IGNORED

Explain that / Deafening silence (Merged)

Robin Wood

5 hours ago, The Journalist said:

I don't know why this needed dragging up. Ultimately, while some will always dislike Lee Johnson and wouldn't be upset for results to turn in a way that'd see him gone, the majority of supporters just want him and the team to do well.

At the moment, we're doing well. In fact, we've been doing pretty well for the best part of 18 months barring the odd wobble here and there.

Sure, top six is the target. Sure, he'll be under huge pressure if that doesn't happen. But let's keep the points scoring on the pitch rather than off it.

It's been a useful exercise, having done a little bit if digging, I was able to see that those on this thread calling for LJ out have by and large disappeared today, very few comments from those people about today's result, now that may be a coincidence but I'll stick with my theory that these people have an agenda against LJ. We will next see them comment when we next lose. It's so predictable. 

6 hours ago, tunnie12345 said:

Sorry finally, last year west brom sacked there manager while in 4th... Look at them now! 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I wonder how much that cost them? They are currently 2 places better off and there is no way of knowing if their Manager at the time would have go them up from there anyway.

We can, at the very least, say that sacking Moore when the Chinese did was utterly stupid. 

In other words It does not matter whether they are struggling in the Prem because of Moore or top of the Championship in spite of him; they are no better off letting him go.

Oh I'm not saying it was a good idea sacking him, just nearly pointing out that it has happened befor. 

My original point was that the championship this year is so open, if we had our bad run in another year we could have found ourselves 16/17 afterwards and then people would have been within their rights to call for him to be sacked.  Imo Johnson was very lucky that results didn't go against us during our bad run. Like a previous poster said there is a reason we're not in charge as fans as we get too emotionally involved. 

Look at West brom, first win in 6 yesterday and was still enough to take them top. 

20 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Do we always have to resurrect threads to score points of no value?

We are on a roll, Diehdou is like a new signing as he has some quality ball to feed from and Williams/Baker are our best central defensive partnership since the 70s.

Big Game on Friday, but four enormous games coming up! The thing is right now NO ONE FANCIES PLAYING US!!. Typically we are better when chasing teams in the league, so hang on to your hats girls this could be fun and I cant help thinking that streaky Lee has had his poor streak.  

That’s unfair. It’s not a question of resurrecting threads to score points; it’s a matter of holding fire until you have the evidence to support your argument.

Unfortunately many posters overreact wildly to a few results (either way - the optimism now is overdone too).

Looking back on hotheaded overreactions is perfectly valid. More people should look at the long term trends.

22 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Do we always have to resurrect threads to score points of no value?

We are on a roll, Diehdou is like a new signing as he has some quality ball to feed from and Williams/Baker are our best central defensive partnership since the 70s.

Big Game on Friday, but four enormous games coming up! The thing is right now NO ONE FANCIES PLAYING US!!. Typically we are better when chasing teams in the league, so hang on to your hats girls this could be fun and I cant help thinking that streaky Lee has had his poor streak.  

Is it point scoring or holding people to account for their fragility/lack of support/disgusting comments about a man who gives his all for the club. 

If you don't want your words to be dragged up, I guess it would make sense to think before posting. 

God knows I don't mind when my mistakes are brought back up. 

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

That’s unfair. It’s not a question of resurrecting threads to score points; it’s a matter of holding fire until you have the evidence to support your argument.

Unfortunately many posters overreact wildly to a few results (either way - the optimism now is overdone too).

Looking back on hotheaded overreactions is perfectly valid. More people should look at the long term trends.

Unfortunately I think you are wrong in most cases. Yes there are a very few that want to treat a football forum like a debating society, but the vast majority don't. They either want to have a rant or in this case have a nah nah nah nah nah, thus some would rather resurrect a thread and say I told you so than start a new positive thread playing into the divisive nature of forums. 

All Football fans over react wildly. Its football over reactions are part of what happens. The issue is now supporters have a place to say what they feel. 40 years ago, that was unheard of, but football violence was endemic. Point is over reactions on here are far better than anywhere else. This place is just an outlet.  

LJ enjoys great support from supporters at home and away and I suspect he never comes on here. Why would he?. 

