IGNORED

Monday....decision day!?

Top Robin

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not saying you are incorrect for a minute, but I’ve seen LJ referred to as ‘Lansdown’s family friend’ on here a zillion times - I may have been on Mars , but has there actually been any proof of a close relationship with the Lansdowns away from football? Apologies if I’ve missed anything, Merlot and Malbec can do that! ?

Hope you're not mixing those?!  Malbec all day long over Merlot....

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Someone else said the same thing to me recently, whilst I agree I would argue that every year we seem to have a load saying they won’t renew but somehow we end up with the same amount of ST holders, if not more. 

I havent heard great rejoicing about the numbers of half ST this season yet, so I guess there wasn’t much uptake which could make SL think, but I reckon he will just put that down to no Carabao Cup run.

it says SOLD OUT on website ?

1 hour ago, ziderheadarmy said:

You started that GJ didn’t ever say a thing pre or post match so I simply asked if he said much when he invited you into his office ? That’s if you even went to the meeting? Touched a nerve have I? 

@Robbored well? 

19 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

SL didn't sack SC, it was Keith Dawes, he was chairman of Bristol City at the time, he did it by text, 

Classless that. 

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

it says SOLD OUT on website ?

Strange we haven't been told the new numbers yet, but maybe this the first week back for many staff? I don't personally know of anyone who purchased one this season. Could the sold out status mean that they went off sale and are no longer available perhaps?

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Strange we haven't been told the new numbers yet, but maybe this the first week back for many staff? I don't personally know of anyone who purchased one this season. Could the sold out status mean that they went off sale and are no longer available perhaps?

yes, possibly. There weren't many left when my friend was looking in November, she didn't get one in the end.

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

As that was in the middle of a 9 game run where we won 6 and drawn 1, it would have been ******* incredible if he was sacked.

April 2017.

PNE 5 City 0 Embarrassing shambolic performance, players lacking heart and apparently not playing for the manager, looked very much to be heading for relegation.

Previous 10 games L4 D4 W2

So 2 wins in 11 after PNE debacle, morale amongst players and fans at rock bottom, and club sinking fast.

An almost freak turnaround in form from the next game (Wolves H), winning 4 of the last 6 games meant we stayed up

It wouldn't have been incredible at all if he'd been sacked after the PNE humiliation.

Most thought he should have been, and he surely would have been at any other club.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

There’s currently 14 threads on the first page of the forum which are discussing LJ’s position. 
Was it necessary to start another one? 

All 14 threads very anti Johnson, Harry.

With City just 3 points off the play offs, you have to ask yourself, why would that be.

The answer obviously is Johnson is not a popular manager, never has been, never will be. Winning temporarily papers over that.

In turn, why is that?

I think the majority recognize that City are in the position they are in spite of Johnson, not because of him, were it not for the millions spent we would be in a very different position, and the travesty of a wasted opportunity.

That, and the absolute cliched bollocks that he talks, which fools very few.

Wanted 3 windows, about to emabark on his 9th, has bought 50 odd players, and he's talking about adding to the squad but simultaneously slimming down the squad because its too big. Idiotic.

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

With City just 3 points off the play offs, you have to ask yourself, why would that be.

The answer obviously is Johnson is not a popular manager, never has been, never will be. Winning temporarily papers over that.

In turn, why is that?

I think the majority recognize that City are in the position they are in spite of Johnson, not because of him, were it not for the millions spent we would be in a very different position, and the travesty of a wasted opportunity.

Wanted 3 windows, about to emabark on his 9th, has bought 50 odd players, and he's talking about adding to the squad but simultaneously slimming down the squad because its too big. Idiotic.

Another interesting view and follow-up question.  He certainly divides opinion.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

April 2017.

PNE 5 City 0 Embarrassing shambolic performance, players lacking heart and not playing for the manager, looked very much to be heading for relegation.

Previous 10 games L4 D4 W2

So 2 wins in 11 after PNE debacle, morale amongst players and fans at rock bottom, and club sinking fast.

An almost freak turnaround in form from the next game (Wolves H), winning 4 of the last 6 games meant we stayed up

It wouldn't have been incredible at all if he'd been sacked after the PNE humiliation.

Most thought he should have been, and he would have been at any other club.

We were unbeaten in 4 before that game - 2 wins and 2 draws.

We were unbeaten in 5 after that game - 4 wins and a draw.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

We were unbeaten in 4 before that game - 2 wins and 2 draws.

We were unbeaten in 5 after that game - 4 wins and a draw.

No, PNE was on a Tuesday, it followed a 2-0 loss at Brentford on the Saturday.

Before that we'd won 2 in 9.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No, PNE was on a Tuesday, it followed a 2-0 loss at Brentford on the Saturday.

