Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

freezer

Johnsonism's

7 minutes ago, Jack on off ski said:

Did he really say that??....doesn't surprise me though

Yes he did. This was during the ‘we matched them’ interview. To which we indeed lost 4 nil! 😂

• Haha 2

Trust, encouragement, reward, loyalty... satisfaction. That's what I'm... you know. Trust people and they'll be true to you. Treat them greatly, and they will show themselves to be great

• Like 2

“Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.”

- Lee Johnson, talking on how he scouts the opposition team

“Sometimes I’ll start a sentence, and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.”

- Lee Johnson reveals his approach to team talks

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

- Lee Johnson reflecting on why he isn’t as loved as he feels he ought to be

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Lucan said:

“Sometimes I’ll start a sentence, and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.”

- Lee Johnson reveals his approach to team talks

That was said by Klopp, difference being is that Klopp follows it with common sense.

2 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

That was said by Klopp, difference being is that Klopp follows it with common sense.

If klopp said that he stole it..

Edited by Lucan

43 minutes ago, Lucan said:

If klopp said that he stole it..

Apologies, what Klopp actually said in an interview with The Athletic:

”I only know the first sentence I am not nervous because I don’t know yet the second sentence”.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“...Szmodics has been very consistent, as an individual, as a human and as a trainer ...”

Is this real? 😂😂😂

This thread is brilliant. Archive/classics potential. 

In the wrong mood it could be quite a painful read though.

Edited by BCFC Grim

I think the consensus is that LJ talks baffling BS. Just needs to put down his FA coaching manuals and talk in basic terms, if nothing else so the rest of the squad understand and the performances can improve.

• Like 2

We must play with our identity.
We played without our identity.
Now that’s more like the identity we want.
What I want a Lee Johnson Bristol City identity to be.
Its my team my identity.

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh yes - it’s from 06:16secs here:

My cringeometer doesn’t have go high enough 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Was that David Brent?

It wasn't, but The Golden Globes have enquired as to LJs availability next January. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

A fresh one, describing the transfer window:

"It's like spinning plates. One could fall, or one could... we lift the plate off and put it in our back pocket."

So that's why he was sitting so awkwardly...

6 hours ago, mozo said:

A fresh one, describing the transfer window:

"It's like spinning plates. One could fall, or one could... we lift the plate off and put it in our back pocket."

So that's why he was sitting so awkwardly...

Wouldn’t get one of these in your back pocket.

1905C189-5510-4F91-AE58-E06784E368FE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reading all the comment (I've made some too btw) but I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the bloke now  :laugh:

In all honesty, there isn't a person on earth who doesn't have their own way of talking, and i guess this is just his way after all.

Come on LJ. Let's win the next 2 league games, get that cup tie in the bag, and i promise you can say "If you will" or "D'you know what I mean" as much as you like fella.

Edited by AppyDAZE

On 09/01/2020 at 16:28, AppyDAZE said:

Reading all the comment (I've made some too btw) but I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the bloke now  :laugh:

In all honesty, there isn't a person on earth who doesn't have their own way of talking, and i guess this is just his way after all.

Come on LJ. Let's win the next 2 league games, get that cup tie in the bag, and i promise you can say "If you will" or "D'you know what I mean" as much as you like fella.

How's it looking now? 

The big cup tie has fallen through the bottom of the soggy bag unfortunately. 

"I suppose I'm disappointed" 

Tell me about it Lee. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“I thought we played well for the first 20 minutes until they scored a goal....then they scored again! Huhuhuh’

• Like 1

On 14/01/2020 at 22:33, freezer said:

How's it looking now? 

The big cup tie has fallen through the bottom of the soggy bag unfortunately. 

"I suppose I'm disappointed" 

Tell me about it Lee. 

file under "classics"

Edited by AppyDAZE

On 07/01/2020 at 15:24, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh yes - it’s from 06:16secs here:

So from 6.16 onwards:

"performing well as an individual, human, trainer"

"its an interesting debate" (about his own team selection)

"we failed to tick the championship boxes"

"we know what we're looking for, we've had it in the past" (what are we looking for and what have we had in the past?)

