IGNORED

Monday....decision day!?

Top Robin

1 minute ago, Harry said:

The question is very easy to answer.  
A lot, and I mean a lot, of fans didn’t like LJ as a player and thus he never has been and never will be a popular manager amongst those people. 

Lots of fans are allowing him more time due to the year on year improvement he’s achieved to date, even though there are many questions to be asked and rightfully so (I’ve said myself that there are things he really needs to do better, so I’m no LJ disciple). But he’s earned that time due to his performance to date as the manager. 
On the flip side, those who disliked him (and I will also add the word ‘hated’ in some instances) as a player will call for his head at the earliest opportunity. And those persons are a significant minority. 

I only saw him play once, for 45 mins when he got injured v Watford (0-0 Basso pen save).  Basso, Noble and McIndoe left a positive impression on me that night.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

A lot, and I mean a lot, of fans didn’t like LJ as a player and thus he never has been and never will be a popular manager amongst those people. 

Lots of fans are allowing him more time due to the year on year improvement he’s achieved to date, even though there are many questions to be asked and rightfully so (I’ve said myself that there are things he really needs to do better, so I’m no LJ disciple). But he’s earned that time due to his performance to date as the manager. 
On the flip side, those who disliked him (and I will also add the word ‘hated’ in some instances) as a player will call for his head at the earliest opportunity. And those persons are a significant minority. 

Nail on head.

100% agree with all of that.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

No relevance to this thread so I’m confused why you bothered to post it...........

That’s a pretty confusing reply key to @ziderheadarmy Robbored - @Galley is our king quoted you earlier in the thread when you said “GJ was full of hot air in interviews” and he or she asked if you knew this from “personal experience” - you replied saying you had “no personal experience at all” - so @ziderheadarmy reminded you that you did have “personal experience” of an ‘interview’ with GJ when he’d summoned you to his office and you responded with a ‘confused’ emoji and said his or her reply had “no relevance to this thread” even though you brought up the subject of GJ and interviews .... and you’re confused?! 

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

There has to be a point when The Lansdowns must consider season ticket sales for next season. Surely. 

Or am I just clutching at straws?

Is it not true that season ticket sales have increased even though some on here are convinced that we have been going backwards?

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s a pretty confusing reply key to @ziderheadarmy Robbored - @Galley is our king quoted you earlier in the thread when you said “GJ was full of hot air in interviews” and he or she asked if you knew this from “personal experience” - you replied saying you had “no personal experience at all” - so @ziderheadarmy reminded you that you did have “personal experience” of an ‘interview’ with GJ when he’d summoned you to his office and you responded with a ‘confused’ emoji and said his or her reply had “no relevance to this thread” even though you brought up the subject of GJ and interviews .... and you’re confused?! 

Just for clarification, he did a one to one interview with GJ when he was chairman of the supporters club.

Three times when asked if he was RR he denied it.

Had an opportunity and BOTTLED it, didn't have the courage of his convictions.

Was just the most negative GJ poster along with IG on RB.

Knobs the pair of them!

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Does it really matter in which way SC was sacked?   Point is he was sacked.......

I think it matters - if he really was sacked by text, and this is common knowledge in the football world, then future prospective managerial candidates would form an unfavourable opinion about our club and how they treat employees and they could be dissuaded from joining us - being sacked by text, if it happened, is shabby and lazy ...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think it matters - if he really was sacked by text, and this is common knowledge in the football world, then future prospective managerial candidates would form an unfavourable opinion about our club and how they treat employees and they could be dissuaded from joining us - being sacked by text, if it happened, is shabby and lazy ...

If SC was sacked by text he certainly wasn’t the first to be notified in that fashion. We see/hear of the same happening to other managers.

I agree it’s shabby tho.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So there’s nothing wrong with your memory then? Just when it comes to Phil Jevons ... ??

Who?   

5 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Just for clarification, he did a one to one interview with GJ when he was chairman of the supporters club.

Knobs the pair of them!

So on this thread when @Robboredsaid he had “no personal experience of a GJ interview” he was telling blatant porkie pies?!???

He’ll soon be denying shunting a minibus full of gas up to Wembley too .... his ‘confused emoji’ responses fool no-one and his selective memory when proved wrong is just annoying ... 

40 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So on this thread when @Robboredsaid he had “no personal experience of a GJ interview” he was telling blatant porkie pies?!???

He’ll soon be denying shunting a minibus full of gas up to Wembley too .... his ‘confused emoji’ responses fool no-one and his selective memory when proved wrong is just annoying ... 

think you will find he's a Uber fan.

