IGNORED

Go or stay POLL

FrozenRobin

Go or stay?  

538 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally think he has run out of ideas. Wanted him gone after Brentford, but... having thought about this, I think he should be given to the end of the season and assess where we are then. We are 2 points behind the play off positions, give him the LAST CHANCE to turn things around.

Meanwhile, the club should be looking at potential replacements that fit what they see will suit their aspirations (I assume getting to the Prem asap with good football on offer). If LJ doesn’t hit the playoffs this year and their is no real change in quality of overall performance then he should go at the seasons end.

Not sure there are obvious contenders out there at the minute. Hughton has been good, but not convinced his football would be right. Can’t stand Warnock’s football, although would be interested to see what he might do with a 6 month contract and a brief to get us into the playoffs this season. At least it might be interesting to see what he would do with this set of players. Actually, quite liked that Jokanovic bloke, he might want a lot of money to spend though.

I personally would like the club to have imagination, be braver and go for a good coach and way of playing that has been evident from the likes of Brentford over the past few seasons. Okay they haven’t gone up (yet), but nearly every time I’ve seen them they play entertaining football.

Whilst my patience has run out with LJ (it’s so boring at the minute) and I don’t believe he’s going to achieve what we want, the next appointment is going to be more crucial than ever, and will show just how ambitious the club really is. Putting the feelers out for the right person, who would have the potential or credentials to get us up as well as developing us in the Prem should begin today.

It isn’t even the fact we have had 1 win in 7. It is how awful our performances have been for months. Even after the wins against Huddersfield and Fulham I wasn’t sold this is a playoff team. Post Afobe can count the good performances on one hand. 

xG has been telling us all season we have been overly clinical and as bad as we have been defensively we were keeping them out more than expected. All we are doing now is averaging out. Bentley isn’t quite as on fire and we still aren’t creating very many. 

I am just utterly bored of our football. Our performances have gotten steadily worse since that cup run a couple seasons ago. Millions upon millions spent since then and still no ideas. 

The funny thing is no one on here can name a realistic decent replacement. Give him until the summer - if we don’t make the top 6 then it’s time for a change.

There also might be better managers available we could attract during the summer who will have a longer window to bring in their own players. 

2 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

The funny thing is no one on here can name a realistic decent replacement. Give him until the summer - if we don’t make the top 6 then it’s time for a change.

There also might be better managers available we could attract during the summer who will have a longer window to bring in their own players. 

I like Paul Cook at Wigan and Uwe Rosler at Malmo.  Liked them both for a long time.  The other one I like (at the moment) is Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

The only problem with this is that he will no doubt add to an already excessively sized squad creating even more problems for the new regime 

I think you can definitely argue that it would be difficult for the club to sack Johnson right now. He, along with Ashton in particular, has done a tremendous overall job in improving the club. It is testament to what he has done that so many of us are so frustrated despite being in touch of the play offs. 

At the same time, I wouldn’t be at all sorry to see him go. That performance today was pathetic, and for years we have been enduring slow, static and tedious play at Ashton Gate while Johnson bangs on about identity and the media buy into the myth that a Lee Johnson side is great to watch.

It’s rubbish, of course, and Johnson’s whole persona doesn’t help him. Throwing players under the bus, business speak nonsense, over complicating every single element of the job all help to slowly build resentment.

It’s a real shame. I loved the start of that season with the cup run, where it felt that we were really creating something special. He is great at aspects of the job, clearly he works extremely well with some players, he’s great with kids and does the ambassadorial stuff really well, and fundamentally he has transformed a yo-yo club into play off contenders. He appears to love the club which I think is extraordinary given the stick he got as a player. 

But nearly isn’t enough any more. Increasingly I feel he’s done what he can and it’s time to move on to someone who can take us one step further.

14 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

I think you can definitely argue that it would be difficult for the club to sack Johnson right now. He, along with Ashton in particular, has done a tremendous overall job in improving the club. It is testament to what he has done that so many of us are so frustrated despite being in touch of the play offs. 

At the same time, I wouldn’t be at all sorry to see him go. That performance today was pathetic, and for years we have been enduring slow, static and tedious play at Ashton Gate while Johnson bangs on about identity and the media buy into the myth that a Lee Johnson side is great to watch.

