Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Top Robin

Monday....decision day!?

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve just rewatched This Time on bbc iPlayer. I reckon it was better second time around. 

You mean like Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab which actually improves with every read? 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

As that was in the middle of a 9 game run where we won 6 and drawn 1, it would have been ******* incredible if he was sacked.

April 2017.

PNE 5 City 0 Embarrassing shambolic performance, players lacking heart and apparently not playing for the manager, looked very much to be heading for relegation.

Previous 10 games L4 D4 W2

So 2 wins in 11 after PNE debacle, morale amongst players and fans at rock bottom, and club sinking fast.

An almost freak turnaround in form from the next game (Wolves H), winning 4 of the last 6 games meant we stayed up

It wouldn't have been incredible at all if he'd been sacked after the PNE humiliation.

Most thought he should have been, and he surely would have been at any other club.

 

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry said:

There’s currently 14 threads on the first page of the forum which are discussing LJ’s position. 
Was it necessary to start another one? 

All 14 threads very anti Johnson, Harry.

With City just 3 points off the play offs, you have to ask yourself, why would that be.

The answer obviously is Johnson is not a popular manager, never has been, never will be. Winning temporarily papers over that.

In turn, why is that?

I think the majority recognize that City are in the position they are in spite of Johnson, not because of him, were it not for the millions spent we would be in a very different position, and the travesty of a wasted opportunity.

That, and the absolute cliched bollocks that he talks, which fools very few.

Wanted 3 windows, about to emabark on his 9th, has bought 50 odd players, and he's talking about adding to the squad but simultaneously slimming down the squad because its too big. Idiotic.

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mozo said:

You mean like Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab which actually improves with every read? 😁

God that’s good. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

All 14 threads very anti Johnson, Harry.

With City just 3 points off the play offs, you have to ask yourself, why would that be.

The answer obviously is Johnson is not a popular manager, never has been, never will be. Winning temporarily papers over that.

In turn, why is that?

I think the majority recognize that City are in the position they are in spite of Johnson, not because of him, were it not for the millions spent we would be in a very different position, and the travesty of a wasted opportunity.

That, and the absolute cliched bollocks that he talks, which fools very few.

Wanted 3 windows, about to emabark on his 9th, has bought 50 odd players, and he's talking about adding to the squad but simultaneously slimming down the squad because its too big. Idiotic.

 

Another interesting view and follow-up question.  He certainly divides opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

April 2017.

PNE 5 City 0 Embarrassing shambolic performance, players lacking heart and not playing for the manager, looked very much to be heading for relegation.

Previous 10 games L4 D4 W2

So 2 wins in 11 after PNE debacle, morale amongst players and fans at rock bottom, and club sinking fast.

An almost freak turnaround in form from the next game (Wolves H), winning 4 of the last 6 games meant we stayed up

It wouldn't have been incredible at all if he'd been sacked after the PNE humiliation.

Most thought he should have been, and he would have been at any other club.

 

We were unbeaten in 4 before that game - 2 wins and 2 draws.

We were unbeaten in 5 after that game - 4 wins and a draw.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

We were unbeaten in 4 before that game - 2 wins and 2 draws.

We were unbeaten in 5 after that game - 4 wins and a draw.

No, PNE was on a Tuesday, it followed a 2-0 loss at Brentford on the Saturday.

Before that we'd won 2 in 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No, PNE was on a Tuesday, it followed a 2-0 loss at Brentford on the Saturday.

Before that we'd won 2 in 9.

My mistake.