6 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Just wondering if tomorrow could be the decision day regarding Lee's future.

Its the first proper 'working' day since the christmas and new year break and following Saturdays debarcle. Someone in an earlier thread suggested that there is usually a 'board' meeting on Monday mornings and if there wasnt one planned, I would suspect there is now.

Wonder if its curtains for Lee or will he be given extra time. 

After Luton I would have put it 70/30% in Lee's favour but now after Brentford and Shrewsbury and the other recent poor results I recon its 50/50.

No Chance safe as Houses .

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

@BS4 on Tour... you’ve hit the nail on the head mate. @Robbored talks crap and has been found out yet again...

56 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Knobs the pair of them!

@Galley is our king so why does @Robbored lie? 

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

100 % spot on! 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

That's not entirely correct Harry.

If people thought he was doing a good job, they would warm to him, as so many did with Cotterill, who was hated by many when he came here and left as a hero even if it did go a bit wrong at the end, because his achievements were recognized.

In my opinion Johnson is not a credible manager as he does not give the impression of being a leader that could command respect. 

The "Johnsonisms" thread is a funny example of Johnson using ostensibly clever sounding phrases which are in reality cringeworthy idiocies which mean nothing. I'm sure some players will earnestly lap it up but equally older and/or wiser heads will probably just think it's a bit of a joke.

I maintain that the alleged year on year improvement is in spite of Johnson not because of him. Given the amount of money spent on players and the woeful boring performances of late, I would seriously challenge the suggestion that he's earned any right to continue as manager.

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

All 14 threads very anti Johnson, Harry.

With City just 3 points off the play offs, you have to ask yourself, why would that be.

The answer obviously is Johnson is not a popular manager, never has been, never will be. Winning temporarily papers over that.

In turn, why is that?

I think the majority recognize that City are in the position they are in spite of Johnson, not because of him, were it not for the millions spent we would be in a very different position, and the travesty of a wasted opportunity.

That, and the absolute cliched bollocks that he talks, which fools very few.

Wanted 3 windows, about to emabark on his 9th, has bought 50 odd players, and he's talking about adding to the squad but simultaneously slimming down the squad because its too big. Idiotic.

Bit like Pep at Man City.  Spends £200m on defenders (which if he hadn't spent they'd be in a very different position) and then complains he can't compete with Liverpool..  Take any manager, from any club and you can say the same.  I think you're looking in the wrong direction for blame.

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hi @Redandproud

You mention the text thing. Any chance of an article or something, a press release, statement etc that displays the fact?

It rings a bell but sounds fairly curious for us to go about it like that. 

Further, he was sacked on a Wednesday or Thursday was he not?

Look it up, he was Sacked on the evening after a game on a Saturday @8.30pm, trying to find what game it was and/or home or away, by Dawes 

16 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Look it up, he was Sacked on the evening after a game on a Saturday @8.30pm, trying to find what game it was and/or home or away, by Dawes 

Okay thanks, I'll look it up again...now IF he was sacked before the Tuesday game vs Preston then yeah that makes sense, but it's a bit of a disconnect for me given I clearly remember us losing to Preston, Cotts rowing with a fan when he came off the pitch, some sort of mutual flak, then him being sacked and Pemberton in charge vs Boro...Wes Burns last minute winner?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35229562

The text thing rings a bell, yep.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay thanks, I'll look it up again...now IF he was sacked before the Tuesday game vs Preston then yeah that makes sense, but it's a bit of a disconnect for me given I clearly remember us losing to Preston, Cotts rowing with a fan when he came off the pitch, some sort of mutual flak, then him being sacked and Pemberton in charge vs Boro...Wes Burns last minute winner?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35229562

The text thing rings a bell, yep.

It states he was sacked before the Middlesbrough game, 

29 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The problem with all these threads is people who want LJ sacked because they don't like him rather than judging him on results, a bit like Mick McArthey at Ipswich, the fans got their wish there and look at them now only just above the Gas

LJ Is NOT taking us any further, look at the last 4 seasons, got us into the playoff positions then we drop away, LJ has taken us as far as his experience has, its time for a change, someone with more experience of championship or Premier league, BUT, as stated, I think LANDSDOWN doesn't want to admit he was wrong, and pay wages for a more experienced manager to take us further, we're getting in the same situation as we were when GJ was manager, he lost the dressing room and players are not playing for him, 

Archived