IGNORED

atmosphere in the dressing room

STeveOELlis

From the clickbait rag:

On the atmosphere in the dressing room

To be fair, that’s in-house so I don’t want to give away too much information about what happens after a game.

That's from Jay DaSilva. During the promotion season, player's wouldn't hesitate to discuss how open and positive the dressing room was. I was skeptical when the headlines came out that LJ's lost the dressing room, however I find this answer quite telling 

4 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

From the clickbait rag:

To be fair, that’s in-house so I don’t want to give away too much information about what happens after a game.

That's from Jay DaSilva. During the promotion season, player's wouldn't hesitate to discuss how open and positive the dressing room was. I was skeptical when the headlines came out that LJ's lost the dressing room, however I find this answer quite telling 

During the promotion season players rarely commented on it as well

10 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

From the clickbait rag:

What, in your head, is it telling?

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have seen teams here that have stopped playing for the manager, this doesn't look like one. The performances have been poor, but I haven;t seen a lack of effort, arguments on the pitch or other tell tale signs.

So if it's not lack of effort or a lack of confidence in the manager, then what do you think it might be?  It surely can't be a lack of quality considering the millions we havee spent, so that only leads me to one conclusion.

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So if it's not lack of effort or a lack of confidence in the manager, then what do you think it might be?  It surely can't be a lack of quality considering the millions we havee spent, so that only leads me to one conclusion.

Teams go in and out of form all the time,  people think all the players are amazing when they are in form and complete shit when they are out of it. 90% of the whole game is self confidence, a bad run can effect that and it becomes cyclical. 

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

OK Sherlock!........Only one conclusion?  So please be kind enough to enlighten us all with your in depth analysis of what this one conclusion is? ??

Is this fair comment from LJ:

For me personally, it doesn’t affect me now. It may have done when I started playing. I’m very philosophical about “noise” because I know how it works.

I know how media have to earn money for their kids, I know how social media works.

We’re talking about a wider society issue - I fear for the children of today because I feel a bullying-type mentality can be constant.

You’ve got to try and help the players be as consistent as possible because I can’t be with every minute of the day.

I know how it affected me as a player and now it’s constant.

But it works both ways: if you’re Player A and you score the winner against Liverpool, you’re the best player for Bristol City - you’re a legend, a hero, we want your babies etc

And six weeks later, you score an own goal or you make a mistake and it’s, “get out of my club”.

We’ve had situations this year where parents of players have been vilified for loving their kids.

Everybody demands instant information, success, knowledge. Everybody wants to get one up on everybody else.

Some people, dare I say it, take pleasure from other people’s failure.

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

So team who won promotion at a canter + cup win at Wembley had a good team atmosphere

Team currently mid table in the championship on a poor run off form getting booed has a quiet/negative atmosphere 

What a shock.

Exactly. I suspect the atmosphere in the dressing room is unlikely to  be great at the moment. And neither should it be - I'd hope every single player is unhappy about the run we are on and I suspect that there have been conversations about what is going on. But I don't think that tells us anything more than the fact we currently aren't winning games, which we already know.

They unfortunate natural consequences of sheep pie consumption has been identified as a prime destroyer of dressing room atmospheric conditions... 

Hence to remedy the situation steps have recently been taken to remove the presence of sheep pies from the entire Ashton Gate site. 

(this is classified information: & officially restricted as 'for your pies only' so mums the word OK ?)

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Up to you to make up your own mind.  How many conclusions can you come up with?

You sound like a politician`?..................Always answer a question, with another question, rather than an answer.   I'm really not interested in linguistic games ?

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Is this fair comment from LJ:

For me personally, it doesn’t affect me now. It may have done when I started playing. I’m very philosophical about “noise” because I know how it works.

I know how media have to earn money for their kids, I know how social media works.

We’re talking about a wider society issue - I fear for the children of today because I feel a bullying-type mentality can be constant.

You’ve got to try and help the players be as consistent as possible because I can’t be with every minute of the day.

I know how it affected me as a player and now it’s constant.

But it works both ways: if you’re Player A and you score the winner against Liverpool, you’re the best player for Bristol City - you’re a legend, a hero, we want your babies etc

And six weeks later, you score an own goal or you make a mistake and it’s, “get out of my club”.

We’ve had situations this year where parents of players have been vilified for loving their kids.

Everybody demands instant information, success, knowledge. Everybody wants to get one up on everybody else.

Some people, dare I say it, take pleasure from other people’s failure.

This rings a bell somehow....

36 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What some people read into simple comments is unbelievable and is worse than than the nonsense I experienced doing A-level English Lit over the significance of 'Boom Boom Shake the Room' in A Passage to India. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I have seen teams here that have stopped playing for the manager, this doesn't look like one. The performances have been poor, but I haven't seen a lack of effort, arguments on the pitch or other tell tale signs.

You didn't go to Charlton boxing day then or the f.a cup game against Shrewsbury. Open your eye's FFS. 

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What some people read into simple comments is unbelievable and is worse than than the nonsense I experienced doing A-level English Lit over the significance of 'Boom' in A Passage to India. 

I went to The Passage To India in Nailsworth, for a Chicken Madras. Definitely a Boom in the shitter, the next day.

Archived