IGNORED

Give Blood!!!

CyderInACan

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

If you can - register at Blood.co.uk - there’s usually somewhere nearby that you can go to to donate, it’s practically painless and it can save lives. 

Thanks

Unfortunately no-one wants mine anymore: because I have lived in the Caribbean, the NHS don't want it; because I lived in the UK during the BSE scare, the Cayman health authorities don't want it.

Used to donate regularly years ago, and same as @CyderInACan I urge everyone to do so if they can.

10 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Unfortunately no-one wants mine anymore: because I have lived in the Caribbean, the NHS don't want it; because I lived in the UK during the BSE scare, the Cayman health authorities don't want it.

Used to donate regularly years ago, and same as @CyderInACan I urge everyone to do so if they can.

Fairly certain nobody wants my blood either. However it's been a while and I've changed medication so I'll sign up and see what happens...

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Fairly certain nobody wants my blood either. However it's been a while and I've changed medication so I'll sign up and see what happens...

Unfortunately I had to stop giving blood after I was put  on statins. Iirc there aren’t  many medications that are permitted that allow you donate blood.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unfortunately I had to stop giving blood after I was put  on statins. Iirc there aren’t  many medications that are permitted that allow you donate blood.

Yeah - I had a look at the website. Looks like you're ruled out if you've had a transfusion since 1980 in any case. I almost certainly have within that time so looks likely I am ineligible. I understand the reasons but it's a shame that the people who benefit from blood donation can't actually donate it...

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Wow! Have have you managed that many?

Are you older than Prince Philip!

I've been donating since 1970.

I took part in the Interval Survey experiment a few years ago (a 3 year experiment to establish how often it is possible to give safely)

As a result I now give every 12 weeks at Southmead donation centre.

I was originally inspired to give after my dad was requested to donate for the first kidney transplant in Bristol.

That was his "claim to fame", God bless him!   :worship2:

I used to give blood, but as I also have an autoimmune disease, I can't any more.

What worries me is what happened to the poor individuals that may have had my blood before I was diagnosed as I was not screened whilst donating.

I would also like to be an organ donor, but don't think it's adviseable.  However, I can't get an official answer in this regard.

Archived