IGNORED

Lights

beaverface

Question

Evening Jerry, and we'll done on accepting the SLO.....you'll be great at it.

I know it's been asked many times before, but with your new role, thought I'd ask once again and try my luck...

Is there any chance we can have the terracing lights switched off during night games please? Or at least ask for a justification why they're off during concerts but not for football please?

Many thanks, and good luck with the role.

1 answer to this question

Thanks for the question 

1. To isolate (turn off) the terrace lighting, this would also isolate the emergency lighting system. Therefore in the event of an emergency situation we would be increasing the risk factor by turning off the terrace lights and isolating the emergency systems.

2. The seating deck lights remain on for the safety and comfort of all fans and stewards moving around the seating deck. This also gives good and much needed visibility for the stewards to manage the crowd and fan behaviours during the match.

3. CCTV operation is improved with the seating deck lights on. Images are clearer and coverage has better clarity for the stadium to work with the authorities and internal teams in the event of an incident taking place.
  4. During the concert series where terrace lights are off, in the event of emergency, seating bowl and pitch lighting is provided by the stage production as well as the venue.

Archived