IGNORED

FA cup scenario

Desso

3 minutes ago, Desso said:

If us and Rovers get into the next round, I hope we don't draw them. On our current form, they could easily beat us and we'd never hear the end of it.

Don't think it will be an issue, don't think we will get through to be honest.

16 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

At least one of our players has scored against them this weekend.

Just imagine how good Walsh could be if he was coached here again.

Being coached here would kill Walsh’s career. Massengo, Nagy and Palmer have got worse since they’ve had the benefit of City’s coaching team 

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

It would be a great money making idea to ask the FA if the replays could be altered a bit and Coventry play Shrewsbury and City play Rovers. It makes sense commercially. 

that's not fair on shrewsbury's chance of progressing.

7 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Being coached here would kill Walsh’s career. Massengo, Nagy and Palmer have got worse since they’ve had the benefit of City’s coaching team 

So an 18 year old kid who has clearly struggled with the physical demands of the Championship, a Hungarian who has not played a lot of football in the past 3 years has similarly struggled to adjust, and a player whose loan spell previously highlighted inconsistency... All due to Johnson’s coaching? Nothing to do with other factors, or maybe also the fact that oppositions have done their homework on them? 
Tough challenge for all 3, fresh start in one case, the other 2 are new club in a new Country. Might actually take time for them to settle and adapt to the pace and physicality of the League. 

13 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Your reasoning is baffling but also somewhat predictable of people who have it in for LJ.

Could it not be that the coaching Walsh recieved whilst here, has helped him improve??

But no, of course it cant be that, it has to be that Coventrys coaching staff are better than ours.

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Your reasoning is baffling but also somewhat predictable of people who have it in for LJ.

Could it not be that the coaching Walsh recieved whilst here, has helped him improve??

But no, of course it cant be that, it has to be that Coventrys coaching staff are better than ours.

From my recollection Walsh didn’t improve whilst at City. Being generous he stagnated. I obviously don’t watch City’s coaching, but City has a talented group of defenders and midfield players yet the number of goals the team concedes  is awful - 40 in 26 games. Defending is not just the responsibility of the back 4 / 5 as the midfield players must play a part. In most matches City’s midfield is far too open allowing the opposition to take control. Far too many teams are better organised than City - eg Shrewsbury 

As for having it in for LJ, I base my views on what I can see with my own eyes, nothing else. 

16 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Massengo and Nagy are both new to the English football  and are both lightweight. No doubt the City coaches are very aware  of that and are gradually introducing them to the high tempo hurly burly of the Championship - in a while they’ll have become accustomed to pace and power of the Championship.

Btw - how does an 18year old with huge amounts of natural talent and an international like Nagy become ‘worse’?  :dunno:

As for Palmer - he’s another with masses of talent who LJ and his coaches want to get the best out of and adapt fully into the way LJ wants City to play. In all honesty KP has not yet lived up to his potential although he did have a good game against the Shrews last Saturday.

Archived