IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 27

BCFC_Josh

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️

Yes, we were.

Ah sorry. 

The Pukki one was ridiculous because it was far too close to call and VAR should have left it alone - but what was given offside there wasn't an arm but the shoulder, i.e. the first bit you can play the ball with.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Johnson supporters equate to City supporters..... so whilst he is Head Coach I cannot hope the team loses...ever, however you and yours will do and continually make yourselves miserable more often than not, suggest you stay off here then with all the negative comments that ruin it for the majority. 

Might as well knock the forum on the head then, if all it should be is a vehicle for the ‘happy clappers’ to regale each other with gushing praise of all the club does.

Not sure why some take it so personally, I cannot comment on today’s game, didn’t see it, (although the stats aren’t good, but stats don’t win games or score points), I have come to the conclusion on the games that I have seen, that the football on offer is not in the style or to the level that I like to watch, I am unconvinced that LJ will be able to bring that about, so it’s probably time for him to go.

Now, that doesn’t mean I have to denigrate anyone who thinks he will lead us to the promised land, that his stewardship of the team is one of an improving nature and there is more to come, I just don’t see it and surely that’s why the forum exists, for us to debate these things, good and bad, positive and negative.  If (when) LJ does leave, whether that be sacked, by mutual consent, end of contract or poached, then we will have all this again, as there will be not a chance everyone will agree on a successor, whenever that is.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Aside from the game; or those old enough to have been there; was the atmosphere better at Springfield Park than the DK?

I accept the DK is far more comfortable, but as for match atmosphere?

My first time at the DW today. I would say atmosphere at Springfield Park was better but that might be a combination of nostalgia and seeing an exciting 2-2 draw at Springfield whereas today was quite a tough watch at times. 

3 hours ago, lenred said:

Who’s unhappy with a win? 

Exactly! @Up The City! really does post some questionable trash at times - no matter what anyone thinks of LJ, not a single City fan will be unhappy with a win, ever. She lives in a dream world at times, like when she posted earlier that Wigan always had low crowds when they were in the premier league - that debate has been had on here a zillion times, and debunked as a myth - in real terms Wigan have enjoyed higher crowds than us for years - she probably thinks Burnley get small crowds too. 

Anyway, City fans on here ‘unhappy tonight’ ? She must be flipping joking, City have won away and da gas got dicked at home by Donny United - happy days! 

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought by now you’d be ribbing me about one of the most comprehensive away wins today ....

Only a matter of time before an English side picks up Shankland, 76 minutes per goal at the moment.

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Johnson supporters equate to City supporters..... so whilst he is Head Coach I cannot hope the team loses...ever, however you and yours will do and continually make yourselves miserable more often than not, suggest you stay off here then with all the negative comments that ruin it for the majority. 

Hilarious. Only positive comments allowed! It’s not “One Team in North Korea” mate.

Also love how you claim to represent a majority. I guess every recent poll on here indicating at least 2/3rds now want LJ to go are an inconvenient fact for you?

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I always thought his name reminded me of Liverpool in the early ‘70s ... Arabs are so far ahead it’s laughable ...

Its a foregone conclusion now you'd think, gives us time to think about strengthening for the return to the Premiership. Powers and Freeman are definitely the right sort of acquisitons for it imo.

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Exactly! @Up The City! really does post some questionable trash at times - no matter what anyone thinks of LJ, not a single City fan will be unhappy with a win, ever. She lives in a dream world at times, like when she posted earlier that Wigan always had low crowds when they were in the premier league - that debate has been had on here a zillion times, and debunked as a myth - in real terms Wigan have enjoyed higher crowds than us for years - she probably thinks Burnley get small crowds too. 

Anyway, City fans on here ‘unhappy tonight’ ? She must be flipping joking, City have won away and da gas got dicked at home by Donny United - happy days! 

Very diplomatic ? Yep there’s a minority on here who are desperate to to earn their ‘top fan’ badges - mainly by berating those who dare to have a differing opinion to them with regards to LJ thus claiming some kind of desperate oneupmanship.  Very sad imho, but whatever gets you through I guess!  

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Its a foregone conclusion now you'd think, gives us time to think about strengthening for the return to the Premiership. Powers and Freeman are definitely the right sort of acquisitons for it imo.

You’ll do well back up there, and, to be fair (much as it pains me to say it) the premiership needs the Tangerines - it was crazy in the recent past (2014/2015 was it?) when Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were all in the championship whilst Ross County, ICT and Hamilton were lording it in the Premiership - although I think ICT may have finished 3rd that season? Great achievement for them but a joke with the Gers and two of the three Edinburgh clubs in the division below ...

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - Let’s our forget that our 10 game winning streak last season was started by an undeserved winner against a nine man bottom of the table Rotherham....