Before that we'd won 2 in 9.

My mistake.

This was the sequence;

4 Mar 17 Bristol City 0 - 0 Burton Albion - + + 0-0
7 Mar 17 Bristol City 1 - 1 Norwich City - - - 0-1
11 Mar 17 Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Bristol City - + - 0-0
17 Mar 17 Bristol City 4 - 0 Huddersfield + + - 2-0
1 Apr 17 Brentford 2 - 0 Bristol City - - + 2-0
4 Apr 17 Preston 5 - 0 Bristol City + - + 1-0
8 Apr 17 Bristol City 3 - 1 Wolverhampton + - - 2-0
14 Apr 17 Bristol City 2 - 1 QP Rangers + - - 2-0
17 Apr 17 Blackburn 1 - 1 Bristol City - - - 0-1
22 Apr 17 Bristol City 3 - 2 Barnsley + - - 0-1
29 Apr 17 Brighton 0 - 1 Bristol City - + - 0-1
7 May 17 Bristol City 0 - 1 Birmingham City - - + 0-1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

My mistake.

This was the sequence;

The sequence of 10 games I talked of before the PNE massacre was going from the Derby game on 11th Feb.

So your sequence above starts after a run of 2 draws and 3 defeats and continues after the PNE game.

The point is anything could have happened after the PNE thrashing, most likely relegation, and it would be very interesting to know the details of what happened at AG between the PNE mauling and the Wolves victory to turn things round because absolutely no one saw that victory coming at the time.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The sequence of 10 games I talked of before the PNE massacre was going from the Derby game on 11th Feb.

So your sequence above starts after a run of 2 draws and 3 defeats and continues after the PNE game.

The point is anything could have happened after the PNE thrashing, most likely relegation, and it would be very interesting to know the details of what happened at AG between the PNE mauling and the Wolves victory to turn things round because absolutely no one saw that victory coming at the time.

Wasn’t Tomlin dropped?

I was on hols in Anaheim, so missed a lot of those games.

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

My mistake.

This was the sequence;

I see we beat Wolves and Brighton. I bet they've bombed down the leagues since then?

Eh? They've what?!

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Sacking someone via text would be totally classless if it were true.

Does it really matter how were sacked

1) Manager calls you into the office "You're sacked" 

2) Manager asks colleague to sack you

3) Email saying you're sacked

4) text saying you're sacked

net result no job

they will not tell you why you were sacked either you really pudekcuf and you know why 

or

you were

not up to the job

or

they just didn't like you

35 minutes ago, NickJ said:

In turn, why is that?

This. 

1 minute ago, reddoh said:

Does it really matter how were sacked

1) Manager calls you into the office "You're sacked" 

2) Manager asks colleague to sack you

3) Email saying you're sacked

4) text saying you're sacked

net result no job

they will not tell you why you were sacked either you really pudekcuf and you know why 

or

you were

not up to the job

or

they just didn't like you

Just lacks balls and smacks of disrespect to sack someone other than face to face imo.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t Tomlin dropped?

I was on hols in Anaheim, so missed a lot of those games.

After much dithering and indecision, Tomlin was finally cast aside after Preston and Taylor brought in against Wolves. Meaning a less technical eleven but a more together one, with effort and toil. Frankie produced a wonder save and we saw the game out, with three sides of the ground resounding to "Red army!" and a rare moment of communion between manager, team and crowd.

And just as rare: beating Wolves.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not at all.......it’s just that my memory plays tricks at my age, particularly when City  scored so few  goals that season. I’m surprised you can remember but then you probably looked it up.................:cool2:

How can you remember the football “was crap” under GJ then? It was a fair old time ago....

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Just lacks balls and smacks of disrespect to sack someone other than face to face imo.

face to face"confrontation" smack in the mouth (or balls depending on who we we are talking about?) ex employee in worse trouble than just no job.

times change

do you find it disrespectful that your pay arrives in your bank every week/month whatever or do you want to go to the pay office every thursday and queue ?

50 minutes ago, NickJ said:

In turn, why is that?

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Another interesting view and follow-up question.  He certainly divides opinion.

The question is very easy to answer.  
A lot, and I mean a lot, of fans didn’t like LJ as a player and thus he never has been and never will be a popular manager amongst those people. 

Lots of fans are allowing him more time due to the year on year improvement he’s achieved to date, even though there are many questions to be asked and rightfully so (I’ve said myself that there are things he really needs to do better, so I’m no LJ disciple). But he’s earned that time due to his performance to date as the manager. 
On the flip side, those who disliked him (and I will also add the word ‘hated’ in some instances) as a player will call for his head at the earliest opportunity. And those persons are a significant minority. 

Archived