IGNORED

Monday....decision day!?

Top Robin

Just wondering if tomorrow could be the decision day regarding Lee's future.

Its the first proper 'working' day since the christmas and new year break and following Saturdays debarcle. Someone in an earlier thread suggested that there is usually a 'board' meeting on Monday mornings and if there wasnt one planned, I would suspect there is now.

Wonder if its curtains for Lee or will he be given extra time. 

After Luton I would have put it 70/30% in Lee's favour but now after Brentford and Shrewsbury and the other recent poor results I recon its 50/50.

Sadly lee isn’t going anywhere, Steve’s family friend , has years to run on his contract, despite claiming we want premier league football , since Johnson’s been here we haven’t as much had a play off campaign, so what makes people think we can get in the play offs this year ? Or achieve premier league football . 
he’s signed 60 odd players , chops and changes formation from week to week , no wonder the players are confused ! 
they’re the lucky ones , some others get frozen out ,or sent on loan .

hes been here 4 years and playing wise we’ve regressed , no identity unlike Brentford for example.  
I’m all for stability, this has gone stale 

Steve should be showing leadership , not allowing lee to drift along from year to time year ending up In roughly the same league position each year , although one place higher or one goal more is wildly celebrated by some. 

1 minute ago, Med/MadHatter said:

No chance he will be gone tomorrow, SL stated top 6 is the target earlier this season, and until that is out if reach i believe LJ will still be in place.Even if that happens i still think he will be here until at least the end of the season

Completely agree, regardless of what anyone thinks here LJ will be in post until at least the end of this season. If we finish in or near the play offs I can't see him going then either. Finish mid table or lower then maybe SL will act but even then I'm not convinced. I certainly can't see any change this season though.

12 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He wasn’t sacked after losing 5-0 away at Preston a few years back when we looked set for relegation. Absolutely no chance of him being sacked and no way is it 50:50 ?.

As that was in the middle of a 9 game run where we won 6 and drawn 1, it would have been ******* incredible if he was sacked.

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

You’re mate Garry’s football was far better than wots been served up the last 2 seasons at home especially and he actually achieved a play off final appearance.

And that’s the difference - the Championship was different back then and somehow GJ managed to get results despite serving up drab and dreary football. The final goals for that season was +1 with turbo Jevons as top scorer with a massive 7 goals...............:rofl2br:

It all boils down, as always to results and LJ hasn’t been getting good results over the last few games so his critics moan about the dismal football...........you really couldn’t make it up, you really couldn’t............:cool2:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And that’s the difference - the Championship was different back then and somehow GJ managed to get results despite serving up drab and dreary football. The final goals for that season was +1 with turbo Jevons as top scorer with a massive 7 goals...............:rofl2br:

Darren Byfield with 8 actually. Good try though.

Going to games that season was fun. Going to games in the last two years has been an absolute chore. The football is the worst thing about going to football.

Archived