Well, we “only” won 6 in a row after beating 9 man Rotherham and we then went 5 in a row without winning ?✌️ - but it was still impressive ...

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Might as well knock the forum on the head then, if all it should be is a vehicle for the ‘happy clappers’ to regale each other with gushing praise of all the club does.

Not sure why some take it so personally, I cannot comment on today’s game, didn’t see it, (although the stats aren’t good, but stats don’t win games or score points), I have come to the conclusion on the games that I have seen, that the football on offer is not in the style or to the level that I like to watch, I am unconvinced that LJ will be able to bring that about, so it’s probably time for him to go.

Now, that doesn’t mean I have to denigrate anyone who thinks he will lead us to the promised land, that his stewardship of the team is one of an improving nature and there is more to come, I just don’t see it and surely that’s why the forum exists, for us to debate these things, good and bad, positive and negative.  If (when) LJ does leave, whether that be sacked, by mutual consent, end of contract or poached, then we will have all this again, as there will be not a chance everyone will agree on a successor, whenever that is.

This! Well put. Agree 100%.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Observing that a win against Wigan does not suddenly make us Brazil 1970, and doesn’t really answer any of the lingering questions about LJ’s ability to take us to the next level, is not perfectionism.

So Brazil 1970 is the benchmark we aspire to now, yeah? Where has this sense of entitlement come from, we're a middle-of-the-road club with a less than glorious history, we're doing pretty well all things considered. 

If you want perfectionism why the hell did you choose to support city, and hasn't the penny dropped that you will be better off elsewhere if that's what you are expecting?

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

You dont need to say it...

Genuine fans are just happy with the win, those that want LJ out are continuing their agenda by highlighting a bad performance although I'm not quite sure how if you win 2 nil it can be considered a bad performance? Surely any 2 nil win is actually a good performance?

Are you accusing some on here of not being ‘genuine fans’ ?! If so, that is disgraceful ...

17 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

So Brazil 1970 is the benchmark we aspire to now, yeah? Where has this sense of entitlement come from, we're a middle-of-the-road club with a less than glorious history, we're doing pretty well all things considered. 

If you want perfectionism why the hell did you choose to support city, and hasn't the penny dropped that you will be better off elsewhere if that's what you are expecting?

This is the most spectacular misinterpretation of a post I’ve ever had the misfortune to read. You’ve missed the point by a million miles.

Oh and I didn’t choose to support City, I was born into it...for better or worse.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hows this for debunked?

In eight successive seasons in the Premier League, between 2005 and 2013, during which they won the FA Cup, Wigan attracted an average home attendance of 18,622 to their 25,000-capacity stadium.

Guess that means you post questionable trash too...

Many a time I remember watching Wigan games when they were in the prem and seeing swathes of empty seats. Higher crowds than us yes, but on average 7000 empty seats in the prem isnt good!

I deal in facts, not dreams, not myths, I'll leave that to you!!!!

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Hows this for debunked?

In eight successive seasons in the Premier League, between 2005 and 2013, during which they won the FA Cup, Wigan attracted an average home attendance of 18,622 to their 25,000-capacity stadium.

Many a time I remember watching Wigan games when they were in the prem and seeing swathes of empty seats. Higher crowds than us yes, but on average 7000 empty seats in the prem isnt good!

If that attendance figure is true and includes away support then that is pretty shite tbh.

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Are you accusing some on here of not being ‘genuine fans’ ?! If so, that is disgraceful ...

Yes I am! Deny it all you like but the vast amount of the LJ out brigade, the ones who's had an agenda against him since he played for us, would rather we lose so that gets him to boot, absolutely no doubt about it. Just check out @joe jordans teeth posts from this evening as evidence of that! 

And to me, any person that ever wishes us to lose are not genuine fans at all.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Hows this for debunked?

Funny how you claim to deal in facts, and yet earlier you were quite happy to make the entirely fictional claim that myself and others were “disappointed we won today” - and you didn’t have the decency to retract it when it was proven otherwise.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Yes I am! Deny it all you like but the vast amount of the LJ out brigade, the ones who's had an agenda against him since he played for us, would rather we lose so that gets him to boot, absolutely no doubt about it. Just check out @joe jordans teeth posts from this evening as evidence of that! 

And to me, any person that ever wishes us to lose are not genuine fans at all.

Superfan alert! 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Deluded to think there aren’t a minority who revel in the negativity. Seen things like ‘would happily see us lose if it gets him sacked’ written countless times on here over the years.

Head utterly in the sand if you say that’s not true. 

@Up The City!‘s “genuine fans” comment was aimed primarily at myself and @Fordy62 - based on the entirely inaccurate claim that our continued reservations about LJ’s management meant we wanted the team to lose today.

It might be true of others, but it certainly isn’t true of me.

Archived