IGNORED

head of football.

Hampshire reds

Would you rather him come out and tell you that there is no unrest in the squad, just normal things that happen in football, or would you rather him spend January trying to find the best possible players to sign in this window? 

7 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

where is our head of football. we hear from him when things are going great. i would like to hear his view on the current position. the transfer window and also the rumours of un rest in the changing room. also lee Johnson's behaviour. i red and one yellow card in the last couple of weeks. 

Sharpening his knives in case he needs to stab Johnson in the back. 

3 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Could he not do both?

He could but being as this is one of the busiest parts of the year I'd rather he focused on our transfers. 

The only issue right now is LJ and his shit tactics and handling of poor form, unless someone comes out to let us know he's gone then the only news I want is that we're making the right transfer moves and they're happening now, not at the end of the window. 

14 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

where is our head of football. we hear from him when things are going great. i would like to hear his view on the current position. the transfer window and also the rumours of un rest in the changing room. also lee Johnson's behaviour. i red and one yellow card in the last couple of weeks. 

Why? Whatever he said would be the wrong thing.

23 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Like LJ only has a visable presence when we win......as soon as we lose LJ is straight down the tunnel.....why would Ashton be any different....?

35 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Like LJ only has a visable presence when we win......as soon as we lose LJ is straight down the tunnel.....why would Ashton be any different....?

Nonsense.  I'm not sticking up for LJ, but after the Brentford game he was over to the Dolman/ singing section applauding the fans.

58 minutes ago, Harry said:

Would you rather him come out and tell you that there is no unrest in the squad, just normal things that happen in football, or would you rather him spend January trying to find the best possible players to sign in this window? 

Harry, from what you’ve said, perhaps he might be best not involved a “player identification”...that should be left to a “football man”.  He doesn’t appear to be very good at it!!!

By all means get Ashton to do the brokering of the deal - that’s “football administration”, which he’s very skilled in.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

he's in the same place you go when we're winning.

I'm no Johnson or Ashton fan, but there are plenty of things to criticise them for without things they maybe shouldn't.
Johnson is always on TV/Radio after a game, and most times will acknowledge the crowd . The Red card was rescinded and TBF if he sat quietly down we would all question the passion . 
While some managers are slightly more forthright , when he slams a player you will hear "thrown a player under the bus'  and if he doesn't he's slagged off for talking in platitudes , he can't really win. Only so many things a manager can say really .
Ashton does seem to milk it when we do well, but we all like praise and avoid criticism , I'd be happy if he just stayed clear of the spotlight and do what he does best. One thing I will say, maybe the Media department has a say in these interviews, just to mix it up a little

1 hour ago, Homer Simpson said:

Could he not do both?

Why? All he’ll say is that there is no truth in the rumours of player discontent and all those fans who are looking for a story will say he’s wrong. 
What’s the point? 

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

The red for Johnson was rescinded according to the Post and Jamie Mac - but he does needs to tone it down,

I've not heard any rumours of unrest in the dressing room other than players themselves saying they've been honest and frank with each other over performances. The only other thing I've heard was the story from MacGregor about Palmer (which is most probably a non-story).

As for Ashton, he recently gave an interview (around Christmas) and he'll probably do the same during or at the end of the transfer window.

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Ermmm.........LJ is the ‘head of football’............You must be  referring to our CEO.

What would you expect MA to say? He’s a corporate man. He’s not going to risk his position by revealing what his true opinions are.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ermmm.........LJ is the ‘head of football’............You must be  referring to our CEO.

What would you expect MA to say? He’s a corporate man. He’s not going to risk his position by revealing what his true opinions are.

Think he wanted lj gone the last time we started to fall apart.

3 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Think he wanted lj gone the last time we started to fall apart.

3 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

He did........and SL refused.

As has been posted on here before - no major decisions are made at AG without SLs approval.

If there's no unrest, then why did the ORIGINAL article by Gregor name his sources? By department at least! 

He listed as I recall, 'Players, Senior Coaching Staff, entourage, Senior Admin Staff and others'. 

That's remarkable that he'd open up his sources in an article like that!

50 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Head of football ?

You'd be surprised then- sounds daft but I'm sure I saw one article referencing a club which referred to the 'football department'. Sad times and I don't mean that flippantly...what is a football club if football isn't the centre. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If there's no unrest, then why did the ORIGINAL article by Gregor name his sources? By department at least! 

He listed as I recall, 'Players, Senior Coaching Staff, entourage, Senior Admin Staff and others'. 

You'd be surprised then- sounds daft but I'm sure I saw one article referencing a club which referred to the 'football department'. Sad times and I don't mean that flippantly...what is a football club if football isn't the centre. 

Our badge reads BRISTOL CITY, not BRISTOL CITY F.C.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good journalists don't name their sources. Even mentioning their role could create problems for them.

Mind you, he does seem to be claiming just about every member of staff as his source other than the Groundsman so I suppose everybody is under suspicion!

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Good journalists don't name their sources. Even mentioning their role could create problems for them.

Mind you, he does seem to be claiming just about every member of staff as his source other than the Groundsman so I suppose everybody is under suspicion!

Spot on. 

Good journos may refer to 'Reliable Sources' or 'Insiders'  or similar but that..looking back I wonder what he was doing! 

Was amended in due course to 'a variety of reliable sources' but the original, what can be said! Pretty unorthodox...

41 minutes ago, shelts said:

Ashton will outlast LJ  

Unless he is head hunted he will likely outlast any head coach. As long as he is delivering on SL's primary objective, which is to improve the club's financial position, he is in no danger of the sack.

Archived