IGNORED

Monday....decision day!?

Top Robin

4 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Hypocrit!!!! So what were YOU like with his old man???

Bloody words fail me!!

Because the football served up by his old man was as bad, if not worse than what LJ is serving up. Plus GJ was full of bluff and hot air in interviews. He never said anything of substance unlike his son who is far more open and honest than his old man ever was.

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

There has to be a point when The Lansdowns must consider season ticket sales for next season. Surely. 

Or am I just clutching at straws?

Yes but they also have to factor in the number of current season ticket holders not renewing if they take advice from here and appoint an "experienced" manager like McCarthy or even worse Neil bloody Warnock!

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Darren Byfield with 8 actually. Good try though.

Going to games that season was fun. Going to games in the last two years has been an absolute chore. The football is the worst thing about going to football.

Who?   :dunno:

Despite the results I never once left AG with that ‘buzz’ after witnessing an impressive City display. I’d leave thinking ‘how the hell did we win that?’........

The only game that I remember fondly from that era was the pray off semi against Palace.

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

There has to be a point when The Lansdowns must consider season ticket sales for next season. Surely. 

Or am I just clutching at straws?

Someone else said the same thing to me recently, whilst I agree I would argue that every year we seem to have a load saying they won’t renew but somehow we end up with the same amount of ST holders, if not more. 

I havent heard great rejoicing about the numbers of half ST this season yet, so I guess there wasn’t much uptake which could make SL think, but I reckon he will just put that down to no Carabao Cup run.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

There’s currently 14 threads on the first page of the forum which are discussing LJ’s position. 
Was it necessary to start another one? 

Another way of looking at it is, people like them, let's make some more...

45 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Sadly lee isn’t going anywhere, Steve’s family friend , has years to run on his contract, despite claiming we want premier league football , since Johnson’s been here we haven’t as much had a play off campaign, so what makes people think we can get in the play offs this year ? Or achieve premier league football . 
he’s signed 60 odd players , chops and changes formation from week to week , no wonder the players are confused ! 
they’re the lucky ones , some others get frozen out ,or sent on loan .

hes been here 4 years and playing wise we’ve regressed , no identity unlike Brentford for example.  
I’m all for stability, this has gone stale 

Steve should be showing leadership , not allowing lee to drift along from year to time year ending up In roughly the same league position each year , although one place higher or one goal more is wildly celebrated by some. 

Not saying you are incorrect for a minute, but I’ve seen LJ referred to as ‘Lansdown’s family friend’ on here a zillion times - I may have been on Mars , but has there actually been any proof of a close relationship with the Lansdowns away from football? Apologies if I’ve missed anything, Merlot and Malbec can do that! ?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because the football served up by his old man was as bad, if not worse than what LJ is serving up. Plus GJ was full of bluff and hot air in interviews. He never said anything of substance unlike his son who is far more open and honest than his old man ever was.

"Full of hot air in interviews" is this from personal experience? 

You were shamed by GJ and went about hammering him using the keyboard when you had the opportunity face to face and BOTTLED it.

I can imagine you in the classic film.."me? Oh no, not me, I'm not Spartacus" ??

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Someone else said the same thing to me recently, whilst I agree I would argue that every year we seem to have a load saying they won’t renew but somehow we end up with the same amount of ST holders, if not more. 

I havent heard great rejoicing about the numbers of half ST this season yet, so I guess there wasn’t much uptake which could make SL think, but I reckon he will just put that down to no Carabao Cup run.

Would be good to know a breakdown of which STs have been bought, e.g. x free child, y paying kids, z adults etc.

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

"Full of hot air in interviews" is this from personal experience? 

Not personal experience at all - just his pre and post match interviews. The guy never ever said anything of substance - hot air and bluff in other words.

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And that’s the difference - the Championship was different back then and somehow GJ managed to get results despite serving up drab and dreary football. The final goals for that season was +1 with turbo Jevons as top scorer with a massive 7 goals...............:rofl2br:

It all boils down, as always to results and LJ hasn’t been getting good results over the last few games so his critics moan about the dismal football...........you really couldn’t make it up, you really couldn’t............:cool2:

Jevons scored zero league goals in that play off final season - we sent him out on loan to Huddersfield in that season and he then joined The Terriers permanently in January 2008 - do you just make things up?

14 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Darren Byfield with 8 actually. Good try though.

Going to games that season was fun. Going to games in the last two years has been an absolute chore. The football is the worst thing about going to football.

Rose tinted glasses I’m afraid. The play off season was very like the beginning of this season - grinding out narrow wins against the odds. It was accepted - and acclaimed - because it was a good achievement after being promoted.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Jevons scored zero league goals in that play off final season - we sent him out on loan to Huddersfield in that season and he then joined The Terriers permanently in January 2008 - do you just make things up?

Not at all.......it’s just that my memory plays tricks at my age, particularly when City  scored so few  goals that season. I’m surprised you can remember but then you probably looked it up.................:cool2:

That season was the first one after i emigrated to Canada, i was working in northern Alberta and used to have to call the wife to find out the football results, and was always stunned when the results fell for us when we were top of the league with an around 0 goal difference, sadly it all fell away, although the play offs were unbelievable!

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Winnings always fun. At the end.

Well City have won plenty of games in the last eighteen months which I haven’t enjoyed in the slightest other than the result so I would dispute that.

No point continuing this though really, I fully understand why some may not have enjoyed the games in that playoff season, personally I did though.

6 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Well City have won plenty of games in the last eighteen months which I haven’t enjoyed in the slightest other than the result so I would dispute that.

No point continuing this though really, I fully understand why some may not have enjoyed the games in that playoff season, personally I did though.

That’s why I said “at the end”. Because a game can be mediocre and stressful, but gaining three points is always a pleasure at the final whistle,  regardless of how it happened.

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And that’s the difference - the Championship was different back then and somehow GJ managed to get results despite serving up drab and dreary football. The final goals for that season was +1 with turbo Jevons as top scorer with a massive 7 goals...............:rofl2br:

It all boils down, as always to results and LJ hasn’t been getting good results over the last few games so his critics moan about the dismal football...........you really couldn’t make it up, you really couldn’t............:cool2:

The football under gj wasn’t anywhere near as drab as your trying to make out

Just now, Leveller said:

That’s why I said “at the end”. Because a game can be mediocre and stressful, but gaining three points is always a pleasure at the final whistle,  regardless of how it happened.

I’m not sure why this is still going.

I enjoyed watching those game at the time. They’ve won games in the last eighteen months that I haven’t enjoyed watching. I looked forward to games that season, I’ve barely looked forward to games in the last eighteen months even when the form table has been positive.

Proving that I didn’t just enjoy the games that season purely because City we’re winning.

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not personal experience at all - just his pre and post match interviews. The guy never ever said anything of substance - hot air and bluff in other words.

@Robbored Hang on me old fruit.

Didn't GJ invite you into his office for a little chat?

If so did you have the minerals to attend?  

Archived