IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 27

BCFC_Josh

11 minutes ago, Super said:

All about the result today.

Agreed, just would be interested. Think we failed to play our way into the game for a long time because we kept making pretty basic passing errors. Not something you could blame LJ for either. Really good result today particularly given the recent form and a good platform to build on. Interestingly at this point last season we built 2nd bottom Bolton 2-1 to go 7th on 41 points. 

Poor first half, better second half.

Good win, good goals.

Worth a few ciders tonight - enjoy the win and three points.

Bit of confidence restored for the lads and something to build on.

Nothing to moan about - it was always going to be a turgid game of attrition at Wigan especially given our form.

Always look on the bright cider life.

Oh yeah - great subs by LJ

13 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

4-3-3 for me. That's what I see.

Think in 433 the wide players need to be goal threats(Because fam isn’t the most prolific) and Eliasson and Paterson aren’t really. In that 4231 that finished we had those two plus Weimann all buzzing around Fam gives an extra player in attack

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't agree with the 1/2 time poll, that was a bit crass 1B but you can't be happy with that performance, even though we won. We were awful for most of the game. Wigan were dreadful too and a better side would have beaten us on that performance.

Let's hope it's the confidence boost we need eh! 

Can only hope....the conditions did not make it easy for a passing game, Smith is back, it's the midfield that need to stop teams playing , we have been too powder puff .

Huge win.

6 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Unexpected and probably not fully deserved too, but...a win it's a win!

That being said...we still have huge problems on the pitch and at the moment I don't think LJ can solve them...but I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

COYR!

We are so unpredictable at moment, it would’nt surprise me if we went on a little winning run.

1 minute ago, FramptonRed said:

We are so unpredictable at moment, it would’nt surprise me if we went on a little winning run.

Yeah - Let’s our forget that our 10 game winning streak last season was started by an undeserved winner against a nine man bottom of the table Rotherham.

It could be another false dawn of course but we have two winnable* games this week. If we did win those the mood would start to feel different.

*both obviously losable too admittedly.

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I am not satisfied with Lee Johnson as manager. Our football is dire. And a smash and grab against Wigan in which we were severely outplayed for 70 minutes doesn’t make everything ok. 

So revel in the win, absolutely. But those Johnson supporters who enjoy the oneupmanship of the win over those of us who don’t back him will soon realise how limited he really is. 

Totally agree that the majority of the game was dire. BUT...if that lifts the spirits of our currently fragile squad, you might find yourself in a week seeing us in the top 6 of the table and 4th round of the Cup with Liverpool to come. In that scenario, Johnson would almost be vindicated. 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

That was largely forgettable, but we stuck at it and won with a couple of bits of quality.

Awful game and city dreadful for long periods - especially first half an hour. But just hoping this plus Tuesday and signing or two can kick start the obvious potential that is there. 

Turgid game but they kept at it and two bits of quality won the game.

Great subs and formation change by LJ.

And pleased for Paterson with a goal and assist.

Never mind the cracks or the paper, just enjoy the win and three points.

Archived