Trends are deceiving. I dont know how 'long term' you like your trends My first season supporting the club in 67 we were mid table in the equivalent of the Championship. However since SL has been the majority shareholder the change has been immense even with relegations thrown in. 

At the end of the day SL will decide how to react with LJ for all of us, that will be tested if Steve does not get his top six finish...The rest of it is irrelevant

4 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Is it point scoring or holding people to account for their fragility/lack of support/disgusting comments about a man who gives his all for the club. 

If you don't want your words to be dragged up, I guess it would make sense to think before posting. 

God knows I don't mind when my mistakes are brought back up. 

I assume your you is plural. As I would not care about my words, I just get pissed off with the constant bickering 

As I have stated many times LJ's support is immense home and away and was again yesterday and at Reading. Lack of support is just not a thing you can say happens to the team or the manager. Crowds and followings and constant singing do not bare it out. 

I'm not sure what you mean about fragility, so ill bush over that, as for disgusting comments...Who do you mean? Anyone/s specifically any particular 'disgusting comment' 

46 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I assume your you is plural. As I would not care about my words, I just get pissed off with the constant bickering 

As I have stated many times LJ's support is immense home and away and was again yesterday and at Reading. Lack of support is just not a thing you can say happens to the team or the manager. Crowds and followings and constant singing do not bare it out. 

I'm not sure what you mean about fragility, so ill bush over that, as for disgusting comments...Who do you mean? Anyone/s specifically any particular 'disgusting comment' 

Plural yes.

Examples, read page one of this thread. Glen Hunphries in particular vicious and personal. "Dwarf" and the like.

Again, talking about the individuals on this thread, who invariably aren't at games. They aren't supportive or supporters in the truest sense. 

I find people who can't stomach the hard parts of being a football fan to be fragile. The sorts of people you wouldn't want by your side in a fight or a battle. Just think it's the cowards way out to moan about the team and the manager in the bad times rather than growing a set and lending some positivity.

Sorry that post came across as directed at you and your posting history, I can't say I've ever noticed you say anything offensive. 

13 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Plural yes.

Examples, read page one of this thread. Glen Hunphries in particular vicious and personal. "Dwarf" and the like.

Again, talking about the individuals on this thread, who invariably aren't at games. They aren't supportive or supporters in the truest sense. 

I find people who can't stomach the hard parts of being a football fan to be fragile. The sorts of people you wouldn't want by your side in a fight or a battle. Just think it's the cowards way out to moan about the team and the manager in the bad times rather than growing a set and lending some positivity.

Sorry that post came across as directed at you and your posting history, I can't say I've ever noticed you say anything offensive. 

I feel your pain. 

I don’t know who goes and doesn’t. For myself I live abroad and fly thousands of miles a few times a season with the upside of getting tv piped in as an expat every game For the record I was at Reading. 

Being a City fan is not for the faint hearted as our failure for many years has only been surpassed by the blue few. However there are shitloads of us. Living with failure is something we do stomaching as the editor of the Sun once said thin and thinner. I have never met a fragile City fan and I have seen a lot. 

My thought is don’t get to mixed up with reactions on here, frustration at our consistent failure when it matters will come to the surface on a faceless forum and LJ will be the first to say he does not always get it right. The rest is white noise which gets magnified by bringing up old threads. For the record again I don’t see me on the this thread until today  

COYRs 

On 01/02/2020 at 19:17, MC RISK77 said:

I think you are right their is points scoring on these threads, but i think for many who have seen the progress under LJ over the last 4 years to call for his head when we dropped outside of the play offs but were only 2 points behind them were ridiculous... no chairman worth their salt would think of firing a manager in that position.

however we had sack him threads, the pathetic open letters to mr lansdown, the threads asking what LJ excuse would be the day before the actual match.

im not sure where these posters actually expected us or wanted us to be at this stage of the season but I’m pretty happy.

i may be wrong and I firstly I have no doubts that everyone on this forum wants city to win and go up, but at times it feels that they would rather us go up with a different manager at the helm.

its a great forum and I do respect the opinions of everyone bar a few who just seem sensationalists.

hops that makes sense.

So... You appear to be point scoring. 

Let it go ffs. 

Archived