This was the sequence;

4 Mar 17 Bristol City 0 - 0 Burton Albion - + + 0-0
7 Mar 17 Bristol City 1 - 1 Norwich City - - - 0-1
11 Mar 17 Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Bristol City - + - 0-0
17 Mar 17 Bristol City 4 - 0 Huddersfield + + - 2-0
1 Apr 17 Brentford 2 - 0 Bristol City - - + 2-0
4 Apr 17 Preston 5 - 0 Bristol City + - + 1-0
8 Apr 17 Bristol City 3 - 1 Wolverhampton + - - 2-0
14 Apr 17 Bristol City 2 - 1 QP Rangers + - - 2-0
17 Apr 17 Blackburn 1 - 1 Bristol City - - - 0-1
22 Apr 17 Bristol City 3 - 2 Barnsley + - - 0-1
29 Apr 17 Brighton 0 - 1 Bristol City - + - 0-1
7 May 17 Bristol City 0 - 1 Birmingham City - - + 0-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

My mistake.

This was the sequence;

4 Mar 17 Bristol City 0 - 0 Burton Albion - + + 0-0
7 Mar 17 Bristol City 1 - 1 Norwich City - - - 0-1
11 Mar 17 Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Bristol City - + - 0-0
17 Mar 17 Bristol City 4 - 0 Huddersfield + + - 2-0
1 Apr 17 Brentford 2 - 0 Bristol City - - + 2-0
4 Apr 17 Preston 5 - 0 Bristol City + - + 1-0
8 Apr 17 Bristol City 3 - 1 Wolverhampton + - - 2-0
14 Apr 17 Bristol City 2 - 1 QP Rangers + - - 2-0
17 Apr 17 Blackburn 1 - 1 Bristol City - - - 0-1
22 Apr 17 Bristol City 3 - 2 Barnsley + - - 0-1
29 Apr 17 Brighton 0 - 1 Bristol City - + - 0-1
7 May 17 Bristol City 0 - 1 Birmingham City - - + 0-1

The sequence of 10 games I talked of before the PNE massacre was going from the Derby game on 11th Feb.

So your sequence above starts after a run of 2 draws and 3 defeats and continues after the PNE game.

The point is anything could have happened after the PNE thrashing, most likely relegation, and it would be very interesting to know the details of what happened at AG between the PNE mauling and the Wolves victory to turn things round because absolutely no one saw that victory coming at the time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The sequence of 10 games I talked of before the PNE massacre was going from the Derby game on 11th Feb.

So your sequence above starts after a run of 2 draws and 3 defeats and continues after the PNE game.

The point is anything could have happened after the PNE thrashing, most likely relegation, and it would be very interesting to know the details of what happened at AG between the PNE mauling and the Wolves victory to turn things round because absolutely no one saw that victory coming at the time.

 

Wasn’t Tomlin dropped?

I was on hols in Anaheim, so missed a lot of those games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

My mistake.

This was the sequence;

4 Mar 17 Bristol City 0 - 0 Burton Albion - + + 0-0
7 Mar 17 Bristol City 1 - 1 Norwich City - - - 0-1
11 Mar 17 Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Bristol City - + - 0-0
17 Mar 17 Bristol City 4 - 0 Huddersfield + + - 2-0
1 Apr 17 Brentford 2 - 0 Bristol City - - + 2-0
4 Apr 17 Preston 5 - 0 Bristol City + - + 1-0
8 Apr 17 Bristol City 3 - 1 Wolverhampton + - - 2-0
14 Apr 17 Bristol City 2 - 1 QP Rangers + - - 2-0
17 Apr 17 Blackburn 1 - 1 Bristol City - - - 0-1
22 Apr 17 Bristol City 3 - 2 Barnsley + - - 0-1
29 Apr 17 Brighton 0 - 1 Bristol City - + - 0-1
7 May 17 Bristol City 0 - 1 Birmingham City - - + 0-1

I see we beat Wolves and Brighton. I bet they've bombed down the leagues since then?

Eh? They've what?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Sacking someone via text would be totally classless if it were true.

Does it really matter how were sacked

1) Manager calls you into the office "You're sacked" 

2) Manager asks colleague to sack you

3) Email saying you're sacked

4) text saying you're sacked

net result no job

 

they will not tell you why you were sacked either you really pudekcuf and you know why 

or

you were

not up to the job

or

they just didn't like you

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NickJ said:

All 14 threads very anti Johnson, Harry.

