IGNORED

FA Cup 4th Round Draw: City or Shrewsbury v Liverpool (Live on BBC1)

Never to the dark side

3 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Could be an anti climax , Liverpool kids no ones heard of and on a Sunday.  Renowned for no atmosphere!

Think fans could- no should- be able to rouse themselves for a game like this, possibly in front of the cameras- Sunday or not.

Let's face it if we ever reach the PL, we'll have to get used to Sunday games...see why it's an excuse but atmosphere wise I don't think it's the be all and end all (not a fan however).

4 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

September 1979, we played Forest in the old 1st division. On my birthday. 1:1. And again in the league cup a few weeks later. 

I wondered if it would be Forest. Thanks for posting. Must be a rarity for us. Don't imagine it's happened often. 

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The lesser European competition I know, but weren't Man Utd the Europa League champions when we beat them?

Yes they were. Zlatans last goal for them was against us. 

The only downside is that this game will be on a Sunday.

Liverpool have a game on the Thursday prior to the FA cup weekend. Then they have a game on the Wednesday the week after, so it won’t be on the Monday night either.

Way we are playing, we won't beat Shrewsbury. 

Which, you would expect a lot of (football) fans to know, certainly on current form.

I have had already had 3 plastic Liverpool fans bell me to say, 'seen the draw? You should beat Shrewsbury'.

Which has been met with me going off on one about just how poorly we are playing, our lack of striking options and ending the calls with, if you were trying to find out if I might be able to get you a ticket, suggest you tap up your Shrewsbury mates first.

2 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Could be an anti climax , Liverpool kids no ones heard of and on a Sunday.  Renowned for no atmosphere!

Seeing that the Wolves game is Thursday 20:00, even if Bears moved fixture, Liverpool might not agree to Saturday due to 48 hour rule.  That World Club cup rearrangement of the West Ham game means Monday out too.

2 minutes ago, Oops said:

Absolute nightmare scenario ?‍♂️

Genuinely hope Shrewsbury win the replay.

Can’t paper over the cracks with a plum cup draw I’m afraid ?‍♂️

Nonsense. 

If you can’t get excited about a huge FA Cup draw then it’s time to call it a day and find another hobby. 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Where’d you get that 18k figure from Tom? Didn’t realise it had got that high.

It’s about 14k, but Bears / Members will take it to a v.large number.

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I was sat in the Dolman, down that end, the East End end. I was a young 'un. I wish someone had said: "It won't always be like this."

I was in the away end, saw it all the way 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Way we are playing, we won't beat Shrewsbury. 

Which, you would expect a lot of (football) fans to know, certainly on current form.

I have had already had 3 plastic Liverpool fans bell me to say, 'seen the draw? You should beat Shrewsbury'.

Which has been met with me going off on one about just how poorly we are playing, our lack of striking options and ending the calls with, if you were trying to find out if I might be able to get you a ticket, suggest you tap up your Shrewsbury mates first.

I get the negativity but only thing I’d say is that this team does seem to look much better on the road.

Just got the first text from an 'old friend' enquiring about tickets. When this happened in 2017 for the Man U game I offered to meet them at our next away game, Sunderland, to discuss. Strangely they couldn't make it. 

On this occasion though, I'm inclined to refer them directly to the Shrewsbury Town away tickets page. 

Archived