IGNORED

FA Cup 4th Round Draw: City or Shrewsbury v Liverpool (Live on BBC1)

Never to the dark side

• Admin
21 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

The last time we were on national terrestrial tv on a Sunday was v West Ham in the 4th Round of the cup in 2015. The match was selected as Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City at home to the Premier League team, so we had first to dispose of Donny in a replay to get our tv date. We did so by 2-0. So this bodes well for the Shrewsbury replay (albeit the Doncaster replay was at home).

and what an awful game that was too that night !

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

and what an awful game that was too that night !

The game they had to bring their bubble machine with them wasn't it, as the BBC thought it would look good?

Personally I still think we should have told them to foxtrot oscar.

You're right, it was a bloody awful game.

1 minute ago, fanjita said:

Not sure what time the Nottingham Forest league cup semi final was,,definitely a Sunday and atrocious weather conditions if I remember.

Ah the good old inflatable bananas! Thought that was early afternoon def a sunday though.

34 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

The last time we were on national terrestrial tv on a Sunday was v West Ham in the 4th Round of the cup in 2015. The match was selected as Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City at home to the Premier League team, so we had first to dispose of Donny in a replay to get our tv date. We did so by 2-0. So this bodes well for the Shrewsbury replay (albeit the Doncaster replay was at home).

Oh god, remember that campaign they had about waving your scarf around when the side came out?

If we get through, I hope they come up with something better.

*makes paperplane out of invisible food vouchers*

On 07/01/2020 at 23:30, Nogbad the Bad said:

Leeds were unbeaten in the league after 29 games.

The ko must have been earlier than 3pm (1.30?), it had to be over before dusk.

47k crowd, including me.

Most memorable City game ever.

A 2pm kick off.

Five of us, including my Dad, first wife at her first ever football match, arrived at Elland Road at 1.20. We bought five seats together in the stand that was later replaced by the 17,000 seat monster.

Wife asked me what had happened when Donnie scored. Pandemonium everywhere with City fans celebrating.

What a day! On a par with away wins at Arsenal, WBA in 76, Liverpool Tottenham, West Hamand Man U with Kevin Mabbutts hat trick.

Such memories and that is why I want to see us up there with the big clubs. Not because I'm an old git!

Take note Spudski.

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Same for me, then again, with time difference it's a noon KO here.

@ExiledAjax, see you at Fidels assuming the replay is kind to us?

Maybe mate. Mum and Dad are visiting that weekend but I should be able to persuade Dad to come down to Fidel's whilst the Mrs distracts my mum for a couple of hours.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

IF- and it's a big IF, but if we can beat Shrewsbury in the replay.

Let's hope for a proper atmosphere for this one, especially if in front of the cameras. Sunday is annoying but let's raise it- another big match, a big match atmosphere should be the aim.

Sunday 5pm. That's a lot of time in the pub. Either people will be lairy by then, or nodding off. Fine lines.......

2 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Sunday 5pm. That's a lot of time in the pub. Either people will be lairy by then, or nodding off. Fine lines.......

This is true.

5.30pm kickoff on a Saturday we know is usually a good one but Sunday, feels different somehow- work the next day, less drinking time in that sense...different mindset necessary.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

My normal Sunday see's that time being around tipping from being sensible to lets do karaoke somewhere

Archived