IGNORED

Johnsonism's

freezer

Imagine a football club, where a little midget fellow is managing the team. He can't see over the dugout, he's got great big football boots on so he can abuse the 4th official, cos of his little legs.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Lee Johnsons a lovely bloke, but should he be in charge of my football club?

5 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Maybe that's the problem!

Certainly one of them!

If ever there was a club who needed a really experienced, knowledgable football man, it’s us.

You can imagine our coaching team running off all this spiel and football buzzwords at each other and all nodding knowingly, but actually not have a f*****g  clue what they’re talking about.  

That would certainly explain why the players appear to have no idea what they’re supposed to be doing when they get on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Certainly one of them!

If ever there was a club who needed a really experienced, knowledgable football man, it’s us.

You can imagine our coaching team running off all this spiel and football buzzwords at each other and all nodding knowingly, but actually not have a f*****g  clue what they’re talking about.  

That would certainly explain why the players appear to have no idea what they’re supposed to be doing when they get on the pitch.

Any idea why your chairman thinks so highly of him as surely he must be desperate to see his club in the Premiership 

7 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Any idea why your chairman thinks so highly of him as surely he must be desperate to see his club in the Premiership 

A lot of us are asking the same question to be honest.

I think the general concensus is our owner had a really good relationship with  the Johnson family and in particular, Lee’s father, to the point that they both sat together like mates at a press conference when Gary Johnson had been sacked.

Lee Johnson was a player with us at the time and reputedly had a good relationship with the owner.  A lot of supporters had suggested that LJ would eventually come back to the club in some managerial capacity, so it was no surprise when he arrived.

LJ talks a good game and has been given the bright young coach tag, but as you’ll have gathered from this forum, he’s shown precious little evidence of it while he’s been here.

7 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

A lot of us are asking the same question to be honest.

I think the general concensus is our owner had a really good relationship with  the Johnson family and in particular, Lee’s father, to the point that they both sat together like mates at a press conference when Gary Johnson had been sacked.

Lee Johnson was a player with us at the time and reputedly had a good relationship with the owner.  A lot of supporters had suggested that LJ would eventually come back to the club in some managerial capacity, so it was no surprise when he arrived.

LJ talks a good game and has been given the bright young coach tag, but as you’ll have gathered from this forum, he’s shown precious little evidence of it while he’s been here.

Good post 

2 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

People are finally starting to see what we've been saying for god knows how long.

The last 2 years really have been dreadful, and I honestly cannot understand how he is still in a job. 

The real shame is the fact this pandemic will buy him another preseason. I honestly think we were heading for another mid table finish before Covid-19 rocked up...and I truly believe the way we were heading would have made his job untenable 

ironic....Covid-19 will cost thousands of jobs across the country....yet has saved his 

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

That is the truth 

It is a recurring theme of mine....who is LJ’s footballing philosopher?  I can’t see who else it can be other than Gary, he’s not worked for anyone else really.  But I think there is an arrogant streak in him that thinks he is better because he is modern.

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Imagine a football club, where a little midget fellow is managing the team. He can't see over the dugout, he's got great big football boots on so he can abuse the 4th official, cos of his little legs.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Lee Johnsons a lovely bloke, but should he be in charge of my football club?

So what’s a goblin?

Lee seems to over complicate the game for me. With the exception of one or two positions we are as good as anyone player for player.  I think his lack of clear message is confusing the players.  With most managers, tactically the players know what is expected.  Can we say the same about Lee?

football is a simple game but His over reliance of technology seems to be at the expense of old fashioned people skills and tactical nouse

38 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Lee seems to over complicate the game for me. With the exception of one or two positions we are as good as anyone player for player.  I think his lack of clear message is confusing the players.  With most managers, tactically the players know what is expected.  Can we say the same about Lee?

football is a simple game but His over reliance of technology seems to be at the expense of old fashioned people skills and tactical nouse

You seem to be suggesting that LJ doesn’t have tactical nouse or people skills.........:dunno:

Well......look at the Championship table and City are just two points off the top six despite LJ ‘over complicating’ the game. 

As for technology - surely any gadget or training aide (like a drone) are useful tools? I imagine most, if not all Championship clubs take advantage of whatever technology is available.

I remain very meh when it comes to LJ but I do think that he gets way too much criticism. I’d understand it if City were in Boro’s position but we’re not. If we had been threatened with relegation as Boro are then LJ would have been gone by now.

I think the point is RR that many people fell with the support LJ has recieved and the amount and quality of players he has recruited, he should have by now built a squad of players that should be mounting serious promotion challenges every season that we remain in this division. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

You seem to be suggesting that LJ doesn’t have tactical nouse or people skills.........:dunno:

Well......look at the Championship table and City are just two points off the top six despite LJ ‘over complicating’ the game. 

As for technology - surely any gadget or training aide (like a drone) are useful tools? I imagine most, if not all Championship clubs take advantage of whatever technology is available.

I remain very meh when it comes to LJ but I do think that he gets way too much criticism. I’d understand it if City were in Boro’s position but we’re not. If we had been threatened with relegation as Boro are then LJ would have been gone by now.

Yes I do think tactically Lee is lacking.  His in game management lets him down. Without stating the obvious he seems fine when the game plan works but struggles to have an impact when things aren’t going our way 

I don’t doubt technology is a useful tool but I think he see’s it’s use as his own personal USP at the expense of good old man management.  He never puts his hands up to problems and is always having little digs at the players.

I will never understand how Lee was the right appointment for our at the time.  As a manager he had very little experience and limited success and as a player he has had very little exposure to management styles away from his Dad.  This isn’t helped by surrounding himself with people of less experience than he has

I’m certain he’s reached his ceiling, the team was stuttering, the football has been awful and our chance of standing still let alone progressing our league position was looking unlikely.   If it wasn’t for Covid-19 the case for keeping him on in the summer was looking a difficult one to make.

I would be happy with a mid-table finish if we were playing football that is easy on the eye and LJ used up and coming players like Taylor Moore, Liam Walsh, Max O'leary and Joe Morrell for a decent number of games.

The reality is likely to be a continuation of football that is painful to watch despite spending significant sums on expensive loanees and transfer fees who either haven't adapted to Championship football or have had their natural ability stifled by LJ's style of play instructions.  A style that is apparently so complex it needs three months to adapt to.

I'd take mid-table attractive football and bringing through young talented players when we are likely to achieve exactly the same position with over complex tactics and players that are drilled out of expressing themselves and hoof the ball as if they are afraid to make a mistake.  It's  fortunate that the team are still in with an outside chance of the play-offs as the negative goal difference tells its own mid-table story. Negative tactics don't necessarily equate with a solid defence as we have seen. 

27 minutes ago, Ring said:

Professionalism is... and that is what I want.

If someone said to me, what are you? A master tactician or exciting young coach? I’d say, well to me, they’re not mutually exclusive. 

This has got really bad. I’m looking forward to the post match interview and his Johnsonisms more than I am the actual match itself.  

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

If someone said to me, what are you? A master tactician or exciting young coach? I’d say, well to me, they’re not mutually exclusive. 

This has got really bad. I’m looking forward to the post match interview and his Johnsonisms more than I am the actual match itself.  

This is his trusted team, he’s got to be running out of excuses, there’s going to be a couple going under the bus later 

14 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

He simply has to put his hands up and take the flak but he won’t 

On 27/06/2020 at 07:48, Robbored said:

i think today covers most of this!

Archived