IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 27

BCFC_Josh

5 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

In my opinion, that should've been offside. However, apparently it was said post game Assombalonga was classed as not being involved in the play. Another joke decision against us. 

That was not what was said at all. Assombalonga was not offside because Law 11 says:

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

The laws of the game are freely available on the FA website:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

That has to be the worse half of football I have seen us play for a very long time, making wigan look like promotion contenders. No passing at all, just smith or hunt smashing it up field to the wigan defence. 

Worst half since the Shrewsbury game

This really is painful to watch luckily were only playing Wigan anyone else we would be 3 or 4 down. We look gutless, clueless, tactic less, and formation less. They are obviously not playing for the manager its plain to see.

I still think we can sneak a win here but that will just keep LJ in a job for a little longer.

If we do lose tonight what will LJ excuse be tonight ? it cant be the players need a rest he's used that one

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

That was not what was said at all. Assombalonga was not offside because Law 11 says:

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

The Wigan player deliberately played the ball too, I don't care for if I was right or wrong, only if City had the same rule go against them twice or not

1 minute ago, westonred said:

This really is painful to watch luckily were only playing Wigan anyone else we would be 3 or 4 down. We look gutless, clueless, tactic less, and formation less. They are obviously not playing for the manager its plain to see.

I still think we can sneak a win here but that will just keep LJ in a job for a little longer.

If we do lose tonight what will LJ excuse be tonight ? it cant be the players need a rest he's used that one

That’s a lot of lesses 

Just now, RedDave said:

Nobody. But let’s try to be a bit more respectful shall we. Social media is full of anger and hatred. Let’s all try to make the forum a more respectful environment 

It’s a game of passions (well for most people anyway).  Go and join a bowls forum if you want decorum! 

Just now, Psychopomp said:

My word that was anything but a bright busy performance, it was a continuation of totally hapless football. We look like a side in a relegation battle.

Positive is Wigan having nothing up front, and we are still in the game, and look like we can grab one of our away day smash and grab goals. A win is still there to go for. Wigan do not look remotely like scoring 

Said this weeks ago; we look like a relegation haunted team. There is no spark there whatsoever.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Weimann wide is a waste of space, better to take him off.

Yeah taking him off is an option.

What I don't get is everyone says he is a centre forward, but he mainly runs to the wing all the time anyway.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Nobody. But let’s try to be a bit more respectful shall we. Social media is full of anger and hatred. Let’s all try to make the forum a more respectful environment 

Agree. Though it’s normally a good yardstick for who’s opinion isn’t worth much when people can’t make a point without personal insults. Same reason I stop reading anything that contains ‘Wee Lee’ or similar. 

First half in my nutshell.

Opening half has been all Wigan, passing/moving freely and controlling the game at will. When we, very rarely, had the ball we immediately gave it away with a poor pass/touch or a hopeful long ball which was easily dealt with. Even when we had a free kick we gave it away (Hunt hitting it at a Wigan player.)

No pressing from us, no possession/options or decent passing/tackling from us. We look like a side woefully devoid of any confidence/ideas/creativity or threat, consistently producing sloppy play all over the pitch. The Robins TV commentator at least made me smile with his ‘Not sure why there’s so much rubbish on the pitch, looks like someone’s emptied a dustbin on it’ thought at first he was referring to us!

On 27 minutes we were almost undone by a long ball from Wigan.Then on half an hour a great strike, out of nowhere, by Fammy, which is disallowed for (I think) a foul in the build up. Shortly after Fammy had a decent heading opportunity, following a good ball in from NE, which he put over. So suddenly we were - for two minutes at least - offered a few encouraging signs, although Wigan soon regained control of the game.

No City player has performed anywhere near their potential and it is clear that Lowe has the beating of Hunt and Baker looks vulnerable. Anybody watching would assume that City are the team threatened with relegation, being second best in all areas. Wigan have easily been the better team.

The only positive being it’s still 0-0.

Although there will inevitably be lots of negativity on here this is exactly when supporters need to support and get behind the team and exactly when a manager earns his corn. It’s a game of two halves, can we really be as poor in the second half?

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We’re going to be dragged into a relegation battle under this muppet

Said a few weeks ago that if we keep playing the way we are that it could be a possibility.  However it was half tongue in cheek. Surely we have too many points already. Surely ?

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

What do you think of the fam goal China. 
Watkins doesn’t make any effort to play the ball, just stands infront of the defender. In fact, he actually moves away from the defender before it’s headed. 

Just now, Jerseybean said:

First half in my nutshell.

Opening half has been all Wigan, passing/moving freely and controlling the game at will. When we, very rarely, had the ball we immediately gave it away with a poor pass/touch or a hopeful long ball which was easily dealt with. Even when we had a free kick we gave it away (Hunt hitting it at a Wigan player.)

No pressing from us, no possession/options or decent passing/tackling from us. We look like a side woefully devoid of any confidence/ideas/creativity or threat, consistently producing sloppy play all over the pitch. The Robins TV commentator at least made me smile with his ‘Not sure why there’s so much rubbish on the pitch, looks like someone’s emptied a dustbin on it’ thought at first he was referring to us!

On 27 minutes we were almost undone by a long ball from Wigan.Then on half an hour a great strike, out of nowhere, by Fammy, which is disallowed for (I think) a foul in the build up. Shortly after Fammy had a decent heading opportunity, following a good ball in from NE, which he put over. So suddenly we were - for two minutes at least - offered a few encouraging signs, although Wigan soon regained control of the game.

No City player has performed anywhere near their potential and it is clear that Lowe has the beating of Hunt and Baker looks vulnerable. Anybody watching would assume that City are the team threatened with relegation, being second best in all areas. Wigan have easily been the better team.

The only positive being it’s still 0-0.

Although there will inevitably be lots of negativity on here this is exactly when supporters need to support and get behind the team and exactly when a manager earns his corn. It’s a game of two halves, can we really be as poor in the second half?

A manager should be earning his corn seven days a week, not at half time.

Archived