IGNORED

Johnsonism's

freezer

2 hours ago, glen humphries said:

He’s highly rated apparently, for me he’s not even the best coach in his own family 

Agreed!  How awkward did Gary look on the box yesterday?

He’s an amazing self-publicist.  For an manager on course for his 8th season without a play-off or promotion to his name, what exactly are his talents? 

On 08/02/2020 at 14:00, NickJ said:

But that's a bit like the other thread on here where Johnson has been called stupid for not winning home games, as though he wants to lose.

They wouldn't be poor on purpose, so getting angry with them would serve no purpose.

Quite.

It's deflection as usual.

I've never heard another manager attempt to pinpoint blame on individual players so much.

Johnson's a useless deflector.

Pardon my language.

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

He’s an amazing self-publicist.  For an manager on course for his 8th season without a play-off or promotion to his name, what exactly are his talents? 

I’m really struggling to come up with something, he has improved our league position year on year you can’t knock him for that , but the football on show is up there with the worst I’ve seen in a very long time and for a manager who spouts bullshit constantly about how he’s always trying to gain fine margins and win the inches is complete bollucks, I’d have a lot more time for him if he just took some blame for poor performances now and then, he’s comes across totally untrustworthy to me almost like he’ll stich you up to save himself.

17 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

I’m really struggling to come up with something, he has improved our league position year on year you can’t knock him for that , but the football on show is up there with the worst I’ve seen in a very long time and for a manager who spouts bullshit constantly about how he’s always trying to gain fine margins and win the inches is complete bollucks, I’d have a lot more time for him if he just took some blame for poor performances now and then, he’s comes across totally untrustworthy to me almost like he’ll stich you up to save himself.

The problem for Johnson now is that this could very well be the first year that we decline on his watch, both in league position and points total.

That means that any sign of continued decline next season cannot be defended by this argument of continuous improvement. 

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

The problem for Johnson now is that this could very well be the first year that we decline on his watch, both in league position and points total.

That means that any sign of continued decline next season cannot be defended by this argument of continuous improvement. 

Well let's hope Lansdown sticks to his word if we don't improve and does the honourable thing and sacks him

9 hours ago, mozo said:

It’s also a problem for Steve Lansdown. He said the minimum requirement was the playoffs. He will be forced to make a decision. If he sticks with LJ and we continue like this, gates will drop in line with our league position. If he decides on a new coach, who does he pick? God forbid he goes for another promotion from within, as my impression is the whole coaching set up needs a shake up.

I find it very, very strange that he outed Wells for wearing the 'wrong' boots. One of the weirdest spins he's done in his time here imo. Basically every player slipped over as the pitch was so poor, but he's picked out Wells for not having the right professionalism to wear the right boots!?!

On 21/06/2020 at 13:36, glen humphries said:

but the football on show is up there with the worst I’ve seen in a very long time 

It’s nowhere near as bad as:

2016/17  when we set a club record run of consecutive league defeats

2015/16  when we were getting hammered under Cotts and were fighting relegation 

2013    when we were dull, dismal and bottom of the Championship, then bottom of L1 under SO'D

2012/13  losing and being bottom of the table is worse than being dull and between 7th and 10th, trust me

On 21/06/2020 at 12:20, Mendip City said:

Consistency....

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I find it very, very strange that he outed Wells for wearing the 'wrong' boots. One of the weirdest spins he's done in his time here imo. Basically every player slipped over as the pitch was so poor, but he's picked out Wells for not having the right professionalism to wear the right boots!?!

Where has he said that? Haven’t seen those comments 

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It’s nowhere near as bad as:

2016/17  when we set a club record run of consecutive league defeats

2015/16  when we were getting hammered under Cotts and were fighting relegation 

2013    when we were dull, dismal and bottom of the Championship, then bottom of L1 under SO'D

2012/13  losing and being bottom of the table is worse than being dull and between 7th and 10th, trust me

It’s on a par with early 13/14 under sod.  At least in 16/17 we created chances

Two new ones ........Hot off the press..............."There is no hunger in paradise"   and  Speaking about Blackburn Game.... "The only thing i would question from my staff and my teams performance was that the arousal level was almost too high"   What?  No, I don't get it either?   And I really have to add, that when questioned with regard to players slipping over on the Blackburn pitch....he alluded to the fact that 85% (His Figure) of our players had the colour pink on their boots?  Ok?

Was there something up with the pitch at Blackburn because the players seemed to lose their footing a few times?

Everyone is playing in the same conditions and you saw both sets of players slip. We did have a big debate about it, to be honest, because I noticed that not only on the bottom of the feet but on the top of the feet, there was about 85% of our players that had pink on their boots. For someone who's old school in terms of black leather boots, either moulds or traditional rounded studs, it was something that I wanted to question.

For example, I had a conversation with Nakhi Wells who slipped four times in key areas. He hadn't meant to do it but there's a seasoned professional at 30 years of age.

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Two new ones ........Hot off the press..............."There is no hunger in paradise"   and  Speaking about Blackburn Game.... "The only thing i would question from my staff and my teams performance was that the arousal level was almost too high"   What?  No, I don't get it either?

I believe we should appoint a foreign coach who is able to speak English fluently.

Because it's gibberish that we get from someone born in East Anglia!

Archived