IGNORED

I can't be the only City fan thats collects videos?

Never to the dark side

used to love the end-of-season VHS highlights the club would put out in the 90s: dreadful quality and camera work but would spend hours of the close season savouring every moment and counting the days till the new season started! Does the club even do season highlights nowadays? 

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

used to love the end-of-season VHS highlights the club would put out in the 90s: dreadful quality and camera work but would spend hours of the close season savouring every moment and counting the days till the new season started!

**Does the club even do season highlights nowadays? 

**none so far this season... Unless the FA Cup saves us. ;) 

As a kid, I used to video the ITV Monday night 30 second highlights with commentary by good old Roger Malone, I had hours and hours of it from the 80's and 90's which I recently found. Sadly, the time spent in the loft had rendered them beyond saving, gutted...

I do however have many seasons of programmes, some from the old first division days and I hardly missed a game for years after the collapse. Does anyone know if there is much of a market for these

Also, randomly, I was on a DAS corporate invite once and met Robert Carlyle in the corporate suite in the Williams, he was a very nice bloke and he kindly signed my programme

43 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

As a kid, I used to video the ITV Monday night 30 second highlights with commentary by good old Roger Malone, I had hours and hours of it from the 80's and 90's which I recently found. Sadly, the time spent in the loft had rendered them beyond saving, gutted...

I do however have many seasons of programmes, some from the old first division days and I hardly missed a game for years after the collapse. Does anyone know if there is much of a market for these

Also, randomly, I was on a DAS corporate invite once and met

**Robert Carlyle in the corporate suite in the Williams, he was a very nice bloke and he kindly signed my programme

** Beat his lot 2-0 in 2003 LDV Final at the Millenium Stadium Cardiff. ?

On 09/01/2020 at 23:23, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

I still have all my HTV/BBC 30 second highlights from around 1981. I then had to transfer them from the Video 2000 system to VHS and that was before Scart was invented! 

I think the first match I have is when we played Oxford Utd in the Milk Cup. A giant milk bottle was brought onto the pitch.

A colleague of mine used to "collect videos". As his wife hated "Football videos" he stored them at work. 

One day all of his office belongings (and those of colleagues), including the videos was stolen by the cleaners. He never mentioned it until the police one day returned all valuables that had been stolen as the cleaner - after a moment of guilt - had returned them to the nick in a bin liner. 

Our receptionist had a right laugh distributing everything to their rightful owners ? including the 30 videos.

Archived