With City just 3 points off the play offs, you have to ask yourself, why would that be.

The answer obviously is Johnson is not a popular manager, never has been, never will be. Winning temporarily papers over that.

In turn, why is that?

I think the majority recognize that City are in the position they are in spite of Johnson, not because of him, were it not for the millions spent we would be in a very different position, and the travesty of a wasted opportunity.

That, and the absolute cliched bollocks that he talks, which fools very few.

Wanted 3 windows, about to emabark on his 9th, has bought 50 odd players, and he's talking about adding to the squad but simultaneously slimming down the squad because its too big. Idiotic.

 

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reddoh said:

Does it really matter how were sacked

1) Manager calls you into the office "You're sacked" 

2) Manager asks colleague to sack you

3) Email saying you're sacked

4) text saying you're sacked

net result no job

 

they will not tell you why you were sacked either you really pudekcuf and you know why 

or

you were

not up to the job

or

they just didn't like you

.

Just lacks balls and smacks of disrespect to sack someone other than face to face imo.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t Tomlin dropped?

I was on hols in Anaheim, so missed a lot of those games.

After much dithering and indecision, Tomlin was finally cast aside after Preston and Taylor brought in against Wolves. Meaning a less technical eleven but a more together one, with effort and toil. Frankie produced a wonder save and we saw the game out, with three sides of the ground resounding to "Red army!" and a rare moment of communion between manager, team and crowd.

And just as rare: beating Wolves.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not at all.......it’s just that my memory plays tricks at my age, particularly when City  scored so few  goals that season. I’m surprised you can remember but then you probably looked it up.................:cool2:

How can you remember the football “was crap” under GJ then? It was a fair old time ago....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Just lacks balls and smacks of disrespect to sack someone other than face to face imo.

 

 

face to face"confrontation" smack in the mouth (or balls depending on who we we are talking about😀) ex employee in worse trouble than just no job.

times change

do you find it disrespectful that your pay arrives in your bank every week/month whatever or do you want to go to the pay office every thursday and queue ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, NickJ said:

All 14 threads very anti Johnson, Harry.

With City just 3 points off the play offs, you have to ask yourself, why would that be.

The answer obviously is Johnson is not a popular manager, never has been, never will be. Winning temporarily papers over that.

In turn, why is that?

I think the majority recognize that City are in the position they are in spite of Johnson, not because of him, were it not for the millions spent we would be in a very different position, and the travesty of a wasted opportunity.

That, and the absolute cliched bollocks that he talks, which fools very few.

Wanted 3 windows, about to emabark on his 9th, has bought 50 odd players, and he's talking about adding to the squad but simultaneously slimming down the squad because its too big. Idiotic.

 

 

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Another interesting view and follow-up question.  He certainly divides opinion.

The question is very easy to answer.  
A lot, and I mean a lot, of fans didn’t like LJ as a player and thus he never has been and never will be a popular manager amongst those people. 
 

Lots of fans are allowing him more time due to the year on year improvement he’s achieved to date, even though there are many questions to be asked and rightfully so (I’ve said myself that there are things he really needs to do better, so I’m no LJ disciple). But he’s earned that time due to his performance to date as the manager. 
On the flip side, those who disliked him (and I will also add the word ‘hated’ in some instances) as a player will call for his head at the earliest opportunity. And those persons are a significant minority. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harry said:

 

The question is very easy to answer.  
A lot, and I mean a lot, of fans didn’t like LJ as a player and thus he never has been and never will be a popular manager amongst those people. 
 

Lots of fans are allowing him more time due to the year on year improvement he’s achieved to date, even though there are many questions to be asked and rightfully so (I’ve said myself that there are things he really needs to do better, so I’m no LJ disciple). But he’s earned that time due to his performance to date as the manager. 
On the flip side, those who disliked him (and I will also add the word ‘hated’ in some instances) as a player will call for his head at the earliest opportunity. And those persons are a significant minority. 