"we didn't really have any strikers...... er well we had Semenyo.... maybe I should have put him on"

"I've never liked the phrase wake up call because for me that implies the performance state of mind wasn't strong enough in the first place" (wtf)

"our in game management needs to be better" (ha ha ha ha - would love to hear the elaboration of that one)

"running on fumes with no idea"

"simplicity is genius"

and the stunning finale:

"you'll be surprised what will  happen when you do your job extremely well"

Pure unadulterated cliched drivel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do not rate LJ in his current position, but I would have to say this dedication and hard work cannot be faulted. He is giving it his all. All managers have strange expressions,. Anyway, LJ does have a great record in football speak, though his team talks are pretty good. Try , if we are only 1 nil down at half time we are in with a chance. I know what he means, but really . 

He needs to go away, reset, study his errors, and work at a higher level behind the scenes and learn his trade. Too much too soon for someone who is dedicated but not an exceptional talent. He has time to come back. A promotion from L1 is just what he needs. Less of the David Brents' tho . 

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

I do not rate LJ in his current position, but I would have to say this dedication and hard work cannot be faulted. He is giving it his all. All managers have strange expressions,. Anyway, LJ does have a great record in football speak, though his team talks are pretty good. Try , if we are only 1 nil down at half time we are in with a chance. I know what he means, but really . 

He needs to go away, reset, study his errors, and work at a higher level behind the scenes and learn his trade. Too much too soon for someone who is dedicated but not an exceptional talent. He has time to come back. A promotion from L1 is just what he needs. Less of the David Brents' tho . 

Funny you suggest this. I often think the same, as I feel he’s never had a football philosopher to work with other than his dad (no slight on Gary either).

Imagine how much he’d learn as assistant to Pep or Jurgen.  Give himself a reboot.

I always imagine Southgate asking him to be his assistant but LJ turning it down because he thinks he should be Manager!!

...and he without question believes he is a better manager than his dad. Might understand the tactical side better, but a lot of man-management to improve first. 

18/01/2020

"They’re all big goals, listen, we aren’t going to throw the baby out of the bathwater, we know where we need to improve, we know where we need to add and the boys are honest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

18/01/2020

"They’re all big goals, listen, we aren’t going to throw the baby out of the bathwater, we know where we need to improve, we know where we need to add and the boys are honest.

That's a good one. The phrase should be 'throw the baby out with the bathwater', meaning to lose something good by trying to get rid of the bad. But I think he's using it to say we won't get ahead of ourselves. 

It's been nearly a month since the last post. 

Obviously, it's easy to not get pulled up for comments when we're winning. 

I haven't heard any post match comments from tonight's performance. 

Any 'Johnsonisms' of note? 

1 hour ago, freezer said:

It's been nearly a month since the last post. 

Obviously, it's easy to not get pulled up for comments when we're winning. 

I haven't heard any post match comments from tonight's performance. 

Any 'Johnsonisms' of note? 

"There were a couple of individuals performances that I feel very angry about and I'm going to talk to those individuals.".

Not a David Brent that one but wonder who he means.

“I suppose I’ve created and atmosphere where I’m a friend first and a boss second. Probably an entertainer third”.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

"There were a couple of individuals performances that I feel very angry about and I'm going to talk to those individuals.".

Not a David Brent that one but wonder who he means.

Was angry with two players performances who have been good recently.  Assuming he doesn’t mean Massengo who is just a kid, I think it’s two from Hunt, Weimann and Elliason 

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Was angry with two players performances who have been good recently.  Assuming he doesn’t mean Massengo who is just a kid, I think it’s two from Hunt, Weimann and Elliason 

What do you think he thinks they did wrong?

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

If only he could have done something about them...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

All of them very poor in possession. 

But that's a bit like the other thread on here where Johnson has been called stupid for not winning home games, as though he wants to lose.

They wouldn't be poor on purpose, so getting angry with them would serve no purpose.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

If only he could have done something about them...

Quite.

It's deflection as usual.

I've never heard another manager attempt to pinpoint blame on individual players so much.