IGNORED

Three City fans on Sound of the City

Never to the dark side

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Everyone's favourite, Bristol Boy, wondering if Walsh and Morrell would be better options than Massengo and Nagy.

It’s a reasonable point, I think both Walsh and Morrell have lots of talent. I would probably persevere with Massengo and Nagy with the former on loan for the time being though.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s a reasonable point, I think both Walsh and Morrell have lots of talent. I would probably persevere with Massengo and Nagy with the former on loan for the time being though.

I don't think LJ is getting the best out of Massengo or Nagy though..how he sets up doesn't help a number of our players and hasn't for a while.

They've certainly regressed since August and early Autumn, that's for sure.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't think LJ is getting the best out of Massengo or Nagy though..how he sets up doesn't help a number of our players and hasn't for a while.

They've certainly regressed since August and early Autumn, that's for sure.

I think that’s right at the moment. Think all 4 are very talented in their own right.. I predict Morrell will make it here. He seems to have a winning mentality. Think Walsh does too, but not sure he’ll ever be given the chance.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think that’s right at the moment. Think all 4 are very talented in their own right.. I predict Morrell will make it here. He seems to have a winning mentality. Think Walsh does too, but not sure he’ll ever be given the chance.

I think we should have all 4 tbh plus Brownhill and Smith if we're still at this level next season- only reservation about Smith is will he ever be the same player again after his recurring injuries, but that aside wouldn't mind that at all...

Walsh seems best suited to a 3 from what I've seen, Morrell possibly a little more versatile- Walsh did get a goal and assist at QPR in the Cup, but also played his part in one of their goals IIRC- but play him in a '2' and that risk is increased.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Everyone's favourite, Bristol Boy, wondering if Walsh and Morrell would be better options than Massengo and Nagy.

It seems to me that we have a vacancy for a power house beast of a midfielder, none of these could be described as such, and the closest we have is korey who is still on the way back from his bad injury. Brownhill is better offensively, with nagy as the ball player. 

this situation, along with the huge amount of number 10 type players weve signed is a major reason why the squad is so imbalanced - none of them are really able to physically dominate if we need them to

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

It seems to me that we have a vacancy for a power house beast of a midfielder, none of these could be described as such, and the closest we have is korey who is still on the way back from his bad injury. Brownhill is better offensively, with nagy as the ball player. 

this situation, along with the huge amount of number 10 type players weve signed is a major reason why the squad is so imbalanced - none of them are really able to physically dominate if we need them to

Think Rowe could do a job defensively- his defensive metrics are actually very decent.

Played centrally in a 3 with more of a defensive brief in his best position, yet not bad technically either- even more so...could be worth a go.

Saw a set of stats that suggested that though he only averages 0.9 tackles per game, he also averages 3 clearances, 2.4 Interceptions and 4.4 Recoveries per game! Unsure when they were made up to.

That is pretty good...centrally he'll be more comfortable, the mix of Interceptions, clearances and Recoveries shows he can defend in a number of ways, and his experience, age and nous...he'll bring a bit of that.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think Rowe could do a job defensively- his defensive metrics are actually very decent.

Played centrally in a 3 with more of a defensive brief in his best position, yet not bad technically either- even more so...could be worth a go.

Hes done well for us when dasilva was out, but im really not convinced hes of sufficient quality to play defensive midfielder for a team with aspirations in the top half of the championship.

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Yep, hence the reply we need a physical Marvin Elliot type.

Morrell with his battling qualities and Walsh with his creativity may be a better bet than Massengo and Nagy who are both well off form.

That's assuming Walsh and Morrell play as well in an LJ team, with his instructions, as they are clearly capable of doing.

Nagy and Massengo obviously far better than they're showing. Why is that?

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Hes done well for us when dasilva was out, but im really not convinced hes of sufficient quality to play defensive midfielder for a team with aspirations in the top half of the championship.

In a 3 though...depends how you set up the side too I guess.

I'd happily hazard a guess that he has the best defensive numbers this season of any of our CMs.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, hence the reply we need a physical Marvin Elliot type.

Morrell with his battling qualities and Walsh with his creativity may be a better bet than Massengo and Nagy who are both well off form.

That's assuming Walsh and Morrell play as well in an LJ team, with his instructions, as they are clearly capable of doing.

Nagy and Massengo obviously far better than they're showing. Why is that?

Nagy and massengo can do defensive stuff but their main asset is their play with the ball. Either of them would benefit from someone like kalifa cisse behind them doing the defensive covering

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Nagy and massengo can do defensive stuff but their main asset is their play with the ball. Either of them would benefit from someone like kalifa cisse behind them doing the defensive covering

Ah Cisse...letting him go though it may have been purely wage based, there's a player we needed back in 2012.

I think Rowe could do a job in that role, certainly his strengths lie more there and yep a quick check, he has the best defensive stats overall for us in CM this season based on WhoScored admittedly.

Bit of DM coaching by him to them, with that side of the game wouldn't go amiss either- if he isn't already.

21 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

What is  Marlon Pack up to these days?

41 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not in this lifetime.  Honestly don't know how some people can watch football for decades and wonder at stuff like this.

What has happened to those two is that we've taken two talented confident players and coached the football out of them.

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

Not in this lifetime.  Honestly don't know how some people can watch football for decades and wonder at stuff like this.

What has happened to those two is that we've taken two talented confident players and coached the football out of them.

I would argue that currently Morrell would be doing more in our team than HNM, even if the latter has far more potential long term.

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In a 3 though...depends how you set up the side too I guess.

I'd happily hazard a guess that he has the best defensive numbers this season of any of our CMs.

Well yes he has been playing in defence?

I get the sentiment of it and he would do a job just like he did at LB but he isn’t the answer to our midfield issues imo. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Well yes he has been playing in defence?

I get the sentiment of it and he would do a job just like he did at LB but he isn’t the answer to our midfield issues imo. 

Shows he can do the job- perhaps in a DM role, a more comfortable position he'd do even better- free up Massengo and Nagy a bit more.

Massengo especially doesn't strike me as a DM.

Archived