IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 27

BCFC_Josh

One thing that we rarely see at City is finishing off the opposition in clinical style .

Two quick fire goals killed them off psychologically and they were beaten at precisely that moment.

Earlier in the season, with our injuries, we played a loan striker , it wasn’t expansive or pretty but it was very affective.

It started to go wrong when we started to believe the praise heaped on the side as we consolidated in the top six .

We were pragmatic today , it wasn’t pretty or expansive but it was affective.

Well done to Lee and the boys , a win is a win .

26 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Personally, I recognised that tackle as one of my own creations from back in the day.  In the 1970's I chucked a good half dozen of those in every Saturday in the Welsh League.

#oneteaminbritonferry.......there's only one team (you know the rest)!

Pah!!

[My dad was born and bred in Newtown and played in goal for them].

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Me. I did. He’s less consistent than O’Dowda. 

At least Pato shows flashes of excellence, and (although lightweight) isn't scared of his own shadow. I'd take him over COD at the moment. Now if COD decides to step up his game, that might be a different story...

8 minutes ago, Offside said:

Really pleased with the win. Sounds like it was another indifferent performance, though, which continues to be a worry. 

It got better, but for more than an hour it was not good viewing.

Struggling against a side that looks a good bet for the drop. I swear if we were still playing, the scoreboard would read Wigan 0-

Not many Championship teams would have let us get away with that hour, i swear.

I really effing enjoyed watching that (on Robins TV) today apart from Weimann, I thought we were absolute class. Yes, we may have been punished against a better team but against a better team we would have been set up differently. Wigan didn’t really look like scoring.

Our performance was a complete and professional team effort. Famara was the best I’ve seen him and was never off side. He also carried Wiemann IMO who was guilty of greed, not looking up and shooting from impossible angles instead of passing or holding up.

I’ve seen so many games where we have played like and been in the same position as Wigan. Playing “well” having large chunks of possession and getting nothing from the final third in a month of Sundays. I believe it’s about adapting to your opponents in this league and that is something we are learning and coping with more regularly now due to strength in depth.

I don’t want to get carried away with Weimann but I would have preferred to have given one of the younguns 90 mins today, although I suppose Andreas played his part in a team effort. 

Have a feeling Tuesday will be a similar game or perhaps tougher in terms of confidence.

A couple more wins on the run and we’ll have our bounce back. 3 more wins this season and we’ll stay up. 

Up the City.

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agree. Though it’s normally a good yardstick for who’s opinion isn’t worth much when people can’t make a point without personal insults. Same reason I stop reading anything that contains ‘Wee Lee’ or similar. 

I understand, and you make a very valid point.

If, however, you are referring to the London-based poster who refers frequently to 'Wee Lee', whilst I share your criticism of the term, I would suggest you persevere and read his posts for, that derogatory term aside, they are generally astute and very much to the point.  

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I am not satisfied with Lee Johnson as manager. Our football is dire. And a smash and grab against Wigan in which we were severely outplayed for 70 minutes doesn’t make everything ok. 

So revel in the win, absolutely. But those Johnson supporters who enjoy the oneupmanship of the win over those of us who don’t back him will soon realise how limited he really is. 

Johnson supporters equate to City supporters..... so whilst he is Head Coach I cannot hope the team loses...ever, however you and yours will do and continually make yourselves miserable more often than not, suggest you stay off here then with all the negative comments that ruin it for the majority. 

13 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Johnson supporters equate to City supporters..... so whilst he is Head Coach I cannot hope the team loses...ever, however you and yours will do and continually make yourselves miserable more often than not, suggest you stay off here then with all the negative comments that ruin it for the majority. 

You like to think so don’t you? You’re entitled to support Johnson, I’m not sure what you see, but don’t tell me how to feel or what to do. 

As for ruining it for the majority, there’s only one man doing that. And hopefully he won’t be here much longer. 

19 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

There is an ignore option.

Use it.

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You like to think so don’t you? You’re entitled to support Johnson, I’m not sure what you see, but don’t tell me how to feel or what to do. 

As for ruining it for the majority, there’s only one man doing that. And hopefully he won’t be here much longer. 

I'm not as far along the Johnson out train as yourself, but I completely understand where you are coming from. It's weird that anyone who happens to disagree with the view that everything is great is not a proper fan and wants us to lose. 

23 minutes ago, Nibor said:

It was a foul not an offside...  MW fouled his opponent before challenging for the header.

⬇️

15 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

We're talking about Paterson's goal, right? It was the same as one that Pukki scored for Norwich before Christmas. An arm offside is offside according to VAR.

Yes, we were.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

To be fair, I haven't noticed anyone who seems upset that we won. Quite a few saying it doesn't change their opinion, which is fine and frankly I'd be surprised if one win off a largely poor performance did.

What'll be more revealing is the people who won't be on over the next couple of days. We all know who they are.

Great 3pts today, how did we do that against a team who had 70% of the game, 17shots-7 on target,  still next...........we are quite likely to beat anyone in this div unfortunately the reverse is also true. We have a lot of players, too many imo yet still need a couple more, hence recalling Pato.

I would still prefer a more exp manager but also believe LJ is going no-where for a while yet so, on to the cup then :winner_third_h4h:

Archived