IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 27

BCFC_Josh

"Worldie" aside our front 2 have been rubbish. Utter rubbish and have given the Wigan back line almost nothing to worry about. We need somebody to "get on the ball" and do something. It would not surprise me if he brought on Paterson and took off one of the aforementioned. Not advocating it, but  it would not surprise me at all.

Very poor game. We look low on confidence and lack ideas. Every player has more errors in them than normal, can the whole team really have a collective off day? 

I am staggered we are level at HT, we don't deserve to be.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah taking him off is an option.

What I don't get is everyone says he is a centre forward, but he mainly runs to the wing all the time anyway.

Jon, its effin' easy to understand why (not having a go at you)....its because the other bloke up top 1) doesn't make any runs 2) takes his space centrally.

I would enjoy Mexico - I'm having to fake it that I'm in Canada ???

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Very poor game. We look low on confidence and lack ideas. Every player has more errors in them than normal, can the whole team really have a collective off day? 

I am staggered we are level at HT, we don't deserve to be.

That collective off day ha happened almost every game this season, you can count on 1 had the amount of domination performances we’ve had,

we were lucky to be anywhere near the top half

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

"Worldie" aside our front 2 have been rubbish. Utter rubbish and have given the Wigan back line almost nothing to worry about. We need somebody to "get on the ball" and do something. It would not surprise me if he brought on Paterson and took off one of the aforementioned. Not advocating it, but  it would not surprise me at all.

Paterson and CoD were out warming up immediately at HT, now gone in so I'm guessing these will be the subs as soon as the 2nd half starts

Well positives from the half - we haven't conceded, but given they're the lowest scoring team in the division, not much to celebrate.

Defensively narrow, compact and organised, but we sat off and let them play around to their hearts content in possession with little pressing. To be fair, we didn't concede any major chances so that is working, Dan having little to do.

But we look lacklustre and slow to get out of that defensive block of 8, the front men stretched so we regularly just play long and early and ending just giving the ball back as no one is there for the scraps. Wigan doing well to give us no time on the ball, crowding us when we get possession.

That said we had the best chances of the half, Famara scored the best non goal i've ever seen, and had another decent chance from a cross. 

Dasilva and Niclas linking well going forwards, we need more of that.

Still they are way too slow in transition, dare I say badly missing a 'Brownhill' and lacking invention again - but given defence has been a recent problem, there is some improvement there at least.

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

It’s a game of passions (well for most people anyway).  Go and join a bowls forum if you want decorum! 

I joined a bowls forum once and it was just as bad. Some bloke kept saying he didn’t believe anything that happened until it was on the bowls website, moaned continually about not being able to hear when it was his turn to stick up from his seat and then, to put the tin lid on it, he took the other local bowls team on a day out.

Our captain confronted him but he denied any knowledge.

Glad it’s only bowls people that happens with and not football fans.

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I joined a bowls forum once and it was just as bad. Some bloke kept saying he didn’t believe anything that happened until it was on the bowls website, moaned continually about not being able to hear when it was his turn to stick up from his seat and then, to put the tin lid on it, he took the other local bowls team on a day out.

Our captain confronted him but he denied any knowledge.

Glad it’s only bowls people that happens with and not football fans.

Thought after I posted it that ‘he’ may get a mention ?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Jon, its effin' easy to understand why (not having a go at you)....its because the other bloke up top 1) doesn't make any runs 2) takes his space centrally.

Yep. But that's what we have up front. It doesn't work. Weimann does seem to be dropping back a bit alongside Massengo, with Korey sitting.

But I imagine Eliasson in a more free role might cause Wigan more problems. He can drift either wing then too.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I call him whatever I like 

So just for balance as long as I have been posting on here you you have been totally out of order at times with your comments. You seem to concentrate on male parts for some reason to insult either other members on here, now the Manager. Also you actually can't call anyone 'what you like'. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the Robin's TV commentator gave you both a shout out! Even he is getting fed up with City today...

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

This really is painful to watch luckily were only playing Wigan anyone else we would be 3 or 4 down. We look gutless, clueless, tactic less, and formation less. They are obviously not playing for the manager its plain to see.

I still think we can sneak a win here but that will just keep LJ in a job for a little longer.

If we do lose tonight what will LJ excuse be tonight ? it cant be the players need a rest he's used that one

Obviously "not back up to speed yet" or "fine lines with ref decisions" should be "I dont know what to do now except buy some more players"

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

That collective off day ha happened almost every game this season, you can count on 1 had the amount of domination performances we’ve had,

we were lucky to be anywhere near the top half

No this is a real off day, not seen a game this bad yet and I have seen all home and a few away. This is poor.

Hopefully something will happen in the 2nd half or we will be stuffed....by Wigan who don't look good

Archived