IGNORED

Shrewsbury Town FA Cup Replay

MelksRed

Rather the revisiting the home game thread for the game against Shrewsbury where I (and a number of others) voiced the cost £15/£18 for the Dolman and Lansdown as being a strong spend and the primary reason for non attendance.

United are charging up to £55 for Wolves fans visiting OT in the cup.

The reason for mentioning this, is that I was labouring under the belief that prices were agreed between the clubs for FA Cup games, but reading that suggests this rule was scrapped in 2017. So it was City who set the price.

On 05/01/2020 at 19:32, Miah Dennehy said:

I wouldn't call it lovely, it is the blandest of identikit modern lower league grounds on the outskirts of town -probably the sort of thing we can only dream of ending up with if we ever got a new place)-with only one pub nearby, Which should be adequate with the attendances we get. 

I'm camping in town, so it will be like home from home on a matchday. I’ll steal the dregs of a few peoples beers there before my first time watching as a supporter of a team in a competitive fixture against Bristol City in god knows how long  :)

Corrected a few spelling mistakes for you ??

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Rather the revisiting the home game thread for the game against Shrewsbury where I (and a number of others) voiced the cost £15/£18 for the Dolman and Lansdown as being a strong spend and the primary reason for non attendance.

United are charging up to £55 for Wolves fans visiting OT in the cup.

The reason for mentioning this, is that I was labouring under the belief that prices were agreed between the clubs for FA Cup games, but reading that suggests this rule was scrapped in 2017. So it was City who set the price.

I hadn’t realised about the home side setting the ticket prices so did a spot of research . 

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2019-20/fa-cup/the-fa-cup-rules-2019-20.ashx

Rule 20 confirms what you say Rob , about this . I’d also assumed it was a joint decision for ticket prices but clearly not ... 

• Admin

Interesting Shrewsbury reinstalled O'Leary back in goal today against Lincoln rather than keep Murphy between the sticks.

Hopefully the chopping and changing in goal will work against their defence. 

Was one way traffic today, Lincoln would have put 4/5 past Shrewsbury if it wasn't for O'Learys man of the match display 

57 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting Shrewsbury reinstalled O'Leary back in goal today against Lincoln rather than keep Murphy between the sticks.

Hopefully the chopping and changing in goal will work against their defence. 

Was one way traffic today, Lincoln would have put 4/5 past Shrewsbury if it wasn't for O'Learys man of the match display 

I guess we may do the same with Maenpaa though?

1 hour ago, Scrumpylegs said:

Just seen the weather forecast for Tuesday and it looks horrific! Torrential rain and 40 mph plus winds forecast. This will come on top of a large dump of rain from Monday. Don't know what the Shrewsbury pitch is like but a postponement could be a blessing? ?

Hope so, anything so the possible home game v Liverpool gets re-arranged.

Archived