I only saw him play once, for 45 mins when he got injured v Watford (0-0 Basso pen save).  Basso, Noble and McIndoe left a positive impression on me that night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

 

The question is very easy to answer.  
A lot, and I mean a lot, of fans didn’t like LJ as a player and thus he never has been and never will be a popular manager amongst those people. 
 

Lots of fans are allowing him more time due to the year on year improvement he’s achieved to date, even though there are many questions to be asked and rightfully so (I’ve said myself that there are things he really needs to do better, so I’m no LJ disciple). But he’s earned that time due to his performance to date as the manager. 
On the flip side, those who disliked him (and I will also add the word ‘hated’ in some instances) as a player will call for his head at the earliest opportunity. And those persons are a significant minority. 

Nail on head.

100% agree with all of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How can you remember the football “was crap” under GJ then? It was a fair old time ago....

I remember it being crap under Fred Ford, Pulis, Osman, Lumbsden........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robbored said:

No relevance to this thread so I’m confused why you bothered to post it...........

That’s a pretty confusing reply key to @ziderheadarmy Robbored - @Galley is our king quoted you earlier in the thread when you said “GJ was full of hot air in interviews” and he or she asked if you knew this from “personal experience” - you replied saying you had “no personal experience at all” - so @ziderheadarmy reminded you that you did have “personal experience” of an ‘interview’ with GJ when he’d summoned you to his office and you responded with a ‘confused’ emoji and said his or her reply had “no relevance to this thread” even though you brought up the subject of GJ and interviews .... and you’re confused?! 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

There has to be a point when The Lansdowns must consider season ticket sales for next season. Surely. 
 

Or am I just clutching at straws?

Is it not true that season ticket sales have increased even though some on here are convinced that we have been going backwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s a pretty confusing reply key to @ziderheadarmy Robbored - @Galley is our king quoted you earlier in the thread when you said “GJ was full of hot air in interviews” and he or she asked if you knew this from “personal experience” - you replied saying you had “no personal experience at all” - so @ziderheadarmy reminded you that you did have “personal experience” of an ‘interview’ with GJ when he’d summoned you to his office and you responded with a ‘confused’ emoji and said his or her reply had “no relevance to this thread” even though you brought up the subject of GJ and interviews .... and you’re confused?! 

Just for clarification, he did a one to one interview with GJ when he was chairman of the supporters club.

Three times when asked if he was RR he denied it.

Had an opportunity and BOTTLED it, didn't have the courage of his convictions.

Was just the most negative GJ poster along with IG on RB.

Knobs the pair of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Does it really matter in which way SC was sacked?   Point is he was sacked.......

I think it matters - if he really was sacked by text, and this is common knowledge in the football world, then future prospective managerial candidates would form an unfavourable opinion about our club and how they treat employees and they could be dissuaded from joining us - being sacked by text, if it happened, is shabby and lazy ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I remember it being crap under Fred Ford, Pulis, Osman, Lumbsden........

So there’s nothing wrong with your memory then? Just when it comes to Phil Jevons ... 😄🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think it matters - if he really was sacked by text, and this is common knowledge in the football world, then future prospective managerial candidates would form an unfavourable opinion about our club and how they treat employees and they could be dissuaded from joining us - being sacked by text, if it happened, is shabby and lazy ...

If SC was sacked by text he certainly wasn’t the first to be notified in that fashion. We see/hear of the same happening to other managers.

I agree it’s shabby tho.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So there’s nothing wrong with your memory then? Just when it comes to Phil Jevons ... 😄🍷

Who?   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Just for clarification, he did a one to one interview with GJ when he was chairman of the supporters club.

Three times when asked if he was RR he denied it.

Had an opportunity and BOTTLED it, didn't have the courage of his convictions.

