IGNORED

Kalas injury.

Southport Red

52 minutes ago, Super said:

I wonder if we rushed him back certainly not been the same player since his injury.

This to an extent.

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

He's not been fully fit since returning, sadly was a matter of time before he broke down again

And this also.

I think he has one of those Knock-on injuries that affect another part of the body when you come back from a different injury. And he’s tried to play through it!!!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think he has one of those Knock-on injuries that affect another part of the body when you come back from a different injury. And he’s tried to play through it!!!

It may be just me, but does Kalas frequently jump too early when he goes up to head the ball?
Have noticed it a few times this season, particularly since his injury. 

5 minutes ago, Red7 said:

It may be just me, but does Kalas frequently jump too early when he goes up to head the ball?
Have noticed it a few times this season, particularly since his injury. 

It looks like it doesn’t it, but it’s a tactic used by CBs to overcome certain forwards who are good in the air, by stopping them leveraging off of Kalas. It can look ungainly granted. He’s always done it, just maybe not as often. Maybe feeling his way back in. 

2 hours ago, Super said:

I wonder if we rushed him back certainly not been the same player since his injury.

Without turning this into an LJ bashing thread, I think we're not averse to bringing players back prematurely who have had a medium term or longer injury.

Pisano at home to Sheffield Wednesday and O'Dowda starting v Millwall a month later are two that spring to mind...felt a little too soon.

43 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

I suspect that if Williams had been available, Kalas might have been given a rest. As he wasn't, the alternative was Baker coming back from injury so equally vulnerable to injury pushing himself hard on return, so Hobson's choice for Johnson.

And Johnson didn’t play Hobson . 

I remember being at the Wimbledon pre-season friendly. 
I watched Kalas quite closely during his warm ups (they were regularly warming up including during the half time break). 
I think he’d only just arrived back from his extended holiday not long before and he was waaaaay behind the rest of the squad in terms of fitness. 
He then suffered an injury on the training camp in the States. 
I then remarked in the opening match v Leeds that he looked unfit. 
He then got injured again a couple of games later. 
I believe he’s not been ‘fit’ all season. 
Whether that’s a result of not having a proper pre-season because of his extended holiday, I wouldn’t want to speculate. But he was certainly looking incredibly unfit at that Wimbledon friendly. 

Archived