IGNORED

Monday....decision day!?

Top Robin

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

LJ critics will continue to call for his head regardless. They’re like dogs with a bone.................:disapointed2se:

Of course, none of them have a legitimate argument. They're all sh** stirrers, eager to remove LJ because it's LJ ?

Have I got that right? 

20 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I’m not sure why this is still going.

I enjoyed watching those game at the time. They’ve won games in the last eighteen months that I haven’t enjoyed watching. I looked forward to games that season, I’ve barely looked forward to games in the last eighteen months even when the form table has been positive.

Proving that I didn’t just enjoy the games that season purely because City we’re winning.

It’s still going because I keep replying and you keep replying to my replies! It’s a discussion. That’s what happens on a forum.

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Just wondering if tomorrow could be the decision day regarding Lee's future.

Its the first proper 'working' day since the christmas and new year break and following Saturdays debarcle. Someone in an earlier thread suggested that there is usually a 'board' meeting on Monday mornings and if there wasnt one planned, I would suspect there is now.

Wonder if its curtains for Lee or will he be given extra time. 

After Luton I would have put it 70/30% in Lee's favour but now after Brentford and Shrewsbury and the other recent poor results I recon its 50/50.

If they were going to sack him, why would they wait till the following Monday morning, SC got sacked on the Saturday eve after the game 8.30pm by text, 

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because the football served up by his old man was as bad, if not worse than what LJ is serving up. Plus GJ was full of bluff and hot air in interviews. He never said anything of substance unlike his son who is far more open and honest than his old man ever was.

Very similar traits between father and son. Throwing players under the bus when it goes wrong, taking credit when it goes well. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Of course, none of them have a legitimate argument. They're all sh** stirrers, eager to remove LJ because it's LJ ?

Have I got that right? 

That’s a good shout..................:cool2:

Problem is that unless LJ takes us in to danger of relegation SL will stick by his man so there’s absolutely no point in calling for a change of manager right now.

That said, come April/May if LJ hasn’t been able to achieve a better Championship finish than last season  then SL might act then........:dunno:

Massively surprised where we  are in the table compared to how bad performances have been . Maybe some of the chopping and changing might work  in the Premiership where the Caliber of player is significantly higher than the championship . Maybe lee is ahead of his time at Ashton gate with his drones and dna . 

1 hour ago, Med/MadHatter said:

No chance he will be gone tomorrow, SL stated top 6 is the target earlier this season, and until that is out if reach i believe LJ will still be in place.Even if that happens i still think he will be here until at least the end of the season

I agree with that, with the one caveat that I think he will go earlier if it becomes clear he cannot turn things around. But the absolute earliest I can see that happening is after the QPR game. If we lose the next four and get knocked out the cup I can see a change being made but I certainly don’t think anything will happen tomorrow.

He’s not going anywhere before the end of the season so waste of time and energy thinking otherwise IMHO.

The only possibility he’ll be fired before end of season is if we fall into relegation zone, which is something I don’t think will happen. 
Personally I think he’s taken us as far as he can and I thank him for establishing us as a top half championship team. However, I’m not convinced he’ll take us to the next level and it’s time for the baton to be handed to someone who can.

48 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

If they were going to sack him, why would they wait till the following Monday morning, SC got sacked on the Saturday eve after the game 8.30pm by text, 

The by text thing maybe or may not be true but for the record Cotts was sacked on a Thursday or maybe a Wednesday, anyway it followed a midweek home loss to Preston.

As I recall he had a row with a fan at the end? 

McInnes was sacked on a Saturday evening yes. Others, I can't remember.

2 hours ago, kivsy said:

Sadly lee isn’t going anywhere, Steve’s family friend , has years to run on his contract, despite claiming we want premier league football , since Johnson’s been here we haven’t as much had a play off campaign, so what makes people think we can get in the play offs this year ? Or achieve premier league football . 
he’s signed 60 odd players , chops and changes formation from week to week , no wonder the players are confused ! 
they’re the lucky ones , some others get frozen out ,or sent on loan .

hes been here 4 years and playing wise we’ve regressed , no identity unlike Brentford for example.  
I’m all for stability, this has gone stale 

Steve should be showing leadership , not allowing lee to drift along from year to time year ending up In roughly the same league position each year , although one place higher or one goal more is wildly celebrated by some. 

