Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Never to the dark side

FA Cup 4th Round Draw: City or Shrewsbury v Liverpool (Live on BBC1)

11 minutes ago, kivsy said:

It will be one of those moments we look back on “if we’d have beaten Shrewsbury we could have played Liverpool moments “ 😀

Happened in 2008, fairly sure!

Lost to Crewe in Carling Cup then they drew them at Anfield.

Wow though, Liverpool- should we win the replay- at home!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Likely to be Sunday 26th. Liverpool vs Wolves on Thursday 23rd and they are playing WHU on Wed 29th Jan.

Well there's a Rugby game on 25th (just checked) so yes, would make sense!

10 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Mane, Salah & Firmino against our defence - ffs what a joke

Well we didn't do too badly against the then champions Man City did we.

14 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Couldn’t care less and the very  last thing we need 

Using your logic you must have absolutely hated Korey’s winner, though of course you didn’t see it because you weren’t interested.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

65E99D67-B00D-4C89-9101-6C8B14B2A552.thumb.jpeg.ce9de6f4a4e0046af6db74fbfb0aadf5.jpeg

it won’t be Saturday, unlikely to be Friday night due to short turnaround.

Sunday I’m in Brum for Flyers BBL Cup final.

Arghhhhhhhh!

Could be Monday night game......hopefully.

Bound to be Sunday:

EA651806-6668-40C5-957C-D8D56A6E8C9E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

A new load of "friends" asking if I can get tickets...

Man U all over again.

No I ******* can't and if I could I wouldn't.

Tell em to **** off. 

• Like 2

Sorry if it has been asked above, but when was the last time we played the champions league / European Cup holders? 

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Anybody know how many members we have? think we have 14,000 season ticket holders which leaves about 10,000 up for grabs.

Then members next, then Bears SC holders before general sale

7 minutes ago, Oops said:

Eagerly awaiting Johnson’s waffling response 😬

"We've got to really focus on the Wigan match this weekend and then we go to Shrewsbury with every chance of competing and fighting to get the big home draw that everybody loves."

At least we can't accuse him of hubris.

looking at liverpools fixtures wolves on the 23rd and west ham on the 29th if we win at shrewsbury i think you will be lucky to see any first teamers in the liverpool side

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Anybody know how many members we have? think we have 14,000 season ticket holders which leaves about 10,000 up for grabs.

An interesting question. I imagine they would do tiered sales for members based on the number of matches attended this season, as per the United/Man City games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Happened in 2008, fairly sure!

Lost to Crewe in Carling Cup then they drew them at Anfield.

Wow though, Liverpool- should we win the replay- at home!

In 1994 we'd have been away at Man Utd in the quarter final if we'd beaten Charlton in the replay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

If we get through (Big IF) then I'd like to think that some priority for tickets should be given to those who turned up on Saturday. 

After season ticket holders there should be plenty left for those non-St holders that turned up Saturday. 

Good idea. 

How many members have we got though? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Bears SC and City members are effectively the same thing.

Bears SC holders? What a joke. 

• Like 2
  • Rovers 1

3 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Sorry if it has been asked above, but when was the last time we played the champions league / European Cup holders? 

The lesser European competition I know, but weren't Man Utd the Europa League champions when we beat them?

Record attendance at the Gate  since redevelopment ? Give the full Atyeo to Liverpool fans or preferably open up the Atyeo  to 1,000 home fans as we did for the Man Utd game. Great to see 27,000 at the Gate .

No point in having any wasted capacity for this game.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Using your logic you must have absolutely hated Korey’s winner, though of course you didn’t see it because you weren’t interested.

No I loved it, at that time we were flying in the league and playing some scintillating football. 

A hammering against Liverpool’s youth team and the media circus that it will bring, can’t be bothered with it. Just feels like it will play as a welcome distraction from bad results and they’ll get away with them as long as we scrape a win against Shrews. Nothing against fellow fans enjoying it but it’s not for me. I can’t buy the angle that it will give players an incentive to find form either, we were 4th in the league a few weeks ago and that should have been all the incentive we needed to keep playing well, not a circus cup tie against Liverpool’s academy. 

Jumping the gun but should we sneak through expect Klopp to learn from WeeLee and give his first team squad 3 days off that weekend.

Be good to see the kids though, as per that time the young Owen tore us to shreds pre season.

Good evening fellow Bristol Robins fans. Massive fan here. Always get down to Aston to watch the boys from the home stand. Can't wait to cheer on Les Johnson's boys against the mighty Liverpool.

Asking for a friend who's not been to our stadium for a while if anyone has a ticket for the game? 

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Haha 2

Not many will get to general sale imho.  All those SC holders who bought Adult + Child (but don’t use) will be being swamped by friends at this very minute!!!

1 minute ago, Marlborough Red said:

Record attendance at the Gate  since redevelopment ? Give the full Atyeo to Liverpool fans or preferably open up the Atyeo  to 1,000 home fans as we did for the Man Utd game. Great to see 27,000 at the Gate .

No point in having any wasted capacity for this game.

I hope we do this...surely helps the atmosphere. Think we did it for the Man City game too?

5 minutes ago, The Batman said:

September 1979, we played Forest in the old 1st division. On my birthday. 1:1. And again in the league cup a few weeks later.