IGNORED

VAR

Lanterne Rouge

VAR - keep it, tweak it or scrap it?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It'll be fine if the rules were tweaked:

30 second review by the ref only. Not clear and obvious otherwise, so ref's original decision would stand.

A daylight type of rule for offside; lower limb goal means upper limb daylight and vice versa. So an elbow is not offside if the player scores with their foot for example. The frames currently used are arguably not the right one to 'measure'.

Handball is interpreted as intentional or not as an offence by the ref's judgement. Not a problem if it brushed a finger in the lead up to a goal.

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Amazed there is one person who wants to keep it as it is now!!

Me too and there`s two now mate!

I`m interested that the first two options are pretty much neck-and-neck. I thought there would be `clear daylight` (to coin an appropriate phrase!) between them. At this rate we`ll need VAR to decide!

Personally I hate it, but my slant is different from most. I can live with the odd referee's offside mistake.

I had hoped it would be used to eradicate cheating and diving. Rather than just clarify decisions should it happen. There is much more analysis of what players are up to, but no difference in the level of simulation. 

I watch very little TV football now anyway because of the a-holes running the game and their disregard for anything approaching integrity in the game. 

Use it in a similar way to rugby, cricket and tennis.

The ref requests it if he feels he needs assistance (as per rugby).

Each team has a couple of challenges if they feel something is missed or wrong (as per cricket or tennis).

Everyone sees the analysis on screen (so we can see how or why the decision is made)

The ref's decision is final.

8 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Use it in a similar way to rugby, cricket and tennis.

The ref requests it if he feels he needs assistance (as per rugby).

Each team has a couple of challenges if they feel something is missed or wrong (as per cricket or tennis).

Everyone sees the analysis on screen (so we can see how or why the decision is made)

The ref's decision is final.

If only! 

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

It'll be fine if the rules were tweaked:

30 second review by the ref only. Not clear and obvious otherwise, so ref's original decision would stand.

A daylight type of rule for offside; lower limb goal means upper limb daylight and vice versa. So an elbow is not offside if the player scores with their foot for example. The frames currently used are arguably not the right one to 'measure'.

Handball is interpreted as intentional or not as an offence by the ref's judgement. Not a problem if it brushed a finger in the lead up to a goal.

These, plus Mic the refs to the stadium PA so they can call what is being reviewed and what the outcome is.

Everyone complaining about the declan rice one, if he hasn't handled it the ball probably goes out of play, var applied the rule exact, so not hard to see where the issue is. 

You can have teams getting referrals (like cricket) because you'd get situations where teams use them tactically to stop teams on the counter late in the game to stop a winner/equaliser 

Archived