IGNORED

Johnsonism's

freezer

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s on a par with early 13/14 under sod.  At least in 16/17 we created chances

Fair points, Dave. I meant overall, that it might be dull but we are still top half of the Championship whereas with sod we were dull and bottom six of L1 (which might be missing the point of the post I replied to earlier. Not sure)

38 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I have to admit I do find that quote a little Trumpian.

"We planned it perfectly. Absolutely perfectly. Nobody plans a game better than me."

Bottom line is you can only say you planned it perfectly if it goes perfectly. If not, things were clearly less than perfect. 

Ha ha ha…if you say it in his voice…

donald-trump.thumb.jpg.c4e1cbdb9298c1b76ee81a802e95546c.jpg

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Was there something up with the pitch at Blackburn because the players seemed to lose their footing a few times?

Everyone is playing in the same conditions and you saw both sets of players slip. We did have a big debate about it, to be honest, because I noticed that not only on the bottom of the feet but on the top of the feet, there was about 85% of our players that had pink on their boots. For someone who's old school in terms of black leather boots, either moulds or traditional rounded studs, it was something that I wanted to question.

For example, I had a conversation with Nakhi Wells who slipped four times in key areas. He hadn't meant to do it but there's a seasoned professional at 30 years of age.

Oh **** off! So the players couldn't stand up properky because they have pink in their boots? I can't listen to this bullshitter anymore, I've had enough, #BlackBootsMatter

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Gazza, in 1991's FA cup final, is an example of a player not at the correct arousal level (too high). 

Diego Maradona used to be over stimulated in games...

Arousal levels in pro sport is not "crap" in the company of fellow coaches, sports science professionals and other associated professionals. 

When talking to your supporters via local media, it is a bit of a nonsense, unless you explain in more detail using more familiar words and terms (he might've done this, I don't know).

This is uncomfortably close to SO'D using coach-speak and referring to "processes and outcomes" when under pressure and asked a simple question on BBC Radio Local about whether he was "up for the fight." The simple answer to which, was, "yes."

2 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Oh **** off! So the players couldn't stand up properky because they have pink in their boots? I can't listen to this bullshitter anymore, I've had enough, #BlackBootsMatter

Just realised that I wrote properly as properky, Perhaps the players were too aroused!

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

Can you just imagine all the sideways looks and raised eyebrows between the players if he comes out with this shit at team talks.

How can you take the bloke seriously and respect him if they’re listening to this stuff?

How anyone can stick up for the David Brent of football is beyond me, his bullshit is embarrassing 

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Arousal levels in pro sport is not "crap" in the company of fellow coaches, sports science professionals and other associated professionals. 

When talking to your supporters via local media, it is a bit of a nonsense, unless you explain in more detail using more familiar words and terms (he might've done this, I don't know).

This is uncomfortably close to SO'D using coach-speak and referring to "processes and outcomes" when under pressure and asked a simple question on BBC Radio Local about whether he was "up for the fight." The simple answer to which, was, "yes."

jkJ1v0.gif

the latest presser he goes back to the old fav " All to play for and fine lines" wtf yeah ok, and what on Sunday? the ref, the players, the weather, they wanted it more, we missed the fans (maybe thats because they werent there :doh:) I think its time to get the box entries out myself;

On Radio Bristol this morning I’m sure he said “...against Sheffield Wednesday we need to attempt to be dangerous...” 

....and from that press conference: “....going into that game the players have got to be even more professional and they are very professional, whether that be stud length going into the game, because we had too many snips going into that game...”

What does that even mean?! 

Archived