Was just the most negative GJ poster along with IG on RB.

Knobs the pair of them!

So on this thread when @Robboredsaid he had “no personal experience of a GJ interview” he was telling blatant porkie pies?!😎😄🍷

He’ll soon be denying shunting a minibus full of gas up to Wembley too .... his ‘confused emoji’ responses fool no-one and his selective memory when proved wrong is just annoying ... 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pezo said:

He will still be here when we play Preston! 

 

He will also still be here when we play the Sags.   🙁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Is it not true that season ticket sales have increased even though some on here are convinced that we have been going backwards?

Increased year on year apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s only one way this manager will be sacked and it’s up to the fans that want him out it’s really easy , STAY AWAY FROM GAMES , season tickets won’t worry SL at the moment , but 1000s of fans not spending money will . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Redandproud

You mention the text thing. Any chance of an article or something, a press release, statement etc that displays the fact?

It rings a bell but sounds fairly curious for us to go about it like that. 

Further, he was sacked on a Wednesday or Thursday was he not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So on this thread when @Robboredsaid he had “no personal experience of a GJ interview” he was telling blatant porkie pies?!😎😄🍷

He’ll soon be denying shunting a minibus full of gas up to Wembley too .... his ‘confused emoji’ responses fool no-one and his selective memory when proved wrong is just annoying ... 

think you will find he's a Uber fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Just wondering if tomorrow could be the decision day regarding Lee's future.

Its the first proper 'working' day since the christmas and new year break and following Saturdays debarcle. Someone in an earlier thread suggested that there is usually a 'board' meeting on Monday mornings and if there wasnt one planned, I would suspect there is now.

Wonder if its curtains for Lee or will he be given extra time. 

After Luton I would have put it 70/30% in Lee's favour but now after Brentford and Shrewsbury and the other recent poor results I recon its 50/50.

No Chance safe as Houses .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s a pretty confusing reply key to @ziderheadarmy Robbored - @Galley is our king quoted you earlier in the thread when you said “GJ was full of hot air in interviews” and he or she asked if you knew this from “personal experience” - you replied saying you had “no personal experience at all” - so @ziderheadarmy reminded you that you did have “personal experience” of an ‘interview’ with GJ when he’d summoned you to his office and you responded with a ‘confused’ emoji and said his or her reply had “no relevance to this thread” even though you brought up the subject of GJ and interviews .... and you’re confused?! 

@BS4 on Tour... you’ve hit the nail on the head mate. @Robbored talks crap and has been found out yet again...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Just for clarification, he did a one to one interview with GJ when he was chairman of the supporters club.

Three times when asked if he was RR he denied it.

Had an opportunity and BOTTLED it, didn't have the courage of his convictions.

Was just the most negative GJ poster along with IG on RB.

Knobs the pair of them!

@Galley is our king so why does @Robbored lie? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think it matters - if he really was sacked by text, and this is common knowledge in the football world, then future prospective managerial candidates would form an unfavourable opinion about our club and how they treat employees and they could be dissuaded from joining us - being sacked by text, if it happened, is shabby and lazy ...

100 % spot on! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry said:

 

The question is very easy to answer.  
A lot, and I mean a lot, of fans didn’t like LJ as a player and thus he never has been and never will be a popular manager amongst those people. 
 

Lots of fans are allowing him more time due to the year on year improvement he’s achieved to date, even though there are many questions to be asked and rightfully so (I’ve said myself that there are things he really needs to do better, so I’m no LJ disciple). But he’s earned that time due to his performance to date as the manager. 
On the flip side, those who disliked him (and I will also add the word ‘hated’ in some instances) as a player will call for his head at the earliest opportunity. And those persons are a significant minority. 

That's not entirely correct Harry.

If people thought he was doing a good job, they would warm to him, as so many did with Cotterill, who was hated by many when he came here and left as a hero even if it did go a bit wrong at the end, because his achievements were recognized.

