Jump to content

23 Minutes Without Anyone Posting


Recommended Posts

I'm still around, drinking some Chilean Merlot with my wife, listening to OJ Borg on Radio 2, and just booked 2 tickets to see Steve Harley (him of Cockney Rebel) playing an acoustic set at St Georges Hall (just off Park Street) Bristol this April.  So I have spent an hour or so not thinking about Bristol City or any football matters.  Life is good.  "Come up and see me, make me smile"  (that's a Cockney Rebel ditty, not an invitation:yawn:)

I am £60 light after booking these tickets, but should be a good gig!!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Logging in live from Dunedin, New Zealand

Lots of sheep, penguins and amazing fish and chips

Don’t you mean fush n chups? 

Having a lazy afternoon drinking beer in S/E Melbourne. 🍻

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

I'm still around, drinking some Chilean Merlot with my wife, listening to OJ Borg on Radio 2, and just booked 2 tickets to see Steve Harley (him of Cockney Rebel) playing an acoustic set at St Georges Hall (just off Park Street) Bristol this April.  So I have spent an hour or so not thinking about Bristol City or any football matters.  Life is good.  "Come up and see me, make me smile"  (that's a Cockney Rebel ditty, not an invitation:yawn:)

I am £60 light after booking these tickets, but should be a good gig!!

Amazing acoustics at St George’s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Logging in live from Dunedin, New Zealand

Lots of sheep, penguins and amazing fish and chips

I think you mean fush & chups 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't access the Internet after Virgin Media sent me a brick wall for me to bang my head against. If you don't hear from me in the near future it will be because I will have wielded a sledgehammer. :ranting::bones:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Amazing acoustics at St George’s.

Absolutely right, one of my favourite venues, and with a capacity of around 600 very intimate for some of the top artists around.  Last year saw Sophie Ellis Bextor there with an orchestra and then full band.  Have previously seen Jimmy Webb (writer of "McArthur's'Park'," "Up Up and Away" and many of the Glen Campbell classics such as Witchita Lineman,. Galveston etc.), Graham Gouldman of 10cc (who we are going to see again in early April) who wrote many 60s classic songs such as Bus Stop, No Milk Today and a few Yardbirds hits,  the brilliant Graham Nash (ex Hollies and Crosby, Still, Nash and Young), Glen Tilbrook (Squeeze).  I notice they have hosted the likes of Elvis Costello, Bob Geldof and Bjork, although missed out on getting tickets for those, and coming up later in 2020 is the iconic John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten) which has sold out most tickets, but have stalled a bit on that one as not sure whether it is more of a "racounter" only experience, or whether he will be playing some stripped down Pistols/PIL/solo music.

Brilliant venue though!

 

  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

coming up later in 2020 is the iconic John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten) which has sold out most tickets, but have stalled a bit on that one as not sure whether it is more of a "racounter" only experience, or whether he will be playing some stripped down Pistols/PIL/solo music.

 

As far as I know, Lydon's tour will be purely conversational, don't think he'll be playing any live music.

Sounds like a cynical capitalist money-making excercise to promote yet another re-hashed autobiography. The old 'Filthy Lucre'. Good man. I've got my tickets!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

As far as I know, Lydon's tour will be purely conversational, don't think he'll be playing any live music.

Sounds like a cynical capitalist money-making excercise to promote yet another re-hashed autobiography. The old 'Filthy Lucre'. Good man. I've got my tickets!

Thanks for that, hope you enjoy the gig, but think I will give it a miss if he is just chatting (note to self, the word I was looking for is "raconteur"!).  I know he has played the 02 academy in Bristol relatively recently with the current PIL line-up, but I would have really been tempted to see Lydon chatting about his life story - which is incredible so I am sure you will enjoy - but would have been totally sold on it if it was interspersed with "unplugged" versions on Anarchy, God Save the Queen, Holidays in the Sun, Babies, Road Runner etc! Not to mention Death Disco and Rise!

Just wondered if anyone turns up expecting him to churn out some of the old ditties, will his reaction be "ever get the feeling you've been cheated!"? 🤣

Edited by New Dazzler
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...