IGNORED

That'll teach a few of our lot.....

WhistleHappy

58 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Semantics I guess. Switching off because of the manager can be construed as unprofessional. 

You're twisting the words . Being unprofessional , is turning up late for training, going out drinking the day before a game. As he said, subconsciously .

Easy to have a pop at people in a world we’ll never understand . It’s work to them , nothing more. Have you ever had a bad day or days at work ? 

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Never said unprofessional . His actual words were . If you don’t believe in what a manager is trying to do and pass on to you you’re not at it 100% 

michael Owen backed it up by saying. 
fans forget, players are normal people . If you’re not happy at work( and it is a job to players )then your intensity drops off. You don’t do it on purpose. 

This is why Liverpool are so successful currently, every player buys into Klopps system, every single player will run through brick walls for him, the intensity Liverpool play at is mind blowing, they play the same way almost every single game and very few teams have figured out how to counter their tactics currently.

They suffocate you if you have the ball for the 1st 7 seconds, they will block the passing lanes etc and when they win the ball back they counter at an electric pace., the players just do not stop running the whole game and that's because they have belief in Klopps system.

Leeds play with the same intensity and once again that can be attributed to the players believing in the managers system.

Look at Stoke under Pulis and various Warnock teams, whilst not the prettiest football to watch the one thing they didnt lack was motivation and effort and that's because they believed in the managers system.

We used to have a system that players and fans could believe in, with a smaller squad and same bad injury luck we faded away and lost that intensity yet even now with a bigger squad we have failed to go back to that system, no one quite knows what our system is these days apart from trying not to concede. As a fan I certainly dont buy into whatever system we play these days so I'm not surprised the players dont either.

I also believe our players are over coached, sometimes when a player has the ball you can tell instead of playing their natural game they are instead thinking of all the coaching they have had and what LJ wants them to do.

The other thing is if tactics are being changed almost every week then that gives players little confidence in the managements tactical ability, especially if he gets it wrong and then pins the blame on them. 

I had this one manager once and he was absolutely useless, when he asked me to do something I thought why the hell am i doing this or doing it this way etc, i did it cos I had to but i did it begrudgingly because i believed there was a better way and I knew his way was wrong and that's the kind of feeling I am getting from our players.

I was listening to talk sport not long ago and they were talking about long term managers and that they are becoming a dying breed because after around 3 years players begin to lose focus and that things are all a little samey and then it becomes stale. It takes a particular manager who can stay at a club for a long period and keep the faith of the players and keep things fresh and exciting and I'm really starting to doubt if LJ has those credentials. 

Sad thing is that people are calling for players to be motivated for this ONE game, if they really put their minds to it they could be playing teams like this most weeks and not waiting for a random cup draw to be kind to us. Think on that players and staff.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Sad thing is that people are calling for players to be motivated for this ONE game, if they really put their minds to it they could be playing teams like this most weeks and not waiting for a random cup draw to be kind to us. Think on that players and staff.

Thing is in reality how many of our lot would you see as genuinely able (staff included) ,,even potentially so to handle Premiere league football week in week out??

For many of them I suggest the mere possibility would be a spectre lurking in the shadows of the mind.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I support City, Liverpool are the next team I look for.  The first game I saw on tv was Liverpool.  They play in red like City, and the first live game I saw was City v Liverpool (1-0 Royle).  I like lots of other teams for a variety of reasons.  I don’t see the issue.  If we get through I want City to win.

Same here Dave, I also support Sheffield Wednesday as I lived there as a teenager when dad moved with his work. This was the early 60's, no internet etc and a chance after leaving Bristol to support not one but two First Div Football teams, I chose Wednesday. Had ST, went to Wembley 66 but still looked out for City results.  When we meet nowadays, always want a draw, but if it came to say, Play off final, my heart is Red.

11 hours ago, Kibs said:

Exactly and I bet they do. This may just prove what I’ve always felt is problem - never been convinced about LJs ability to motivate the players, especially through tougher periods.

Now they have the motivation of a potential game against the best club team in the world. 

Will they raise their game over the coming weeks?

Sorry I don’t get this. 

If the possibility of getting to the Premiership isn’t motivation enough for them, then they are in the wrong job. 

If they are sat there in the dressing room saying to LJ ‘motivate me’, and then, after a poor game saying ‘we’ll, you failed to motivate me...’, then the snowflakes really have taken over. 

I get that poor selection and bad tactics/formation can have a detrimental effect, but the players and management shouldn’t need motivation. 

32 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Liverpool are going to field their second team anyway

Dont worry, LJ will keep 'em guessing if we're gonna play our first team, second, third or whatever and our a game, b game, c game etc... They'll be more confused planning to play us than we will be of them, how the f *** is Klopp meant to counter our first eleven and tactics when we cant find our own ID ?    … No matter which line up Klopp puts out in the 4th round you can bet they'll be far more identifiable as 'them' than we will be as 'us' when that football starts pinging around. 

Before that we have to work out a 'shrewd' but mysterious line up and tactical plan for Shrewsbury of course... Anyones guess! 

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Sorry I don’t get this. 

If the possibility of getting to the Premiership isn’t motivation enough for them, then they are in the wrong job. 

If they are sat there in the dressing room saying to LJ ‘motivate me’, and then, after a poor game saying ‘we’ll, you failed to motivate me...’, then the snowflakes really have taken over. 

I get that poor selection and bad tactics/formation can have a detrimental effect, but the players and management shouldn’t need motivation. 

No need to apologise! All about opinions.

You don't think motivation, getting players fired up, to buy into and trust your plan, creating a siege mentality within the squad forms a major part of management?

Its something Jurgen Klopp has excelled at. How many players look at the guy, his charisma, the way he looks after his players and motivates them and think - yep I'd love to play for him. Every Liverpool player play as if they would run through a brick wall for him. 

Don't forget, this is just a job to many players. I'm sure being a Premiership player is a goal for most but is it the be all and end all if they don't make it? They are paid handsomely in the Championship too. 

5 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Thing is in reality how many of our lot would you see as genuinely able (staff included) ,,even potentially so to handle Premiere league football week in week out??

For many of them I suggest the mere possibility would be a spectre lurking in the shadows of the mind.

I totally agree, we are no where near Premiership ready. A few players could play there in other teams I think, where there is quality above and beyond surrounding them but as a team playing week in week out...no not yet.

Archived