IGNORED

FA Cup 4th Round Draw: City or Shrewsbury v Liverpool (Live on BBC1)

Never to the dark side

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Jimmy Mann 85 yarder past Shilton? ?

I remember that well. I thought we lost 3-1 on the day, but it was 40 odd years ago so who knows. I do know my brothers mate was behind the schoolboys enclosure hunting down an errant 2p piece at the time, and missed it!

27 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

So all those moaning buggers who have been saying how crap the football has been at Ashton Gate will now be desperately scrabbling for tickets, assuming that we get past Shrewsbury!

To watch Liverpool......

27 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

So all those moaning buggers who have been saying how crap the football has been at Ashton Gate will now be desperately scrabbling for tickets, assuming that we get past Shrewsbury!

I'm a moaning bugger and ST holder. I wont be going but happy to buy a ticket and sell at face value to a non plastic but I think Liverpool will be going to Shrewsbury next round and not BS3

I never understand the anger towards less regular fans who would want a ticket for such a match. Of course the best club side in the world are going to be a touch more exciting to go and see than Shrewsbury at home and so the demand for tickets will rise accordingly. It’s an occasion, a potentially a huge upset, tinged with history, a free hit and the atmosphere will be amazing. Why wouldn’t anyone with more than a passing interest not want to be there?

It’s like bemoaning that there’s oddly more demand to watch athletics at the Olympics than there is at Yate Outdoor Sports Complex. 

Just as a complete aside....

IF (and it's a massive IF) we were to beat Shrewsbury, and the IF we were to get a win against the next side faced in the FA Cup, would the chant...

And it's Bristol City;

Bristol City FC

They're by far, the greatest team, the world has even seen....

ACTUALLY be true?

Meanwhile, my Unicorn needs watering. As you were.

2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

I never understand the anger towards less regular fans who would want a ticket for such a match. Of course the best club side in the world are going to be a touch more exciting to go and see than Shrewsbury at home and so the demand for tickets will rise accordingly. It’s an occasion, a potentially a huge upset, tinged with history, a free hit and the atmosphere will be amazing. Why wouldn’t anyone with more than a passing interest not want to be there?

It’s like bemoaning that there’s oddly more demand to watch athletics at the Olympics than there is at Yate Outdoor Sports Complex. 

I don't think anyone has an issue with less regular fans trying to get tickets. We all know plenty of people who got to a handful of matches a season but can't commit to an ST. It's more the Bristol-living fans of Liverpool who'll suddenly be asking for tickets that wind people up.

Personally I'd give ST's priority, then anyone with a proof of purchase for Shrewsbury at home, then members, etc.

17 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Great believer in "chaos theory "  , had we won, we might not have drawn them..........butterfly beats it's wings in Africa, yadda, yadda .

6 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Just had the same conversation here, we would have got something like Hull away had we won on Saturday.

Win or draw against Shrewsbury, we would always have been ball number 13.

2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

It’s the pretence that you’re a city fan that’s wrong. You won’t come and pay to watch city, but you’ll cut off your own testicles to purloin 2 tickets for you and 7 year old Hugo who loves Bath Rugby and Liverpool FC.*

*Hypothetical scenario obviously 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just as a complete aside....

IF (and it's a massive IF) we were to beat Shrewsbury, and the IF we were to get a win against the next side faced in the FA Cup, would the chant...

And it's Bristol City;

Bristol City FC

They're by far, the greatest team, the world has even seen....

ACTUALLY be true?

Meanwhile, my Unicorn needs watering. As you were.

That song has always made me cringe a little inside tbh 

Their kids were absolutely superb yesterday, I think people are forgetting that.

IF we beat the Shrews (can't see it at the moment), their kids would still rip us to bits as they did a full strength Everton side.

Will I go? As I don't generally attend FA cup matches, it would be hypocritical to attend so I'll probably let my dad's old mate have my ticket IF we get through and watch it on the tele.

36 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

What happened to success breeds success ? We need something to get our momentum back for a strong finish in the league and this might just be it to get both the team and the fans going.

Does anyone actually believe Klopp would do anything other than let his under 9s rip us a new one If we beat Shrewsbury? I think it might actually put pressure on our players. 

46 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

If they are SC holders fair play to them as they have been watching said crap after having shelled out hundreds of pounds. 

41 minutes ago, Super said:

From liverpool forum

They’ve lost a few of their better players since then. Saw them earlier in the season and they were shite. They do t really have much creativity or pace. They have a big lump of a centre forward and Ashley Williams at the back. Kasey Palmer once of Chelsea is their most creative player. They do have Andreas Weimann so we’ll have to score two to win though, that ****** always scored against us!

Yes, and last time we had a bloke who only had a left leg!!!!

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Their kids were absolutely superb yesterday, I think people are forgetting that.

IF we beat the Shrews (can't see it at the moment), their kids would still rip us to bits as they did a full strength Everton side.

Will I go? As I don't generally attend FA cup matches, it would be hypocritical to attend so I'll probably let my dad's old mate have my ticket IF we get through and watch it on the tele.

Spot on, having watched them outplay a full strength Everton side if we still have LJ setting the tactics (sic) they will run riot against us.

3 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Yes, and last time we had a bloke who only had a left leg!!!!

To be fair RT (and I was at all 3 matches in '94), what they've said there is probably correct. Barring a few exceptions, we haven't been very good this season. This isn't a 'beat up Johnson' post BTW, just my honest opinion. 

23 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I'm a moaning bugger and ST holder. I wont be going but happy to buy a ticket and sell at face value to a non plastic but I think Liverpool will be going to Shrewsbury next round and not BS3

Unless you can't make it, I think you would be silly to miss the possibility of another "Leeds" or "Liverpool" shock, even if it is unlikely. (assuming we get past Shrewsbury)

13 minutes ago, Oops said:

It’s the pretence that you’re a city fan that’s wrong. You won’t come and pay to watch city, but you’ll cut off your own testicles to purloin 2 tickets for you and 7 year old Hugo who loves Bath Rugby and Liverpool FC.*

*Hypothetical scenario obviously 

Fair enough, I get that. I think the club do a decent job on the whole of prioritising tickets for non-regulars (myself included) with the membership and games attended taken into account. 

*Anyway, my son is called Quentin and we needn’t worry about the Bath tickets as the Nanny’s father has a corporate box ?

Archived