In my opinion Johnson is not a credible manager as he does not give the impression of being a leader that could command respect. 

The "Johnsonisms" thread is a funny example of Johnson using ostensibly clever sounding phrases which are in reality cringeworthy idiocies which mean nothing. I'm sure some players will earnestly lap it up but equally older and/or wiser heads will probably just think it's a bit of a joke.

I maintain that the alleged year on year improvement is in spite of Johnson not because of him. Given the amount of money spent on players and the woeful boring performances of late, I would seriously challenge the suggestion that he's earned any right to continue as manager.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NickJ said:

All 14 threads very anti Johnson, Harry.

With City just 3 points off the play offs, you have to ask yourself, why would that be.

The answer obviously is Johnson is not a popular manager, never has been, never will be. Winning temporarily papers over that.

In turn, why is that?

I think the majority recognize that City are in the position they are in spite of Johnson, not because of him, were it not for the millions spent we would be in a very different position, and the travesty of a wasted opportunity.

That, and the absolute cliched bollocks that he talks, which fools very few.

Wanted 3 windows, about to emabark on his 9th, has bought 50 odd players, and he's talking about adding to the squad but simultaneously slimming down the squad because its too big. Idiotic.

 

 

Bit like Pep at Man City.  Spends £200m on defenders (which if he hadn't spent they'd be in a very different position) and then complains he can't compete with Liverpool..  Take any manager, from any club and you can say the same.  I think you're looking in the wrong direction for blame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

it says SOLD OUT on website ?

Dont you have to leave a certain amount of tickets for potd etc believe we sold a high number season tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Highguy said:

Dont you have to leave a certain amount of tickets for potd etc believe we sold a high number season tickets

Yes, all that means is that all that were available have been sold. There weren’t many in November to be fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hi @Redandproud

You mention the text thing. Any chance of an article or something, a press release, statement etc that displays the fact?

It rings a bell but sounds fairly curious for us to go about it like that. 

Further, he was sacked on a Wednesday or Thursday was he not?

Look it up, he was Sacked on the evening after a game on a Saturday @8.30pm, trying to find what game it was and/or home or away, by Dawes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Look it up, he was Sacked on the evening after a game on a Saturday @8.30pm, trying to find what game it was and/or home or away, by Dawes 

Okay thanks, I'll look it up again...now IF he was sacked before the Tuesday game vs Preston then yeah that makes sense, but it's a bit of a disconnect for me given I clearly remember us losing to Preston, Cotts rowing with a fan when he came off the pitch, some sort of mutual flak, then him being sacked and Pemberton in charge vs Boro...Wes Burns last minute winner?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35229562

The text thing rings a bell, yep.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay thanks, I'll look it up again...now IF he was sacked before the Tuesday game vs Preston then yeah that makes sense, but it's a bit of a disconnect for me given I clearly remember us losing to Preston, Cotts rowing with a fan when he came off the pitch, some sort of mutual flak, then him being sacked and Pemberton in charge vs Boro...Wes Burns last minute winner?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35229562

The text thing rings a bell, yep.

It states he was sacked before the Middlesbrough game, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with all these threads is people who want LJ sacked because they don't like him rather than judging him on results, a bit like Mick McArthey at Ipswich, the fans got their wish there and look at them now only just above the Gas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The problem with all these threads is people who want LJ sacked because they don't like him rather than judging him on results, a bit like Mick McArthey at Ipswich, the fans got their wish there and look at them now only just above the Gas

LJ Is NOT taking us any further, look at the last 4 seasons, got us into the playoff positions then we drop away, LJ has taken us as far as his experience has, its time for a change, someone with more experience of championship or Premier league, BUT, as stated, I think LANDSDOWN doesn't want to admit he was wrong, and pay wages for a more experienced manager to take us further, we're getting in the same situation as we were when GJ was manager, he lost the dressing room and players are not playing for him, 

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...