IGNORED

FA Cup 4th Round Draw: City or Shrewsbury v Liverpool (Live on BBC1)

Never to the dark side

16 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Does anyone actually believe Klopp would do anything other than let his under 9s rip us a new one If we beat Shrewsbury? I think it might actually put pressure on our players. 

He'll give the kids a rest, and send out Mabel the tea lady, Doris from the canteen and her 2 grandsons Keanu and Taylor, Eric and Trevor from the Kop turnstiles, Stan who used to carry out the metal numbers for the HT scores and still hangs around Anfield for some inexplicable reason, Derek who cleans the team coach, Sandra from the Megastore, Sue who still cleans the reserve team training kit at Melwood and Bob who used to walk up and down the Anfield Road in the 1970s on matchdays wearing a sandwich board reading "The End Is Nigh". The subs will be selected in a random draw from applications from the Asian Supporters club, packages from GBP999 including 2 nights at the Britannia Adelphi, stadium tour and 2-course meal pre-match in the Torben Piechnik suite.   

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair RT (and I was at all 3 matches in '94), what they've said there is probably correct. Barring a few exceptions, we haven't been very good this season. This isn't a 'beat up Johnson' post BTW, just my honest opinion. 

Can't disagree, but this is the cup!

I'll never forget Leeds!!!

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Spot on, having watched them outplay a full strength Everton side if we still have LJ setting the tactics (sic) they will run riot against us.

First half Everton should of been 2 or 3 up. Liverpool looked like a team who hadn’t played together.

2nd half they were a lot better and were better side 2nd half. 

30 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Win or draw against Shrewsbury, we would always have been ball number 13.

Yes, but would it have been drawn just before Liverpool? Well never know. The only definate thing in this world is what HAS happened, is my point . (bit deep for a Monday night, I know, existential debate :shifty:)

edit, didn't you attend Miss Taylor's String Theory lectures ?

Here's hoping Johnson gets bounced before this game if we can get past the shrews first.

We'll become a worldwide embarrassment and laughing stock if the side trotts out the kind of display we have to put up with week in week out at home!! Then again, most people are asleep in front of the tv on a sunday afternoon, so hopefully won't notice.

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

The only definate thing in this world is what HAS happened,

Descartes might argue the toss.

As we know Slarti despite our elephantine memorys what we recall happening years back and what happened are often entirely different.....

1 hour ago, Super said:

From liverpool forum

They’ve lost a few of their better players since then. Saw them earlier in the season and they were shite. They do t really have much creativity or pace. They have a big lump of a centre forward and Ashley Williams at the back. Kasey Palmer once of Chelsea is their most creative player. They do have Andreas Weimann so we’ll have to score two to win though, that ****** always scored against us!

Blimey if they thought were shite earlier in the season they're in for a surprise! ???

56 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don't think anyone has an issue with less regular fans trying to get tickets. We all know plenty of people who got to a handful of matches a season but can't commit to an ST. It's more the Bristol-living fans of Liverpool who'll suddenly be asking for tickets that wind people up.

Personally I'd give ST's priority, then anyone with a proof of purchase for Shrewsbury at home, then members, etc.

Members like myself pay for priority ticketing so I don’t think the Shrewsbury game should get special treatment. Personally I thought the tiered system used for the United and City games, based on total number of games attended, was about as fair as these things can be.

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

Sod's law we beat Shrewsbury and give Liverpool a good game on national TV and Johnson sticks around a lot longer than a lot of people would like 

So you would rather us lose?

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Members like myself pay for priority ticketing so I don’t think the Shrewsbury game should get special treatment. Personally I thought the tiered system used for the United and City games, based on total number of games attended, was about as fair as these things can be.

Fine, lump Shrewsbury buyer's in with the members then. I do think there should be some reward for people who turn up to an unglamorous tie before they know the potential reward in the next round. Plus, if you set some sort of precedent for that kind of reward, you might find a small increase in 3rd round attendance in the future.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fine, lump Shrewsbury buyer's in with the members then. I do think there should be some reward for people who turn up to an unglamorous tie before they know the potential reward in the next round. Plus, if you set some sort of precedent for that kind of reward, you might find a small increase in 3rd round attendance in the future.

Yes, fair enough. In fact it might be an idea for the future to say that tickets will give priority for the next round, for unglamorous games like Shrewsbury.

The banana skin has just got enormous for Lee. Lose away to Shrewsbury would be bad enough but to miss  out on a home tie to Liverpool catastrophic. Especially for SL and the chance to fill up the coffers a little bit. Also presume tthe cameras would be  down as it is Liverpool which would be more money.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don't think anyone has an issue with less regular fans trying to get tickets. We all know plenty of people who got to a handful of matches a season but can't commit to an ST. It's more the Bristol-living fans of Liverpool who'll suddenly be asking for tickets that wind people up.

Personally I'd give ST's priority, then anyone with a proof of purchase for Shrewsbury at home, then members, etc.

If they ask for tickets to "the Bristol game" direct them to the Bears website. Plenty available there.

40 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

You mean "Da Shit never took the Tote" syndrome ?

No, I mean Slarti you possibly recall treading The Tote 'stylishly attired' when the photos (should they still exist) doubtless reveal the reality of a penchant for khaki and cream hip-huggers and rainbow striped two in one sweater pullover..... 

Thank Christ reality doesn't exist ...

2 hours ago, Super said:

From liverpool forum

They’ve lost a few of their better players since then. Saw them earlier in the season and they were shite. They do t really have much creativity or pace. They have a big lump of a centre forward and Ashley Williams at the back. Kasey Palmer once of Chelsea is their most creative player. They do have Andreas Weimann so we’ll have to score two to win though, that ****** always scored against us!

Absolutely nailed it tbf.

Couldn’t have described us better myself!!!! And he’s only seen one game!!

Archived