IGNORED

FA Cup 4th Round Draw: City or Shrewsbury v Liverpool (Live on BBC1)

Never to the dark side

27 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Might be one of the only ones not as excited for this game. Klopp will play the U23 and at best it will be Mane on the bench. Will be exciting to see Klopp however as he is a very likeable bloke and an incredible manager.

LJ can put a nice bottle of ‘ Blue Nun ‘ in the fridge for after the match . 

8 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Interererting that in the Shrews forum there is the same amount of pesemism & cynicism

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99848/dream-draw?page=1

Football fans eh? 

No, no. We are uniquely bad and terrible as a group of fans, quite unlike any other supporters anywhere else. Ever.

8 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

As a few have mentioned on here, IF we do get past Shrewsbury the Liverpool game will definitely be on the Sunday as they have League fixtures on Thursday before and Wednesday after. They will also clearly play an even younger/less experienced team in the fixture than they played against Everton in view of the close proximity of the League games which will definitely take the shine off the cup game.

Hopefully they'll be 18/20 points clear at the top of the league and won't mind including the odd 1st team player. 

With all the talk of LJ’s future on the agenda and whilst I think he will be judged at the end of the season I also think Steve Lansdown will EXPECT us to be getting through with the national attention you get for playing Liverpool.

Put another way if I gave someone £30m of my money to spend and they can’t turn Shrewsbury over in a winner takes all game (no given in any way but the point stands) then that would make me question the credentials and credibility of the recipient of that money big time.

This replay is as much a threat to LJ as it is an opportunity.

10 hours ago, Redtucks said:

It may be a glamorous game, but what makes them think that the football won't still be shite?

:dunno:

Oh it probably would be - but I was thinking more of the chance to marvel at the entertainment dished out by the away side - best team in the world, as their supporters never stop saying these days ....

10 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I am Praying to Zeus that we win the cup replay; City v Liverpool will be a tremendous game.

Not only the match itself, but also the chance to see Klopp (surely best manager in the world at present) at Ashton Gate.

I don't support Liverpool, only City, but still shrieked with wild excitement when Liverpool were called out. 

If we don't beat the Shrews now, then I will go truly berserk. 

You're a bit behind the times praying to Zeus. Haven't you heard that since the Romans took over we have to call him Jupiter now!

2 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Might be one of the only ones not as excited for this game. Klopp will play the U23 and at best it will be Mane on the bench. Will be exciting to see Klopp however as he is a very likeable bloke and an incredible manager.

So what if they do? It's still Liverpool in a 1st team competition managed by Klopp. If they wanna play their kids, then great, gives us a slight chance to beat the current European and World Champions!

When was the last time we actually got the team that's top of the table and European and World Champions in the Fa Cup? Especially at home? Were Bristol City, we dont get cup draws like this! 

39 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

With all the talk of LJ’s future on the agenda and whilst I think he will be judged at the end of the season I also think Steve Lansdown will EXPECT us to be getting through with the national attention you get for playing Liverpool.

Put another way if I gave someone £30m of my money to spend and they can’t turn Shrewsbury over in a winner takes all game (no given in any way but the point stands) then that would make me question the credentials and credibility of the recipient of that money big time.

This replay is as much a threat to LJ as it is an opportunity.

I was thinking about that earlier, it's probably put an extra bit of pressure on LJ (if there ever is any)

Bet they're already pissed off that we even have to play Shrewsbury again and can't get memberships on sale with Liverpool priority as the incentive to sell a load just like they did when we got United.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

He hasn’t though. Eliasson creates more than Palmer all day long. You don’t even need stats to notice that.

Pedantic. Generally speaking, he's spot on IMO based on the one game he watched - when Eliasson probably didn't even play..

6 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

If we beat Shrewsbury and somehow manage to beat Liverpool,Will Liverpool sack Klopp like they did Souness,?

Well people wanted LJ sacked for drawing against Shrewsbury because apparently cup upsets dont happen, so if we beat or draw against Liverpool, using their own logic, Klopp has to go. Simple as that.

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

So you would rather us lose?

No. My point is that a large percentage of our fans appear to think its time for a management change. If we do get to play Liverpool and play well and our league form continues to nosedive it will only make the argument more intense. I don't think we'll get past Shrewsbury personally

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Oh please let me moan? I havent been since the Eastend got chopped, :sad26:but see every live game televised and see all the highlights on TV/NET, while following minute by minute texts  and on TV and this forum.

A change of manager and a safe standing South Stand will be the only things that get me back to the gate in person. Neither likely to happen anytime soon, BUT attending hundreds of away games and many more at home gives me still, a right to moan......yeah?

Of course it does!................................you moaning git!!!!

:innocent06:

U23 Liverpool team (likely), half and half scarves (still proudly worn around The Gate long after the game - and that's just the dads flaunting their "other" team*), our head coach researching Klopp's favourite beer and sausage, etc. Yes, moaning old g*t, but the proper tie was in 1994. Of course I'll be there, but I won't get at all excited until I see the team sheet. Their team sheet. Er, that is if we beat Shrewsbury that is!

* You can still see the Man City ones. Makes a mild mannered man think violent thoughts.

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

You're a bit behind the times praying to Zeus. Haven't you heard that since the Romans took over we have to call him Jupiter now!

By the Beard of Jupiter, now I've heard it all.  I'm off to the summit of Mount Olympus to reflect upon this shocking revelation.

13 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Or you could do as I and don your old man's work attire - the Donkey Jacket never went out of fashion......

Your'e right, my wife asked me for an animal skin coat this Christmas, so I bought her a Donkey jacket, Boom Boom, Mr Derek!!!!

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Well people wanted LJ sacked for drawing against Shrewsbury because apparently cup upsets dont happen, so if we beat or draw against Liverpool, using their own logic, Klopp has to go. Simple as that.

To be fair, if we were running away with the league like Liverpool I wouldn't have too many complaints if Shrewsbury had knackered us 6-0.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

So what if they do? It's still Liverpool in a 1st team competition managed by Klopp. If they wanna play their kids, then great, gives us a slight chance to beat the current European and World Champions!

When was the last time we actually got the team that's top of the table and European and World Champions in the Fa Cup? Especially at home? Were Bristol City, we dont get cup draws like this! 

You couldn't make it up.....posters on here complaining before and after 3rd round draw that the same clubs seem to get the plum ties.....when we draw Liverpool out of the hat there are nothing but complaints about facing Liverpools U.19's. So which is it, Poor draw or plum draw ?        

I know which one I would prefer.

I fondly remember watching a 17/18 yr old Michael Owen scoring at the East End for Liverpool and a young Shearer playing (and scoring?) for Southampton.....oh and what about those youngsters Fergie played in an end of season Testimonial for Chris Garland, they didn't turn out too bad.

Personally I would love to see the Liverpool kids with a sprinkling of fringe first teamers....you never know we may even do a Villa on them.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

That's just bloody silly. Nobody wants LJ sacked off the back of one FA Cup tie, so why dress it up like that?

Painting the opposing view in the extreme colours you perceive does little to help your own arguments. 

16 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, but would it have been drawn just before Liverpool? Well never know. The only definate thing in this world is what HAS happened, is my point . (bit deep for a Monday night, I know, existential debate :shifty:

edit, didn't you attend Miss Taylor's String Theory lectures ?

Ah, I get you now; the 'Sod's Law' theory.

Re. Miss Taylor, I only attended her English classes, paying particular attention to spelling ?.

Archived