It’s rubbish, of course, and Johnson’s whole persona doesn’t help him. Throwing players under the bus, business speak nonsense, over complicating every single element of the job all help to slowly build resentment.

It’s a real shame. I loved the start of that season with the cup run, where it felt that we were really creating something special. He is great at aspects of the job, clearly he works extremely well with some players, he’s great with kids and does the ambassadorial stuff really well, and fundamentally he has transformed a yo-yo club into play off contenders. He appears to love the club which I think is extraordinary given the stick he got as a player. 

But nearly isn’t enough any more. Increasingly I feel he’s done what he can and it’s time to move on to someone who can take us one step further.

I haven't posted about LJ for the last few weeks because I've struggled to articulate how I feel about him.

This, however is the most accurate representation of where we are with him to date. I (just about) am now in the LJ out camp, but the vitriol and pelters he gets on here is pretty galling. I think whatever happens we will look back at the first few years of his managemment and realise what he achieved (along with MA) in transforming our club into one with ambition and a great emphasis on youth. Whilst the football is now indeed dour, some of the players we've seen under his tenure have been the best to ever grace a city shirt. Furthermore, our expectations of where we should be, and want to be, are unrecognisable from 7-8 years ago, and the bloke should at least get some recognition for that. People are acting like he's some pr**k that is out to wreck the club - whereas he clearly cares massively about City and its future success.

I for one would like change, but will still get behind the team if he stays.

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And I could pull a pair of big breasted blondes down town and end up having a threesome. I’m talking nonsense but you started it

The pair of big breasted blondes down town agree that you are talking nonsense. :) 

3 hours ago, ray savino said:

Personally think he has run out of ideas. Wanted him gone after Brentford, but... having thought about this, I think he should be given to the end of the season and assess where we are then. We are 2 points behind the play off positions, give him the LAST CHANCE to turn things around.

Meanwhile, the club should be looking at potential replacements that fit what they see will suit their aspirations (I assume getting to the Prem asap with good football on offer). If LJ doesn’t hit the playoffs this year and their is no real change in quality of overall performance then he should go at the seasons end.

Not sure there are obvious contenders out there at the minute. Hughton has been good, but not convinced his football would be right. Can’t stand Warnock’s football, although would be interested to see what he might do with a 6 month contract and a brief to get us into the playoffs this season. At least it might be interesting to see what he would do with this set of players. Actually, quite liked that Jokanovic bloke, he might want a lot of money to spend though.

I personally would like the club to have imagination, be braver and go for a good coach and way of playing that has been evident from the likes of Brentford over the past few seasons. Okay they haven’t gone up (yet), but nearly every time I’ve seen them they play entertaining football.

Whilst my patience has run out with LJ (it’s so boring at the minute) and I don’t believe he’s going to achieve what we want, the next appointment is going to be more crucial than ever, and will show just how ambitious the club really is. Putting the feelers out for the right person, who would have the potential or credentials to get us up as well as developing us in the Prem should begin today.

On - probably - £750k+ a year, I'm sure LJ will agree with being given until the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, kivsy said:

If he’s such a sought after coach , with both Everton and West Ham recently having had vacancies why was he not approached?   

Maybe he's was. But I believe they have a full compliment of cleaners at both clubs currently. 

2 hours ago, gazza1982 said:

Its the same old, same old....and when the summer window/break comes is he to be sacked on the last day if we are not in the top six? or maybe he could be allowed to sell off any assets first bring even more players in and then give them time to bed in...just like last summer.....then we are back to the Jan window and repeat and repeat....never actually getting anywhere.

As for a replacement not holding any hope for anyone that different and with a new contract just signed LJ unfortunately is here for a while yet.

That does not mean we have to sit down shut up about it as LJ seemingly randomly selects teams/players while striving to find an identity and leader when there is none.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I like Paul Cook at Wigan and Uwe Rosler at Malmo.  Liked them both for a long time.  The other one I like (at the moment) is Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe.

Like Cook and Rosler. Also like Alex Neil at Preston.

Archived