IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 27

BCFC_Josh

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

As far as I can see, no ones said it,

people are rightly calling out a disgraceful performance against a relegation threaten side

others are acting as if we’ve just won the fa cup,

This is kind of the problem with polarised views we have on OTIB, people t so fed up with the constant jumping on every little negative of positive that they see things that aren't there in others posts. You are absolutely right nobody is saying they are disappointed we won just fairly critsising a poor overall performance but no one is acting like we won the FA cup either! 

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Nope. Not what either of us have said.

@Fordy62

You dont need to say it...

Genuine fans are just happy with the win, those that want LJ out are continuing their agenda by highlighting a bad performance although I'm not quite sure how if you win 2 nil it can be considered a bad performance? Surely any 2 nil win is actually a good performance?

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Genuine fans are just happy with the win, those that want LJ out are continuing their agenda by highlighting a bad performance although I'm not quite sure how if you win 2 nil it can be considered a bad performance? Surely any 2 nil win is actually a good performance?

Hmmm...how are supporters of Bristol City who want a change of manager not genuine fans? Was everyone who wanted Pulis out not a genuine fan? 

Genuinely confused!

22 minutes ago, Leveller said:

You can’t have it both ways - it’s the result that matters most.

In past bad runs, reasonable performances that led to unlucky defeats have been written off. So, when a bad performance leads to a lucky win, you have to use the same criteria.

Often, lucky results help build up some confidence that leads to improved performances. Let’s make the most of it.

This is 100% true.

During the original 23 odd game bad run under LJ, there were a number of decent performances (as well as a number of shocking ones) and in quite a few of those games you could say we were unlucky not to win/draw instead of draw/lose.

But that was at first ignored, because of how lengthy the winless run was getting, and later forgotten as the number of bad performances got exaggerated, with the exaggerated number then being taken as fact.

9 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Hmmm...how are supporters of Bristol City who want a change of manager not genuine fans? Was everyone who wanted Pulis out not a genuine fan? 

Genuinely confused!

Not unless you give 100% blind faith apparently,

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

To be fair, I haven't noticed anyone who seems upset that we won. Quite a few saying it doesn't change their opinion, which is fine and frankly I'd be surprised if one win off a largely poor performance did.

What'll be more revealing is the people who won't be on over the next couple of days. We all know who they are.

Totally agree with this. Plenty give it the “Johnson Out” one minute and “yesssssssssssssss” when the ball goes in the next which is totally ok with me. You can celebrate a win and want the Manager our, they’re not mutually exclusive.

Its the small minority of posters who are the most vocal when it’s all going wrong and literally silent when we win that puss me off. We all know who they are.

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

“Genuine fans are just happy with the win”.

Give me strength.

Oh and by the way I’m happy we won the game, if you care to check you’ll see that was my opening statement when entering the debate. So you can piss off with your “disappointed we won” bollocks. Just because you can’t grasp the idea of being happy we won while still holding reservations about the performance and the manager, some of us can.

28 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

This is 100% true.

During the original 23 odd game bad run under LJ, there were a number of decent performances (as well as a number of shocking ones) and in quite a few of those games you could say we were unlucky not to win/draw instead of draw/lose.

But that was at first ignored, because of how lengthy the winless run was getting, and later forgotten as the number of bad performances got exaggerated, with the exaggerated number then being taken as fact.

I think we can all agree whether we are Johnson In/Out that performances have been sub standard for too long now. You cannot set any team up to perform poorly/rely on resilience alone and win over a sustainable period of time. You get found out in the end.

Hopefully grinding out a win like we did today can give the team a shot in the arm. Sometimes that’s all it takes......

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Just got back, Pato MOTM by far. Brought some technical ability that was absent in the team before and took his goal well, but his chip assist for Fam is as good as you’ll see.

Completely changed the game which we would have drawn or lost had he not been involved.

That finish by Fam though....took it before the keeper was set.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Happy with the result not happy with the performance, up until the goals it was nothing short of a disgrace 

But the whole point of the game is to get goals (more than them is bestest). Sometimes its pretty and sometimes it ain't. Time to grow a pair I think !!

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think we can all agree whether we are Johnson In/Out that performances have been sub standard for too long now. You cannot set any team up to perform poorly and win over a sustainable period of time.

Hopefully grinding out a win like we did today can give the team a shot in the arm. Sometimes that’s all it takes......

Absolutely, wasn't making any comment on today's game, and the last one I saw any of was the Luton game, where we did actually play quite well, albeit against poor opposition. 

I was agreeing with the point that @Levellerwas making.

When we have had bad results in the past but played well, the result was the most important thing, but when we play less well and get a good result it is "papering over the cracks" or something similar and the performance itself becomes the main thing.

Hopefully today's result will be a shot in the arm, as you say. And with another game that has to be seen as a winnable one on Tuesday, it's a chance to have confidence running high going into next weekend's game.

Fam put in a good shift today.  I do wonder why he doesn't do that more often.  He seems to play like a man possessed after he has scored.

Korey added the missing steel in the middle and Pato was the man that really made the difference.

Personally I didn't think Andi Weimann had one of his best games, but he always puts in the effort.  I also prefer Taylor Moore to Williams due to his height, pace and ability to bring the ball out of defence.

We didn't create anything before we scored though and we need a tactical rethink in that department.

Over the moon with 3 points today, but Wigan offered very little and we are miles off the top 3 or 4 in terms of quality.

11 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Just got back, Pato MOTM by far. Brought some technical ability that was absent in the team before and took his goal well, but his chip assist for Fam is as good as you’ll see.

Completely changed the game which we would have drawn or lost had he not been involved.

I like Pato, but the problem is he is like Matty Taylor, good off of the bench as an impact player but doesn't do so well when he starts games.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Fam put in a good shift today.  I do wonder why he doesn't do that more often.  He seems to play like a man possessed after he has scored.

Korey added the missing steel in the middle and Pato was the man that really made the difference.

Personally I didn't think Andi Weimann had one of his best games, but he always puts in the effort.  I also prefer Taylor Moore to Williams due to his height, pace and ability to bring the ball out of defence.

We didn't create anything before we scored though and we need a tactical rethink in that department.

Over the moon with 3 points today, but Wigan offered very little and we are miles off the top 3 or 4 in terms of quality.

He was on fire today, on another day he would have walked away with the match ball. He seems to be getting some form together and beginning to hit a bit of a purple patch, long may it continue. 

Was there today my thoughts on the game, a poor first half that Wigan had the better of but there lack of a quility striker cost them, the changes Lee mage worked well today, Pato coming on and changing to a 3 up front made a real difference, suddenly Fam was unplayable he was bossing the defence and Pato and Nic where making great use of the space, took our goals well against a good keeper and it turned into an easy win with us seeing things out well in the end, 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Did Nathan Baker just try and get sent off?

rash challenge that was completely unnecessary then seconds later in the corner before the Wigan player even crossed the ball I said he’s gonna stick his hands out here...

then in the box from the resulting corner shoved someone to the ground.

did he lose his head or what?!

Personally, I recognised that tackle as one of my own creations from back in the day.  In the 1970's I chucked a good half dozen of those in every Saturday in the Welsh League.

#oneteaminbritonferry.......there's only one team (you know the rest)!

Archived