IGNORED

Eddie ... On Radio West!!!

WhistleHappy

4 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Predates Bergerac too... when Eve left Shoestring after a couple of series... they remodelled the character, relocated it and resurrected it as a copper on Jersey..  (Bristol's loss) 

its always been Bristol loss no matter what.

On 08/01/2020 at 11:59, New Dazzler said:

He used to be shown using the "Lightship",  a floating pub just off Welsh Back/opposite King St. , which also had a disco/club going on "downstairs"  or whatever the nautical term is!

Remember it got towed to Newport in end didn’t it - complete rust bucket by the end ! 

On 08/01/2020 at 06:41, Never to the dark side said:

Managed to get the 21 programmes before the official release.

Any one wanna guess where all the locations were/are?

One sequence was filmed at Tor Fair in Glastonbury.

I know, because I'm walking about in the background as an extra. See if you can spot me. ?

Talking about being an extra.

Stumbled on some late night filming outside the Cathedral after a night down town in the late 70's.

Invited to be an extra to be a member of a panic stricken crowd as the Cathedral came crashing down.

I've seen it and can just about spot myself, but they didn't choose me for a close up, or as one of the crowd who was squashed.

The film was The Medusa Touch starring Richard Burton.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 07:05, TomF said:

Remember it got towed to Newport in end didn’t it - complete rust bucket by the end ! 

Yes, I knew it was removed couldn't remember where but Newport sounds right, probably for scrap?  This was after the Council's Environmental Health Team has closed it down due to a severe rat infestation!  There was another pub/boat around that time, was it called the Lochiel?

3 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Yes, I knew it was removed couldn't remember where but Newport sounds right, probably for scrap?  This was after the Council's Environmental Health Team has closed it down due to a severe rat infestation!  There was another pub/boat around that time, was it called the Lochiel?

I remember seeing it going up the Avon. Guess it may have gone somewhere like Woodhams at Barry Island.

Archived