Yes it does , lj likes to spout bullshit about how meticulous he is about everything you’d of thought he could get when our opposition last played right, it was almost like he was blagging his way through the interview and we all know lee never does that .

I did mention the literal thing in another thread but no matter.

On 04/01/2020 at 16:36, Dolman_Stand said:

I do understand why people are frustrated at the moment, ultimately we aren't playing well at the moment and that will breed frustration,  I just feel that we are a long way from being at the point where the manager's position should be under threat. It was only a month ago that we won at Fulham and everything was rosy in the Ashton Gate garden so things can change quickly, would anyone really be that suprised if in a months time we are back on an upward trajectory?

I can't recall many disenting voices in the summer when he signed his new contract in fact it was quite the opposite and seen as a positive.

The play-offs are still within striking distance and all is not yet lost, if the season fizzles out and we end up nowhere near them or lower half then I agree the conversations should be being had but only at that point. I also think everyone should bear in mind that whoever replaces LJ if we do pull the trigger will be of a similar ilk i.e. more coaching based than managerial as it fits the business model that the club has decided to utilise.

Just sayin........

Do we always have to resurrect threads to score points of no value?

We are on a roll, Diehdou is like a new signing as he has some quality ball to feed from and Williams/Baker are our best central defensive partnership since the 70s.

Big Game on Friday, but four enormous games coming up! The thing is right now NO ONE FANCIES PLAYING US!!. Typically we are better when chasing teams in the league, so hang on to your hats girls this could be fun and I cant help thinking that streaky Lee has had his poor streak.  

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We are on a roll, Diehdou is like a new signing as he has some quality ball to feed from and Williams/Baker are our best central defensive partnership since the 70s.

Big Game on Friday, but four enormous games coming up! The thing is right now NO ONE FANCIES PLAYING US!!. Typically we are better when chasing teams in the league, so hang on to your hats girls this could be fun and I cant help thinking that streaky Lee has had his poor streak.  

I think you are right their is points scoring on these threads, but i think for many who have seen the progress under LJ over the last 4 years to call for his head when we dropped outside of the play offs but were only 2 points behind them were ridiculous... no chairman worth their salt would think of firing a manager in that position.

however we had sack him threads, the pathetic open letters to mr lansdown, the threads asking what LJ excuse would be the day before the actual match.

im not sure where these posters actually expected us or wanted us to be at this stage of the season but I’m pretty happy.

i may be wrong and I firstly I have no doubts that everyone on this forum wants city to win and go up, but at times it feels that they would rather us go up with a different manager at the helm.

its a great forum and I do respect the opinions of everyone bar a few who just seem sensationalists.

hops that makes sense.

14 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I think you are right their is points scoring on these threads, but i think for many who have seen the progress under LJ over the last 4 years to call for his head when we dropped outside of the play offs but were only 2 points behind them were ridiculous... no chairman worth their salt would think of firing a manager in that position.

however we had sack him threads, the pathetic open letters to mr lansdown, the threads asking what LJ excuse would be the day before the actual match.

im not sure where these posters actually expected us or wanted us to be at this stage of the season but I’m pretty happy.

i may be wrong and I firstly I have no doubts that everyone on this forum wants city to win and go up, but at times it feels that they would rather us go up with a different manager at the helm.

its a great forum and I do respect the opinions of everyone bar a few who just seem sensationalists.

hops that makes sense.

I do think we need to realise tho that yes we dropped outside of the play offs by a couple of points and to many outsider it would have looked crazy to sack the manager. but that was largely due to lots of teams in the top half having bad runs. If results had also gone against us during that bad run of games the league could have looked very different. 

Also people who go to watch the team pay to be entertained during the past 2 years at home especially can we really say we have been entertained?  

I think everyone had valid points on both sides of the argument (much like my views on Brexit) but like brexit its done now so let's just move on and all support the team together! 

I don't know why this needed dragging up. Ultimately, while some will always dislike Lee Johnson and wouldn't be upset for results to turn in a way that'd see him gone, the majority of supporters just want him and the team to do well.

At the moment, we're doing well. In fact, we've been doing pretty well for the best part of 18 months barring the odd wobble here and there.

Sure, top six is the target. Sure, he'll be under huge pressure if that doesn't happen. But let's keep the points scoring on the pitch rather than off it.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

hops that makes sense.

Yes it does make sense. However it’s football and this is a forum, the only people that read it and take the slightest notice are the ones on it.

The support the team and LJ have at home with huge crowds, for us, and the immense away followings are what matters not a faceless forum where we all come to let off steam. Me included! 

LJ is streaky. LJ himself knows it and that plays into it! Nevertheless SL long since stopped posting and reading this stuff making open letters moot to all but those who bother to read them. 

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

I don't know why this needed dragging up. Ultimately, while some will always dislike Lee Johnson and wouldn't be upset for results to turn in a way that'd see him gone, the majority of supporters just want him and the team to do well.

At the moment, we're doing well. In fact, we've been doing pretty well for the best part of 18 months barring the odd wobble here and there.

Sure, top six is the target. Sure, he'll be under huge pressure if that doesn't happen. But let's keep the points scoring on the pitch rather than off it.

My point in an earlier post. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Not always, just when I get one right...

3 hours ago, tunnie12345 said:

Sorry finally, last year west brom sacked there manager while in 4th... Look at them now! 

I wonder how much that cost them? They are currently 2 places better off and there is no way of knowing if their Manager at the time would have go them up from there anyway.

On 05/01/2020 at 17:36, Mendip City said:

Yeah the interview I heard he managed himself down from 10 to 8 days. Still not true and frankly a pathetic excuse from a man who will also tell you how strong the squad is, then tell you he needs to trim it and reinforce it.  17 out 18 were his signings.... at best he’s inconsistent.  Presumably as inconsistent in his dealings with players... 

Seems LJ was right.

Archived