IGNORED

Taylor Moore...

spudski

....what a bloke he is.

People talk about the Snowflake generation, but this lad has so much determination and balls.

Always challenging himself and trying to improve. Both on and off the pitch.

Never shirks, always takes constructive criticism and looks to improve himself.

Top lad imo.

From LJ today...quote..

He knocked on the door and asked ‘can I be captain’ because he wants to work on his leadership and sees himself as a long-term Bristol City captain so I love attitude like that.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

....what a bloke he is.

People talk about the Snowflake generation, but this lad has so much determination and balls.

Top lad imo.

From LJ today...quote..

He knocked on the door and asked ‘can I be captain’ because he wants to work on his leadership and sees himself as a long-term Bristol City captain so I love attitude like that.

Been unlucky with his injury and also Kalas getting injured  just whenit looked like  the two of them could form a good partnership. Playing regularly though the season might have seen us much stronger defensively. 

Takes a bit of bottle for a young player to ask for the captaincy,  when surrounded by older and more experienced players, but his actions at Southend in addressing his weaknesses perhaps show that he has that in spades. He might just be the leader that many fans suggest we lack on the pitch.

Also, how many fans were hoping he would be shipped out back in the summer - funny old game this football?

I agree with most of that Spud, but he does tend to make a couple of bloopers in every match. If, as you say, he always takes constructive criticism, then he has a big career ahead of him 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I agree with most of that Spud, but he does tend to make a couple of bloopers in every match. If, as you say, he always takes constructive criticism, then he has a big career ahead of him 

Playing in a team obviously so lacking in confidence , making just a couple of bloopers is indeed a bonus for us.

37 minutes ago, spudski said:

....what a bloke he is.

Top lad imo.

From LJ today...quote..

With confidence like that I'd give 22 year old Taylor the armband permanently. We need a leader on the pitch, because since his elevation to the captaincy, Josh Brownhill's form has suffered, with the responsibility resembling kryptonite. At this rate we won't be able to sell him during this window, for an oversize fee.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My glass is half empty tonight Spud.

02CEC405-F3F7-4EA0-AEDB-B406DFCFE91E.jpeg

Don't think it's necessarily a player volunteering and LJ doing it because he couldn't pick someone else. 

Kalas has captained Czech Republic, and hasn't Maenpaa been captain for us before?

Moore has asked so he could develop his own leadership skills and LJ gave him the opportunity in a game less important than a league match.

47 minutes ago, spudski said:

....what a bloke he is.

Top lad imo.

From LJ today...quote..

Blokes a born leader with top class attitude...watched him "close up" a few times for the U23's,,,always busy organising people & encouraging everyone... he's a gem.

26 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Of course he makes the occasional errors -  to expected of young guys like TM. Massengo also messes up from time to time. 

Game time and the experience that goes with it are the only remedy.

As Spudski says TM is guy some guy, determined, has a strong character and will almost certainly become Citys captain at some stage - he’s captained England’s U19s and is well aware of the responsibility captaincy involves. 

Hes also fluent in French so has no problem getting the message thru to Famara! 

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My glass is half empty tonight Spud.

02CEC405-F3F7-4EA0-AEDB-B406DFCFE91E.jpeg

To me that’s putting an unnecessary negative spin on one of the very few things to be positive about. 

TM took the initiative and went looking for an extra responsibility, and was rewarded for that in a game where it was fairly safe to be making that sort of change. 

I can’t help but love TM, attitude seems absolutely faultless, he deserves a big future here. Far less capable players would have thrown their toys out the pram at how his early days went here, but he got his head down and got on with it, and he came back a better player for it.

I think LJ recognised that he was due that reward when he came asking for the responsibility. TM and LJ deserve credit here IMO. 

I like Taylor Moors but he is obviously destined for bigger and better things so will soon be sold. One of his attributes is his ability to bring the ball out with his feet rather than just lumping it out. Don't understand why he is dropped so often TBH. He would be my first pick in the team at the moment.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

To me that’s putting an unnecessary negative spin on one of the very few things to be positive about. 

TM took the initiative and went looking for an extra responsibility, and was rewarded for that in a game where it was fairly safe to be making that sort of change. 

I can’t help but love TM, attitude seems absolutely faultless, he deserves a big future here. Far less capable players would have thrown their toys out the pram at how his early days went here, but he got his head down and got on with it, and he came back a better player for it.

I think LJ recognised that he was due that reward when he came asking for the responsibility. TM and LJ deserve credit here IMO. 

As I said, probably due to my mood tonight.

I'm sure I read (or listened) to either Mark Ashton or LJ say that they were close to releasing Taylor when he had 12 months left on his contract, but Moore said he'd rather halve his deal and split it over 24 months (rather than 12) to prove his worth.

Dare say he was correctly remunerated when he signed a new deal, but what a gesture of confidence in your own ability. Rather than going on a free and probably dropping down a division to get a new contract elsewhere, he knew he was Championship ready and took a rather unheard of initiative.

It was hardly mentioned on here at the time (which surprised me) but if that is the caliber of the lad, then he not only deserves the right to carry the armband, but a lot more support than he gets from all quarters.

(I'll go and try the link to the story now!)

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm sure I read (or listened) to either Mark Ashton or LJ say that they were close to releasing Taylor when he had 12 months left on his contract, but Moore said he'd rather halve his deal and split it over 24 months (rather than 12) to prove his worth.

Dare say he was correctly remunerated when he signed a new deal, but what a gesture of confidence in your own ability. Rather than going on a free and probably dropping down a division to get a new contract elsewhere, he knew he was Championship ready and took a rather unheard of initiative.

It was hardly mentioned on here at the time (which surprised me) but if that is the caliber of the lad, then he not only deserves the right to carry the armband, but a lot more support than he gets from all quarters.

(I'll go and try the link to the story now!)

That was my understanding as well. He will benefit big time in the long term for such a sacrifice.

Here it is! Quoted from Taylor.

He took a 50% pay cut (effectively) so he could prove himself over another 12 months. Which, given he could have suffered a career ending injury over that period of time shows you what a 'proper' player he is.

Chances are, he could have got a 3 year deal in League One and a bit of financial security, but he wanted to continue his education with a ball at BS3.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2019/sep/25/bristol-city-taylor-moore-mbappe-coman-england-france-liverpool

2 hours ago, spudski said:

....what a bloke he is.

Top lad imo.

From LJ today...quote..

I am not going to sugar coat this. Anyone who believes the youth of today are a “snowflake generation” has not met the youth of today and drastically need to actually talk to some young people and connect to the real world. But, nonetheless, Taylor Moore is clearly a fantastically impressive character.

Archived