IGNORED

Rowe in midfield? Some thoughts.

Mr Popodopolous

I think it's a decent idea, but the fact we're looking at a "magic bullet" solution to the issues is just showing there's a much larger problem.

We've been saying the same thing once each player returns from injury, once we try x formation, once we've got these couple of games out the way etc. that things will be different - and it's not really working so far. I feel the problems run deeper than just happening upon a winning formula by moving a single player, or a slight change to formation. The fact we can't string 3 passes together and don't seem to know how to go forwards with the ball are unlikely to change I think, unfortunately.

I know your post is much more considered than that so I'm not having a go, it's just a bit of a trend on here at the moment I've noticed!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hasn't Bakinson been sent on loan to Plymouth? Either way would be a brave to call to send him in with so little football and at this level especially. 

I question our development strategy at times in general. I believe that Eisa should've been loaned to say Charlton last January as was mooted.

That can help to protect an investment or possibly even show what he can do consistently and maybe even give fresh grounds for consideration here. 

I believe Adelakun should've been loaned to a high end League One club last January or even back to Scunthorpe if there were worries about him flourishing elsewhere pushing up how much we paid in tribunal- loan back to Scunthorpe could've solved that issue. I certainly think that he should've been loaned THIS season. Unless he had injuries or something? 

Semenyo, I really am unsure how much it helped recalling him from Newport. Let him develop in a consistent environment, especially with the lack of gametime he understandably had here. 

Now Bakinson...wasted half a season here possibly.

Yes, went to Plymouth yesterday, I probably could have worded that better.

Agree with you completely. We were lucky to get money back for Eisa , as soon as it's clear someone isn't going to get game time for the first team, we should send them on loan. Specially for players like Adelukin and Semenyo who had been playing League football, it's a waste for them to be playing U23 football or taking up a seat on the bench with little or no hope of getting minutes.

Archived