IGNORED

Joe Bryan - sell on?

Ciderarmy23

I think this would be a good move for Joe, despite starting badly and still being in the relegation zone things look like they are on the up for Watford since appointing Nigel Pearson and I would expect them to go on and stay up now. Added to that they have stuck around at that level for a number of year. 

Fulham don't look like they are likely to get automatics so he would be gambling on them going up in the playoffs otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Depends on the type of clause some are just a flat % some are profit some are from all future sales 

Most are Profit based, and as long as you keep getting sold for more, the sell-on percentages keep coming in, albeit a percentage of a percentage. 

Bryan is £6.4m in my spreadsheet. No idea of the accuracy, but was rumoured to be more than the £6m offered by Villa....and I read £6.4m at the time. 

I can't imagine he would go for much more than £7m so if the majority of guessed information on here is correct I don't think we will be getting very much. 

Its when he joins Man u in 2 years time for £100m that Fulham will get £20m and we will get £2m.

13 hours ago, steveybadger said:

1 word - Cole ?

completely, think that lesson will never be forgotten our way! A sell-on on him would have got us a couple of tidy players back in those days, I don't think I was the only one rubbing my hands when heard he was going to United :grr:  

Thinking back on it, that decade was a bastard for tough lessons in the art of supporting City (Jacki being fired! Osman ball! Pulis! The Gas tanking us 4-0!) Argh! 

29 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

He was settled here ... 

Course he will a pay rise again , prem football aswell , he has no loyalties.

If that's the case he might as well wait until the end of season in case there is a swap over of teams, Watford don't look that safe. Don't think he would want 2 relegations from the Prem.

13 hours ago, Pezo said:

I can't imagine he would go for much more than £7m so if the majority of guessed information on here is correct I don't think we will be getting very much. 

Its when he joins Man u in 2 years time for £100m that Fulham will get £20m and we will get £2m.

Prices for players are mental these days, and with him having a few years left on his Fulham deal, I don't imagine they will let him leave on the cheap.

Unless of course, they need to try and balance the books.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Prices for players are mental these days, and with him having a few years left on his Fulham deal, I don't imagine they will let him leave on the cheap.

Or unless Fulham are happy to let him go as they have realised he’s ..

Actually, no. I won’t go there ?

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If you don't think £7m is mental for a Championship left back that's had a limited and failed look at the prem then one of us is mental :-).

Archived