IGNORED

Bristol City V Barnsley

City oz

I will probably get hammered on here by some but some may support this option. 18th of January city at home to Barnsley on a Saturday at 3.00pm.

The negativity on OTIB and from most City supporters either locally, country wide or over sees are disappointed in how this season is panning out. Most point the blame to lee and some even the players.

the last two months performances for whatever reason are quite honestly below expectations for the supporters and the players. 

Every football follower i talk to in OZ always say to me “which team do you go for” most expect my response to be Liverpool or Man U etc. last year 2019 I proudly said BRISTOL CITY, most turn around and say yes I have heard of them and they say Prem football next season. However since the end of November 2019 I only whisper BRISTOL CITY when asked.

on the 18th of this month if 10,000.00 out of the usual 20,000.00  supporters only attend at an average of 20 quid a ticket (I’m aware there are season ticket holders that have already paid) refuse to attend that is a negative of around 200K. If more decide not to attend on the day and say only 5,000 turn up the loss could be be the turning point on why SL needs to bring in a new manager.

SL is an astute business person and although there is no doubt in his passion for the club but loosing money may wake him up to the continual negativity from the majority of supporters. It may even trigger a public announcement from him on his aspirations going forward.

I always wear my “cider army” tee shirt at home when City are playing for good luck. Probably have to let the dog have it now in his dog bed.

1 hour ago, City oz said:

I will probably get hammered on here by some but some may support this option. 18th of January city at home to Barnsley on a Saturday at 3.00pm.

The negativity on OTIB and from most City supporters either locally, country wide or over sees are disappointed in how this season is panning out. Most point the blame to lee and some even the players.

the last two months performances for whatever reason are quite honestly below expectations for the supporters and the players. 

Every football follower i talk to in OZ always say to me “which team do you go for” most expect my response to be Liverpool or Man U etc. last year 2019 I proudly said BRISTOL CITY, most turn around and say yes I have heard of them and they say Prem football next season. However since the end of November 2019 I only whisper BRISTOL CITY when asked.

on the 18th of this month if 10,000.00 out of the usual 20,000.00  supporters only attend at an average of 20 quid a ticket (I’m aware there are season ticket holders that have already paid) refuse to attend that is a negative of around 200K. If more decide not to attend on the day and say only 5,000 turn up the loss could be be the turning point on why SL needs to bring in a new manager.

SL is an astute business person and although there is no doubt in his passion for the club but loosing money may wake him up to the continual negativity from the majority of supporters. It may even trigger a public announcement from him on his aspirations going forward.

I always wear my “cider army” tee shirt at home when City are playing for good luck. Probably have to let the dog have it now in his dog bed.

Does .5 of a supporter mean they stay until half time, or have you just added in the decimal option for Dolman fans like me who leave early? ?

17 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Don’t care, I’m going because the team need our support

Same here, always have and always will but the silence is deafening at times during recent games and I only commented yesterday that even walking along the roads after the game it's too quiet.

Yes it is very difficult to get enthusiastic about what we saw yesterday but any kind of boycotting has no value with me.  The team is not motivating us and the silence is not motivating them.

There are two chants which IMO can always get things going, the Han Noah one and We Got Taylor Moore and it encourages two young players.  If these were run regularly against Barnsley it would do more than any boycotting.

39 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does .5 of a supporter mean they stay until half time, or have you just added in the decimal option for Dolman fans like me who leave early? ?

Bristol bob, you got the jest of what I was saying . I nearly got dollars mixed up with pounds.

18 minutes ago, Chappers said:

I’ll be at Wigan, home to Barnsley, Reading maybe, QPR. Take the rough with the smooth, the bad times make you appreciate the good times even more.

Chappers  I could be incorrect but you maybe one of those who was to young for the division 1 days in the lates 70,s most of you that have responded have pushed through negative comments in regards to LJ. 

I suggest those of you stand up and state something that could get rid of LJ then because I bloody well cant think of anything else.

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

Chappers  I could be incorrect but you maybe one of those who was to young for the division 1 days in the lates 70,s most of you that have responded have pushed through negative comments in regards to LJ. 

I suggest those of you stand up and state something that could get rid of LJ then because I bloody well cant think of anything else.

The majority of fans don't want LJ gone. The ones who do, generally don't attend games. And they are generally the most vocal on forums and social media.

Anyone who attends regularly and follows the intricacies of what's happening at our club, and others in the division, are able to see it for what it is.

We are a mid table team...anything more is a bonus. We've over achieved past couple seasons imo.

This overachievement has set expectations way too high imo.

5 minutes ago, City oz said:

First game was October 78, home to Forest, so I saw some of the Glory days and was a regular Home and Away during the Gory Days, thanks to Young Persons Railcards being introduced. I’m quite neutral to LJ, overall he’s done an excellent job, this season has not been great, but initial expectations were way to high. Change can work, but sometimes continuity delivers better long-term results.

