IGNORED

City on the list of shame?

phantom

• Admin

All though it doesn't directly affect us, I wonder how many grounds we visit increase ticket prices as a result of what we charge their supporters?

Seven Championship clubs are regularly charging away fans more than £30 for the cheapest adult ticket, despite the Premier League agreeing to cap prices at that level nearly four years ago.

According to research by The Athletic, Leeds United’s Elland Road is the most expensive venue for visiting fans with tickets costing £39, with Fulham, Queens Park Rangers, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Bristol City and Blackburn Rovers also charging away supporters more than any club in English football’s top-flight do.

The Premier League’s cap was agreed in March 2016 and came into force at the start of the following season on a three-year trial, which has since been extended for three more. The move was universally welcomed by supporters and has resulted in an increase in away and overall attendances.

But even the Premier League’s price ceiling is £10 more than the Football Supporters’ Federation, now known as the Football...

20200109_093618.jpg

It must piss away fans off when they see the price we charge compared to what we pay when we visit there grounds . Don’t go away much now so don’t really take much notice if what we get changed but over Christmas I saw a couple of game around the £20 mark I think. Also Man U are changing wolves £55 for there cup replay ... football really has lost touch with the real world 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

All though it doesn't directly affect us, I wonder how many grounds we visit increase ticket prices as a result of what we charge their supporters?

Seven Championship clubs are regularly charging away fans more than £30 for the cheapest adult ticket, despite the Premier League agreeing to cap prices at that level nearly four years ago.

According to research by The Athletic, Leeds United’s Elland Road is the most expensive venue for visiting fans with tickets costing £39, with Fulham, Queens Park Rangers, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Bristol City and Blackburn Rovers also charging away supporters more than any club in English football’s top-flight do.

The Premier League’s cap was agreed in March 2016 and came into force at the start of the following season on a three-year trial, which has since been extended for three more. The move was universally welcomed by supporters and has resulted in an increase in away and overall attendances.

But even the Premier League’s price ceiling is £10 more than the Football Supporters’ Federation, now known as the Football...

20200109_093618.jpg

I’ve always been of the opinion that we should charge whatever the other club charge us tick for tact and all that,

ticket prices are a absolute disgrace, not just with us but in football in general 

28 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I’ve always been of the opinion that we should charge whatever the other club charge us tick for tact and all that,

ticket prices are a absolute disgrace, not just with us but in football in general 

Exactly! And as a further note ALL clubs should agree one straight price for visiting grounds as away supporters. £20 would be about right considering all additional costs to following your team. But in this day and age where money is King and most clubs including ours don't give a flying **** about fans it won't happen!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Interesting point raised, I believe that they can't be any higher than the equivilent seat in the home section

So perhaps emphasises that City charges more than many perhaps although to be fair, for members there has been some very good deals this season.

Why reference Championship pricing with a Premier regulation? Might as well question why there isn't a cap on how much revenue the Premier receives CF the Championship. You might have referenced the relative significance of Championship ticket revenue compared with that in the Premier, but then you'd find the answer.

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Should be £20 (Adult) for all league games.

And a tenner max for concessions

Thats plenty for an away ticket

Im not sure why a club should subsidise away fans over its own to be fair.

A club should be obliged to charge exactly the same price to an away fan as a home supporter in a similar part of the stadium.

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

A club should be obliged to charge exactly the same price to an away fan as a home supporter in a similar part of the stadium.

Well in the Atyeo’s case that would be the same as we charge section 82 season ticket holders

12 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

If all clubs did it, they would in effect, be subsidising their own fans - helping them follow the team.

Everyones a winner and the clubs, dont actually lose that much money

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

If all clubs did it, they would in effect, be subsidising their own fans - helping them follow the team.

Everyones a winner and the clubs, dont actually lose that much money

I get that fair comment.

I do wonder though if that £15 or so saving on a ticket would encourage more to go away ? As @Abingdon Red says, travel costs are the real killer.

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I get that fair comment.

I do wonder though if that £15 or so saving on a ticket would encourage more to go away ? As @Abingdon Red says, travel costs are the real killer.

Every little helps. Especially if you cap concessions aswell.

When you consider clubs are starting to charge £33 or more.

• Admin
1 hour ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Living in one of the high price cities (Derby) I used to go along occasionally as a neutral. I'm fairly well off, however they've simply priced me out of it. I reckon these expensive clubs must miss out on a lot of passing trade.

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

I simply said that City prices in the main appear pretty high generally although to be fair to the club some match prices for members have been very good.

OK ?

A friend of mine is coming to the Birmingham game with their son for their first time at AG8

Ticket £39 + U19 ticket £19 + £1 postage + £2 handling = £61 -- Hardly going to attract new supporters, especially as this is one of the cheaper seats available for that game

59 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

We, generally, haven’t spent more than the price of a ticket already just by getting to Ashton Gate.

59 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

To be fair though I don't the think ticket price is the real problem for away fans, rather the travel cost which can be extortionate and often many times the price of the match ticket.

Possibly yes, though I've not gone to some away matches  say Leeds because i will not pay £40 plus out of principle for a poor seat in an away end,  but I was happy to pay the £80 train fair to get there.

Archived