IGNORED

Johnsonism's

freezer

I've come to the conclusion long ago that these "Johnsonisms" are just a crap attempt at letting us know that we are only the ******* idiots who pay to come through the turnstiles each week and that we can't possibly understand what real football is about. I caught on to this ******* ages ago tbh.

Piss poor LJ, piss poor

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

11th in the championship. Yes we are in a bad run with crap football at the moment but seriously does that mean we start acting like idiots? 

I’m just a consumer that is not 100% happy with the product that I have bought, I’m just waiting for a factory recall so that the fault can be fixed.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I've come to the conclusion long ago that these "Johnsonisms" are just a crap attempt at letting us know that we are only the ******* idiots who come through the turnstiles each week and that we can't possibly understand what real football is about. I caught on to this ******* ages ago tbh.

Piss poor LJ, piss poor

Exactly ?????

My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased the league position four years running, or reached the semifinal of the League Cup. No. It was a young Swedish guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went "Mr. Johnson, will you be the Godfather to my child?". Didn't happen in the end. We had to let him go, he was rubbish. He was rubbish!

4702B374-C2E2-40CB-87B9-A78296395844.jpeg

1 hour ago, freezer said:

Firstly, this is not, yet another, Lee Johnson bashing thread. 

In saying that, I do feel that he has acquired and excelled his father's skill in using 'football manager speak' to a whole new level. 

His recent comment about the players finding a "belief buddy", really is a classic and all I could envisage was Woody from Toy Story!

Is this really where we are now with our squad, and how on earth do they match up the players correctly to achieve this? 

Answers on a postcard please. 

What is your favourite/least favourite, 'Johnsonism', and why? 

ps You've got a friend in me 

Thank you Freezer, I’ve been tempted to to start such a thread for a while, going to enjoy reading and contributing to this thing of beauty! 

24 minutes ago, freezer said:

@Whale Eye Beef HookedThanks for the one word reply.

Have you any favourite comments from our manager that spring to mind?

The opening post did ask for any favourite or least favourite quote. 

Someone close to me has had a terrible time at school with bullies.  Watching how the bullies work is similar to a lot of idiots on here so no is the answer to your question 

46 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

770F80E1-CD2C-40AC-9D2F-C7064F8127DD.jpeg

LJ - “I blame the Bristol Bears, Dan Sparkes the Groundsman, hasn’t got time to cut this into the pitch ahead of games.  It worked a treat for Marley Watkins going down Bomb Alley at Oakwell, and Brownie is a £50m player when we get him the ball in the spin and slide zone, just like he was when I had him on loan for The Tykes.  No wonder I couldn’t get a tune out of Cauley Woodrow here at Ashton Gate, the Groundsman at Barnsley has painted pin zone in the penalty area, he’s flying”

6 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

“He’s an £8m player in 8 a side games” Semenyo

“We’re Premier league in training” multiple times  

“I’d of loved to put myself on for the last 10 minutes to see that game out” post Barnsley away  

“I thought he looked like a rolls Royce” After Jens Hegelar debut  

Wasn’t Eliasson a £7m player in 7-aside?

5 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Someone close to me has had a terrible time at school with bullies.  Watching how the bullies work is similar to a lot of idiots on here so no is the answer to your question 

@Whale Eye Beef HookedNot sure how this is really in context to my OP, but I hope it all works out OK for your friend/child/neighbour.

Hopefully, you don't consider me a bully or idiot? 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m enjoying this, making me chuckle, and I’m not Johnson Out.

I admire you staying power, Dave, if you've got the energy to endure another half-dozen games like we've seen recently before re-evaluating ?

29 minutes ago, Ring said:

April 2016:

When asked where he sees the club in five year's time, Johnson said: "I'm going to stick my neck on the line a little bit and say Europa League.

You know, who's to say, you keep your head down, in five years' time you could be in the Europa league...

1 hour ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I agree to an extent. There's obviously no right-to-reply for LJ and some of these quotes are taken out of context or were originally said with humour. Nuance is lost with cut and paste or direct transcription.

I generally enjoy listening to LJ post-match although I rarely bother with any of the pre-match stuff. I actually think he's more engaging than many previous managers/coaches.

But people are sick of hearing some of this nonsense. 'Box entries' means **** all when you don't look like a team and you struggle to draw against average League 1 opposition.

Choice of language is important. If LJ confuses the media and fans during interviews, what does that imply about his coaching? Listening to him for all the years he has been in charge, there has barely been any consistency in his views for where a game went wrong. Doesn't that say everything about the reasons for his constant tinkering - the first team and formation changes? Unnecessary over-complication.

When it went off the rails for him, I thought Steve Cotterill was too stubborn to change. By contrast, LJ can't leave anything alone for more than one match. He's looking for perfection in an imperfect system.

Identifying Jonsonisms might be funny or it might be bullying but they are an insight into confused and overly complicated thinking. This has been identified by a number of OTIB posters as a reason why this expensive and talented squad is underperforming. The message is (ironically) loud and clear.

Archived