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

The majority of fans don't want LJ gone. The ones who do, generally don't attend games. And they are generally the most vocal on forums and social media.

Anyone who attends regularly and follows the intricacies of what's happening at our club, and others in the division, are able to see it for what it is.

We are a mid table team...anything more is a bonus. We've over achieved past couple seasons imo.

Plus Steve Lansdown saying he wants top six this season 

A boycott is a ludicrous suggestion and a wild overreaction.

There are still many like me who have followed the club since the early sixties and have seen it all, from City in the top tier,  beating Arsenal, Man Utd & Liverpool, to almost going out of existence in the early eighties, being literally bottom of the fourth tier, and then slowly clawing our way back, to our present situation as an established Championship side with an impressive redeveloped stadium and gates regularly in excess of 20K.

Seen in that context of over half a century, a run of poor results extending over about half a dozen matches is minor stuff. I’m as disappointed as the next bloke, but the OP and quite a few other people need to get a sense of perspective. That or find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon that actually makes you happy, because history clearly demonstrates that if you commit to supporting a football club long term, you will need patience, a capacity for loyalty, ability to tolerate frustration and a life away from the game that allows you to see it for what it is.

Clearly, some people lack all four of those qualities, which is why OTIB at times like this can become a virtual cesspit of negativity. It’s pathetic and tiresome.

3 hours ago, City oz said:

Whisper? Bollocks to a few random Australians.

I have always been proud to say I support Bristol City, even in the 4th division

If City really are your team wear your City shirt in Australia with pride and tell any random PL lovers plainly Bristol City is your team however we're doing.

43 minutes ago, spudski said:

People who do generally don't attend games? What do you base that on. I'd imagine people who do go regularly are the ones that want him gone as they see the turgid football for themselves.

Why the hell are we a mid-table team? Based on what? What are Brentford? Swansea? Maybe this small mindedness is one of the reasons this club underachieves. 

This league is bang average this year, most teams are similar. We have our most talented squad in how long? And our coach in draining the confidence from them. 

You make it sound you're not to worried how things are going? How can you not be? 

I do agree that some people can overreact. We've been in plenty worse situations. I just think people are frustrated because I/they genuinely feel we are not to far away.

27 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

People who do generally don't attend games? What do you base that on. I'd imagine people who do go regularly are the ones that want him gone as they see the turgid football for themselves.

Why the hell are we a mid-table team? Based on what? What are Brentford? Swansea? Maybe this small mindedness is one of the reasons this club underachieves. 

This league is bang average this year, most teams are similar. We have our most talented squad in how long? And our coach in draining the confidence from them. 

You make it sound you're not to worried how things are going? How can you not be? 

I do agree that some people can overreact. We've been in plenty worse situations. I just think people are frustrated because I/they genuinely feel we are not to far away.

How many more times, we DO NOT have our most talented squad ever

1 hour ago, spudski said:

So why did sl say he wants top 6 and promotion is the aim , the club itself are making expectations to high according to you.

18 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

So why did sl say he wants top 6 and promotion is the aim , the club itself are making expectations to high according to you.

That's what everyone in the league wants as well. He's putting in place things to help us get there.

Expectations and disappointment go hand in hand... because there are 20 odd others clubs trying to do the same thing and trying to stop you.

He's never going to come out and say we are looking to keep progressing and just establishing ourselves. That doesn't bring support or income in.

It's just about being realistic with what you have in front of you and trying to improve when you can and work around the set backs.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's what everyone in the league wants as well. He's putting in place things to help us get there.

Expectations and disappointment go hand in hand... because there are 20 odd others clubs trying to do the same thing and trying to stop you.

He's never going to come out and say we are looking to keep progressing and just establishing ourselves. That doesn't bring support or income in.

It's just about being realistic with what you have in front of you and trying to improve when you can and work around the set backs.

Get off this forum now, your post has honesty, logic and reality! Whatever next?

What utter bollocks! You’re City till you die, not from when it gets better. Yes, we’re on a bad run, yes LJ is a figure who divides our fan base, but this isn’t by a long way the worse we’ve been through.

A boycott is an extreme measure, one that I’d only consider if we had a problem with our owner, which we don’t. It’s time for some people to stop being so dramatic.

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

But the objective was improvement, and both SL and LJ said that didn’t mean 8th to 7th!  The objective was play-offs.

7 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Get off this forum now, your post has honesty, logic and reality! Whatever next?

The reality might be we don’t make playoffs.  What SL then needs to decide is whether that was under-performance and what scale of under-performance.  Other factors will determine that too.

Archived