IGNORED

Johnsonism's

freezer

Reading all the comment (I've made some too btw) but I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the bloke now  :laugh:

In all honesty, there isn't a person on earth who doesn't have their own way of talking, and i guess this is just his way after all.

Come on LJ. Let's win the next 2 league games, get that cup tie in the bag, and i promise you can say "If you will" or "D'you know what I mean" as much as you like fella.

On 09/01/2020 at 16:28, AppyDAZE said:

Reading all the comment (I've made some too btw) but I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the bloke now  :laugh:

In all honesty, there isn't a person on earth who doesn't have their own way of talking, and i guess this is just his way after all.

Come on LJ. Let's win the next 2 league games, get that cup tie in the bag, and i promise you can say "If you will" or "D'you know what I mean" as much as you like fella.

How's it looking now? 

The big cup tie has fallen through the bottom of the soggy bag unfortunately. 

"I suppose I'm disappointed" 

Tell me about it Lee. 

On 07/01/2020 at 15:24, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh yes - it’s from 06:16secs here:

So from 6.16 onwards:

"performing well as an individual, human, trainer"

"its an interesting debate" (about his own team selection)

"we failed to tick the championship boxes"

"we know what we're looking for, we've had it in the past" (what are we looking for and what have we had in the past?)

"we didn't really have any strikers...... er well we had Semenyo.... maybe I should have put him on"

"I've never liked the phrase wake up call because for me that implies the performance state of mind wasn't strong enough in the first place" (wtf)

"our in game management needs to be better" (ha ha ha ha - would love to hear the elaboration of that one)

"running on fumes with no idea"

"simplicity is genius"

and the stunning finale:

"you'll be surprised what will  happen when you do your job extremely well"

Pure unadulterated cliched drivel.

I do not rate LJ in his current position, but I would have to say this dedication and hard work cannot be faulted. He is giving it his all. All managers have strange expressions,. Anyway, LJ does have a great record in football speak, though his team talks are pretty good. Try , if we are only 1 nil down at half time we are in with a chance. I know what he means, but really . 

He needs to go away, reset, study his errors, and work at a higher level behind the scenes and learn his trade. Too much too soon for someone who is dedicated but not an exceptional talent. He has time to come back. A promotion from L1 is just what he needs. Less of the David Brents' tho . 

9 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

I do not rate LJ in his current position, but I would have to say this dedication and hard work cannot be faulted. He is giving it his all. All managers have strange expressions,. Anyway, LJ does have a great record in football speak, though his team talks are pretty good. Try , if we are only 1 nil down at half time we are in with a chance. I know what he means, but really . 

He needs to go away, reset, study his errors, and work at a higher level behind the scenes and learn his trade. Too much too soon for someone who is dedicated but not an exceptional talent. He has time to come back. A promotion from L1 is just what he needs. Less of the David Brents' tho . 

Funny you suggest this. I often think the same, as I feel he’s never had a football philosopher to work with other than his dad (no slight on Gary either).

Imagine how much he’d learn as assistant to Pep or Jurgen.  Give himself a reboot.

I always imagine Southgate asking him to be his assistant but LJ turning it down because he thinks he should be Manager!!

...and he without question believes he is a better manager than his dad. Might understand the tactical side better, but a lot of man-management to improve first. 

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

18/01/2020

"They’re all big goals, listen, we aren’t going to throw the baby out of the bathwater, we know where we need to improve, we know where we need to add and the boys are honest.

That's a good one. The phrase should be 'throw the baby out with the bathwater', meaning to lose something good by trying to get rid of the bad. But I think he's using it to say we won't get ahead of ourselves. 

1 hour ago, freezer said:

It's been nearly a month since the last post. 

Obviously, it's easy to not get pulled up for comments when we're winning. 

I haven't heard any post match comments from tonight's performance. 

Any 'Johnsonisms' of note? 

"There were a couple of individuals performances that I feel very angry about and I'm going to talk to those individuals.".

Not a David Brent that one but wonder who he means.

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

"There were a couple of individuals performances that I feel very angry about and I'm going to talk to those individuals.".

Not a David Brent that one but wonder who he means.

Was angry with two players performances who have been good recently.  Assuming he doesn’t mean Massengo who is just a kid, I think it’s two from Hunt, Weimann and Elliason 

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Was angry with two players performances who have been good recently.  Assuming he doesn’t mean Massengo who is just a kid, I think it’s two from Hunt, Weimann and Elliason 

What do you think he thinks they did wrong?

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

All of them very poor in possession. 

But that's a bit like the other thread on here where Johnson has been called stupid for not winning home games, as though he wants to lose.

They wouldn't be poor on purpose, so getting angry with them would serve no purpose.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

If only he could have done something about them...

Quite.

It's deflection as usual.

I've never heard another manager attempt to pinpoint blame on individual players so much.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

But that's a bit like the other thread on here where Johnson has been called stupid for not winning home games, as though he wants to lose.

They wouldn't be poor on purpose, so getting angry with them would serve no purpose.

Quite.

It's deflection as usual.

I've never heard another manager attempt to pinpoint blame on individual players so much.

So managers shouldn’t get angry with players ?

Archived