IGNORED

Johnsonism's

freezer

Firstly, this is not, yet another, Lee Johnson bashing thread. 

In saying that, I do feel that he has acquired and excelled his father's skill in using 'football manager speak' to a whole new level. 

His recent comment about the players finding a "belief buddy", really is a classic and all I could envisage was Woody from Toy Story!

Is this really where we are now with our squad, and how on earth do they match up the players correctly to achieve this? 

Answers on a postcard please. 

What is your favourite/least favourite, 'Johnsonism', and why? 

ps You've got a friend in me 

This is a very good question and topicold. I would say that if the forward line have a symmetrical teamworkers and that they can from the first passit of the ball... take in mind the measured beat of a one, two, throo or fido... so that the ball can falollop out to the wingers and a very fine trittly how in a run and drop-kick and carry one and shooting in the goal if they can get by without an offsiger which is known on the ref and don't throw the bottload because he's only doing his best. But, er, it'll be hard on their halfbackers because I don't think they'll get a chance to do a falolloper shooty on account of the front line with their deep joy of, shall we say, an express in their enthusiasm to the first who to clop falollop in the goalmouth. Oh yes.

‘Robbing Peter to pay Paul’ is one that grates on me most! 

add in

’i pick the team like my daughters life depends on it’

and also enjoyed

‘we love lee Tomlin*’

*replace with Wilbraham, COD, Palmer Or any other player who’s suddenly out of favour

12 minutes ago, glynriley said:

This is a very good question and topicold. I would say that if the forward line have a symmetrical teamworkers and that they can from the first passit of the ball... take in mind the measured beat of a one, two, throo or fido... so that the ball can falollop out to the wingers and a very fine trittly how in a run and drop-kick and carry one and shooting in the goal if they can get by without an offsiger which is known on the ref and don't throw the bottload because he's only doing his best. But, er, it'll be hard on their halfbackers because I don't think they'll get a chance to do a falolloper shooty on account of the front line with their deep joy of, shall we say, an express in their enthusiasm to the first who to clop falollop in the goalmouth. Oh yes.

@glynrileyHa, is that classic Stanley Unwin speak? 

3 minutes ago, freezer said:

@glynrileyHa, is that classic Stanley Unwin speak? 

From the man himself. Saw this thread and instantly thought of this. 

Known as gobbledygook so thought it would fit in nicely!!

BTW in yesterdays post match presser he referred a couple of times to "stealing their lunch"....!??

Here are 3 more beauts!!!

1. “We have to decide what our balance of play will be”   2018

2. ”Are we going to try to take the ball”   2018

3. ”The players are the ones who have to execute the plan”  2019

He is full of bull shit and we all have to put up with it! I have had enough of this shite. Get him out PLEASE.

'It was a typical Championship game, if you like. We've got a few walking wounded out there today, and I'll tell you now, this is not an easy league by any stretch. I've decided to give the boys some time off to dust themselves down, if you like, because we need absolute warriors out there. Like Fam, Bails and Tails were today, absolute warriors out there on the pitch. We need the players to be ready to go again, Saturday / Tuesday / Saturday / Tuesday because the Championship, if you like, holds no prisoners.'

13 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Who thinks Lee is cringier than me? 

“I think I’m doing a great job..”

Johnson or Brent: 

They're malleable, and you know that's what I like really, you know. I don't like people who come here: 'Ooh, we did it this way, we did it that way'. I just wanna go do it this way. If you like. If you don't... Team playing-I call it team individuality, it's a new, it's like a management style.” 

“I get up every morning, take a big sniff of air and say, ‘I’m turning up today and going to leave this place better than it was 24 hours ago.’ ”

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Another low quality thread bashing taking the piss out of our manager. Seriously embarrassing.

Johnson or Brent?

“My assistant manager keeps telling me I have to get into meditation, to relax. I’ll meditate when I’m dead. In the meantime I’ve got to get promoted.”

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Johnson or Brent?

“My assistant manager keeps telling me I have to get into meditation, to relax. I’ll meditate when I’m dead. In the meantime I’ve got to get promoted.”

Hahaha just realised you could compare that to the Lenny Henry bit.

Holden makes me laugh though, because, you know, it's his interfering, it's his timing. Going on about he wants some meditation doing-it's game day, you know.
Ooh, what's more important, you Deano, with your meditation, or some points that need winning?

Ooh I don't know. Ooh what would Fergie say?

I think we know-imagine him going out of the door on game day and Steve McLaren is going 'Where you going, you haven't done the meditation. You haven't done the yoga.' 'DO IT YOURSELF I'VE GOTTA WIN THE LEAGUE! 

Archived