‘Playing wise we’ve regressed’?  Were you at Fulham?  Did you see the home wins over Huddersfield and Luton.  Do tell me how you see that as a regression from our first season back in the Championship?

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No relevance to this thread so I’m confused why you bothered to post it...........

You started that GJ didn’t ever say a thing pre or post match so I simply asked if he said much when he invited you into his office ? That’s if you even went to the meeting? Touched a nerve have I? 

LJ critics will continue to call for his head regardless. They’re like dogs with a bone.................:disapointed2se:

I have never called for his head. In fact I’ve mocked those with their painted bedsheets many times in the past.

But I’m no fool. As others have said when you compare our progress with that of others we’ve at best stood still. At worst we’ve gone backwards.

We all got wrapped up in drinking energy drinks and beating Man Utd and taking City so bloody close. We got excited by the prospect of Tammy and getting JD, Kalas and the bloke who can shag my wife.

Christ almighty I even forked our £300 for a bloody flag for the boy from Father ******* Christmas.

And yet here we are again. A draw in the FA cup against Shrewsbury. Dire performances for months before that.

Week in week out we have to endure this sort of shit. And then we win away at Fulham and we go again.....

Consistency. That’s all I want. With some passion and effort. And a manager or head coach who can I still that in his chosen 11. 

I’m afraid I don’t see LJ doing that any time soon. He’s accountable for this mess. And SL is ultimately accountable for that.

And as for no more sheep pies.......

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

‘Playing wise we’ve regressed’?  Were you at Fulham?  Did you see the home wins over Huddersfield and Luton.  Do tell me how you see that as a regression from our first season back in the Championship?

We've regressed from two seasons ago and in some ways last season.

Luton at home was alright but their away record is something terrible and they're very leaky defensively and especially on the road. 

Huddersfield was good. Performance was enjoyable too!

Fulham was quite good but a fantastic result. We had to absorb quite a lot of pressure but yeah, all good. 

In all 3, even Luton at home though we didn't have so much possession, Fwiw. When we did have it though, we were good. 

9 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Consistency. That’s all I want. With some passion and effort. And a manager or head coach who can I still that in his chosen 11. 

I’m afraid I don’t see LJ doing that any time soon. He’s accountable for this mess. And SL is ultimately accountable for that.

Everyone even remotely involved in football, managers, players, referees, tv pundits and of course us fans want consistency......it’s a sought after quality and currently only Liverpool have it.

I don’t believe that City are in a mess either - we’re just in a poor run of results. We’ve been here many, many times over many, many seasons and we’ll come thru it.

Obviously LJ wants consistency as much as anyone and its his job to try and achieve it - we can see that by the different players/systems and formations he employs but in recent games but it’s been evasive but I’m confident he’ll get it back.

Patience boys and girls..............:cool2:

That’s a good shout..................:cool2:

Problem is that unless LJ takes us in to danger of relegation SL will stick by his man so there’s absolutely no point in calling for a change of manager right now.

That said, come April/May if LJ hasn’t been able to achieve a better Championship finish than last season  then SL might act then........:dunno:

This is what bothers me. Seems to be that 1 place better is, well, objectively, improvement, disregarding everything else. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

There has to be a point when The Lansdowns must consider season ticket sales for next season. Surely. 

Or am I just clutching at straws?

For some who's quite a sensible poster you are so out of touch with the LJ debate it's unreal. 

LJ out brigade is a minority and would have little if no effect on season ticket sales fordy. 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

For some who's quite a sensible poster you are so out of touch with the LJ debate it's unreal. 

LJ out brigade is a minority and would have little if no effect on season ticket sales fordy. 

I think you’re underestimating the quality (or lack of) of football. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you’re underestimating the quality (or lack of) of football. 

Fordy with all due respect I've been going down the gate since 1989 and understand what quality football is/isn't. Clearly this is the worse spell of football and quality of football we've had under LJ but my belief is your expectations are set way to high. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not at all.......it’s just that my memory plays tricks at my age, particularly when City  scored so few  goals that season. I’m surprised you can remember but then you probably looked it up.................:cool2:

I just know that Jevons didn’t score any championship goals for us at all, ever 

Archived