IGNORED

atmosphere in the dressing room

STeveOELlis

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Straight red automatic 3 game ban

2 yellows 1 game ban

Incorrect.  Straight red for e.g. violent conduct = 3 games, professional foul (or whatever they call it these days) = 1 game.

In fairness, I think the ban length changed a few / several seasons back.

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Norman Hunter didn't play for us in the 2nd Division nor did Joe Jordan.

Think you may be thinking of Joe Royle, Jordan signed for us as a player in the late  80’s was player-manager in the N Forest League Cup semi final season, then manager after he retired from playing.

16 minutes ago, Angmering Red said:

Think you may be thinking of Joe Royle, Jordan signed for us as a player in the late  80’s was player-manager in the N Forest League Cup semi final season, then manager after he retired from playing.

JJ only played div.3 football for us.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Straight red automatic 3 game ban

2 yellows 1 game ban

That was my understanding as well. Williams had already been shown a yellow after his fracas with Olly Watkins and then a straight red after he’d hacked the same player down. 

Interestingly, on Quest the pundit (Dean .....? who was forced to retire thru injury ) had played against Williams before and said ‘Ash is easy to wind up’..............:facepalm:

44 minutes ago, Angmering Red said:

No. @Drew Peacock is quite correct.

Norman Hunter joined us when we were still in what was then the First Division, whilst Joe Jordan joined us (as a player) when we were in what was then the Third Division

Apologies I may have misunderstood the post. I am aware that Norm signed for us in Div 1 and a great job he did too, I read the post as saying Joe Jordan also signed for us while we were in Div 1, not Div 2, which is why I thought he meant Joe Royle. Jordan did sign for us ‘on the way down’ so to speak and as you say in Div 3.

58 minutes ago, Angmering Red said:

Apologies I may have misunderstood the post. I am aware that Norm signed for us in Div 1 and a great job he did too, I read the post as saying Joe Jordan also signed for us while we were in Div 1, not Div 2, which is why I thought he meant Joe Royle. Jordan did sign for us ‘on the way down’ so to speak and as you say in Div 3.

As is always the case, no apologies are ever needed for an erroneous post made in good faith.   

Archived