IGNORED

Shrewsbury away tickets.

BCFC1512

Funny discussing ticket allocations.

Used to follow City to games like the Leeds FA Cup tie (away) and that Coventry game with no tickets sold in advance, thus no guarantee of even getting in.

Often going through the first turnstile we got to, many times ending up on home terraces.

For younger readers both games very much full houses and gates shut, so fans of both sides would have been locked out.

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Funny discussing ticket allocations.

Used to follow City to games like the Leeds FA Cup tie (away) and that Coventry game with no tickets sold in advance, thus no guarantee of even getting in.

Often going through the first turnstile we got to, many times ending up on home terraces.

For younger readers both games very much full houses and gates shut, so fans of both sides would have been locked out.

Funny feeling too that in those days, capacity limits and H&S weren't so strictly adhered to let's say?

Watching some old footage of packed crowds in football I suspect this to have been the case...away numbers who travelled used to be really quite hefty at one point, not just in the Cup either, pretty sure.

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Funny feeling too that in those days, capacity limits and H&S weren't so strictly adhered to let's say?

Watching some old footage of packed crowds in football I suspect this to have been the case...away numbers who travelled used to be really quite hefty at one point, not just in the Cup either, pretty sure.

Remember a City v Forest First Division game.

Announcement that gates were closed at about 2.45. 

I was at the back of the Open End so could see over the wall, big queues and crowds milling around outside, and still arriving.

The crowd given afterwards at about 35k iirc, but it was full to the brim so would guess at least 3k more inside AG.

Liverpool home game '77, reported full house of 38k., but gangways also packed in EE, must have been at least 41k in the ground.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

My wondering being is that if we do beat Shrewsbury & then Liverpool play the majority of kids & we manage to get a draw at home, would the Shrewsbury ticket enable season ticket holders to bigger priority in any possible replay at Anfield?

Steady on Tiger

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was at the back of the Open End so could see over the wall, big queues and crowds milling around outside, and still arriving.

The crowd given afterwards at about 35k iirc, but it was full to the brim so would guess at least 3k more inside AG.

Liverpool home game '77, reported full house of 38k., but gangways also packed in EE, must have been at least 41k in the ground.

Liverpool 77. Many sneaked in and many paid stewards rather less than they should have paid at the turnstiles ?

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Liverpool 77. Many sneaked in and many paid stewards rather less than they should have paid at the turnstiles ?

That Liverpool home game in 77 (I was 12 at the time) was the biggest attendance I have seen at AG. All the dolman gangways were packed - standing room only, and the kids were also sat over the ledge all along the front of the dolman. Fantastic occasion that I will remember to the grave.

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That would've been Christmas 77/78, Forest on their way to being Champions of England. Think there is some footage of the goals of that game on YouTube somewhere. 

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

That Liverpool home game in 77 (I was 12 at the time) was the biggest attendance I have seen at AG. All the dolman gangways were packed - standing room only, and the kids were also sat over the ledge all along the front of the dolman. Fantastic occasion that I will remember to the grave.

I was 16.....and a bloody good climber :)

8 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

I'll have one please, appreciate you may wish to sell the pair together though.

Chesh......you can get one on the shrews site for £15.

You won't be able to buy one for the away end on there but can transfer easily enough.

On 08/01/2020 at 12:17, ChippenhamRed said:

What team do you reckon he'll pick for this now we know the prize?

My expectation is he'll go full-strength - surely there'll be a bit of pressure from the board to secure the pay day?!

Would it be that much of a pay day though?. The reason I say that is that we only get 45% of the gate for FA cup ties? 

Yes we would get tv money, but only gate money from the equivalent of a approximately 12,000 home crowd. 

26 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Would it be that much of a pay day though?. The reason I say that is that we only get 45% of the gate for FA cup ties? 

Yes we would get tv money, but only gate money from the equivalent of a approximately 12,000 home crowd. 

They’ll raise at least £4m from the production of half and half scarves ... 

Archived