IGNORED

That'll teach a few of our lot.....

WhistleHappy

….not to #### about like they did against Shrewsbury on Saturday, and for half the season come to that.

Enjoy your few days off Boys and ponder what might have been - & what, if you're lucky , you might get the chance to fight for in a perfectly avoidable replay.. 

Whose gonna make the squad? Whose gonna be benched? Who's gonna muss out altogether....?

A lesson to be learned for one or two of our lot... You're only as good as your last game!  Have you done enough??  ?

Sweet Dreams Boys !  ? 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and then ‘tiptoe’ through subsequent league games to avoid injury pre-Liverpool (if we beat Shrews) - although it would be difficult to tell on current form! ?

I thought you were talking about some of our ‘supporters’ for a moment there.

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Will be slightly infuriating if the players suddenly "switch on" 

Exactly and I bet they do. This may just prove what I’ve always felt is problem - never been convinced about LJs ability to motivate the players, especially through tougher periods.

Now they have the motivation of a potential game against the best club team in the world. 

Will they raise their game over the coming weeks?

2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Exactly and I bet they do. This may just prove what I’ve always felt is problem - never been convinced about LJs ability to motivate the players, especially through tougher periods.

Now they have the motivation of a potential game against the best club team in the world. 

If you want to motivate people get people that can be motivated. 

3 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Well, they'll suddenly all want to be in LJ's good books, that's for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

If you want to motivate people get people that can be motivated. 

You may have been on the same management course as me!

The truth is everyone will be motivated by a fourth round tie against Liverpool. The real concern is that the Shrewsbury lads will be more motivated than ours. 

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Really? You can't support 2 teams.

I support City, Liverpool are the next team I look for.  The first game I saw on tv was Liverpool.  They play in red like City, and the first live game I saw was City v Liverpool (1-0 Royle).  I like lots of other teams for a variety of reasons.  I don’t see the issue.  If we get through I want City to win.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I support City, Liverpool are the next team I look for.  The first game I saw on tv was Liverpool.  They play in red like City, and the first live game I saw was City v Liverpool (1-0 Royle).  I like lots of other teams for a variety of reasons.  I don’t see the issue.  If we get through I want City to win.

Which is fine with me Dave. 

I followed Liverpool games/results religiously as a kid.

They were my footy TV fix. 

Some saying , the players might switch on for it as they are not at the moment. Rio Ferdinand said the other day, players tend to switch off subconsciously when they haven’t got belief in the manager. 
Let’s see if the master tactician re focuses so he can put his astute footballing brain against Klopp 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Some saying , the players might switch on for it as they are not at the moment. Rio Ferdinand said the other day, players tend to switch off subconsciously when they haven’t got belief in the manager. 
Let’s see if the master tactician re focuses so he can put his astute footballing brain against Klopp 

Presumably he himself has switched off in the past? Even the best players are unprofessional at times then. 

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I never liked Liverpool because of their success,  but admired what they achieved and ALWAYS wanted them to win when they were in European competition, the same as all English teams, my favourite player of theirs was Souness, he wasn't just a dirty player he had a ton of skill too, like Gerry Gow. Now I really enjoy watching them under Klopp, breathtaking at times

3 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I never liked Liverpool because of their success,  but admired what they achieved and ALWAYS wanted them to win when they were in European competition, the same as all English teams, my favourite player of theirs was Souness, he wasn't just a dirty player he had a ton of skill too, like Gerry Gow. Now I really enjoy watching them under Klopp, breathtaking at times

I was the same with Man Utd v Bayern....wanted the English side to win.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and then ‘tiptoe’ through subsequent league games to avoid injury pre-Liverpool (if we beat Shrews) - although it would be difficult to tell on current form! ?

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I thought you were talking about some of our ‘supporters’ for a moment there.

I thought of Tiny Tim and tulips  tbh …  then shed a tear for the good old East End! ?

35 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Presumably he himself has switched off in the past? Even the best players are unprofessional at times then. 

Never said unprofessional . His actual words were . If you don’t believe in what a manager is trying to do and pass on to you you’re not at it 100% 

michael Owen backed it up by saying. 
fans forget, players are normal people . If you’re not happy at work( and it is a job to players )then your intensity drops off. You don’t do it on purpose. 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Never said unprofessional . His actual words were . If you don’t believe in what a manager is trying to do and pass on to you you’re not at it 100% 

michael Owen backed it up by saying. 
fans forget, players are normal people . If you’re not happy at work( and it is a job to players )then your intensity drops off. You don’t do it on purpose. 

Semantics I guess. Switching off because of the manager can be construed as unprofessional. 

Archived