IGNORED

Shrewsbury Town FA Cup Replay

MelksRed

35 minutes ago, weepywall said:

How many do you think will make the trip ? I quite fancy it as I havent been to their new ground, I suppose it depends on the draw for the 4th round, hopefully we get through and play Coventry !

Lovely little new-build.  I’m sure it won’t gave the atmosphere of the old ground, but I thought it was perfect for a team like Shrewsbury.

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Lovely little new-build.  I’m sure it won’t gave the atmosphere of the old ground, but I thought it was perfect for a team like Shrewsbury.

I wouldn't call it lovely, it is the blandest of identikit modern lower league grounds on the outskirts of town -probably the sort of thing we will end up with if we ever got a new place)-with only one pub nearby,

I'm staying in town, so will have a few beers there before my first time watching Shrewsbury as a home supporter :)

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I wouldn't call it lovely, it is the blandest of identikit modern lower league grounds on the outskirts of town -probably the sort of thing we will end up with if we ever got a new place)-with only one pub nearby,

I'm staying in town, so will have a few beers there before watching my first time watching Shrewsbury as a home supporter :)

Don’t forget your phone to check the City score ?

I cant imagine the Police will want us and the Gas travelling up the same motorway or on the same trains for much of the route on the same day. I'm guessing us on Tues and them on Weds. At least Brum don't need a replay.

16 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm staying in town, so will have a few beers there before my first time watching Shrewsbury as a home supporter :)

I liked it.

Not taking the pi$$, but I reckon a stadium like that would be perfect for you. 

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

How many do you think will make the trip ? I quite fancy it as I havent been to their new ground, I suppose it depends on the draw for the 4th round, hopefully we get through and play Coventry !

I heading up! So we'll have at least one away fan ??

We were going anyway . Not the furthest and my son is keen to get in as many away grounds as possible . Having done Barnsley on a Friday anything seems closer and so much easier!   - plus we couldn’t do Wigan due to other commitments . 
not going to do the m6 route - will head off before that and come  off @ Worcester Instead . 
it’s now got a bit more interest admittedly . 
be surprised if it wasn’t an away sell out to be honest . 

2 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

We were going anyway . Not the furthest and my son is keen to get in as many away grounds as possible . Having done Barnsley on a Friday anything seems closer and so much easier!   - plus we couldn’t do Wigan due to other commitments . 
not going to do the m6 route - will head off before that and come  off @ Worcester Instead . 
it’s now got a bit more interest admittedly . 
be surprised if it wasn’t an away sell out to be honest . 

Worcester route is more scenic, just don't get stuck behind a tractor. 

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'd definitely go that way, that's the route we usually use going back and forth to Bristol from Cheshire. M5/M6/M54 will be crap at rush hour.

Just like to clarify it's not so scenic in winter owing to the darkness

Archived